My take on contemporary mediumship in the DL Movement

A forum for Al to post his musings
Joseph
Family

Re: My take on cotemporary mediumship in the DL Movement

Post by Joseph »

Dear Al and Geoff and Terry others,

I cannot adequately express how deeply grateful I am that you came and wrote the response that you did, Al. I have no idea nor do I really want to know what is being discussed in private between you and Geoff, but the discussion between you here in this thread could have led to an ugly rift. I love both of you and the Divine Love movement too much to see this happen.

With much love, and the
blessing of peace and love to us all ...

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Oh, Joseph, don't underestimate the power of the Love to keep us on track. Even without Jesus's intervention, we would have worked it out. Heck, we might have even pulled in more readers as everyone loves a good drama. I'm very grateful that Jesus saved me from another black eye though ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :? 8-) .
Endless journey,endless Love.
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

Oh, Joseph, don't underestimate the power of the Love to keep us on track. Even without Jesus's intervention, we would have worked it out.
Bravo! I read this to my heart's content.
With Blessings!
Doles
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Good morning folks, and may God Bless our poor little hearts with deep insights for our minds.

I have very much enjoyed the "conversational philosophies" entered into here by some very brave souls. I for one did not discern as much, if any, rancor in the discussion. We all get an opportunity to entertain the truth as the result of the expressions of different experiences, perceptions, and even opinions in our continued journey towards a state and condition of purity and freedom from the many generations of thoughts and beliefs in error and un-truth by the soul developing power of Divine Love of the Father.

There has been much said here, and from my perspective and perceptions there are valid truths, or understandings of truths, expressed by all parties involved. I would at once, agree, disagree and appreciate much of what has been said, but always I pray to Our Beloved Creator for an inflowing of the Divine Love and then meditate on the truths expressed, to be open to the guided impressions of my celestial angels, often before choosing any response. They will enlighten us if we listen and have a burning desire for only truth.

As was expressed by our beloved brother and Master teacher Jesus through James P. and to James P. and his friends, and for us as well; "The Father has assured me that never, in all Eternity, shall I cease to progress in the Divine Love and the possession of His Knowledge, Truth and Wisdom, in the advancement of my soul towards the Great Fountainhead of His Love." (paraphrase, at least that is how it comes to me right now, so quibble if you like!) I would say that that certainly puts things in perspective. There are at least two messages, and perhaps a couple of more that refer to either the "delicate shades of meanings" or "the real meanings" of the truths expressed in the Messages from Jesus and Celestials. There are, in my experience, levels of perception of these delicate shades of the real meanings of these truths expressed for us to use to progress.

It is, and has been, my experience of the Divine Love community at large over especially the last 12 years that their is a need for this discussion on the relationship of what is called the Natural Love, and the Divine Love. Often I have observed and experienced by many a dismissal of the necessities of embracing and practicing God's Truths in the Natural Love as part of our Soul Development in the Divine Love by the souls longings for it, in lew of just prayer for the Divine Love and its power to wholly transform us and remove all error and un-truth from our beings. It has been my experience that not only do these errors and untruths passed on to the child from many generations past through the parents directly effect our willingness and our abilities to progress as much as we would like to the state and condition of freedom, but the lack of recognition and understanding the spiritual principles of the "Natural Love" need to be practiced in concert with the Divine Love developing in our souls, or developing our souls. As the soul of the human being receives the Divine Love of the Creators soul, it, of itself, demands the mind reconcile itself to the truths of Love and the ways or actions of Love in all our affairs. The message on the 24th or 25th of Dec, which I like to call the message of "The Sword of Truth" makes clear that the war that is fought, is the war between the untruth of the mind, and the Truths of the soul. That war is an individual battle. We may help each other by sharing our own experiences with spiritual progression, or we may attempt to battle each other, for motives known only to the individual.

There are different levels of soul development, depending upon the soul desires and passions for the union with God, and the mental commitments and dedications to do the work necessary to free oneself from the mental thoughts and beliefs in error and untruth and arrive at those states and conditions of freedom that make us an example and evidence of the powers of God, both Natural and Divine, and put us in the position to be "teachers" of the same. The Natural Love and the Divine Love are both the Spirit of God.

It was suggested strongly that the principles of practice of the Natural Love or the Moral Truths of God, "should" be practiced in conjunction with the souls longings for the Divine Love. I personally, as I have previously stated, have practiced over many years any Truth, Natural or Divine, that would help me be in this world in a more loving and happy manner. I am thankful, or grateful for all of them!

All Glory to God the most High, from whom all things of goodness proceed, with my brotherly love, affection, empathy and compassion,
brother dave k.
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

We may help each other by sharing our own experiences with spiritual progression, or we may attempt to battle each other, for motives known only to the individual.
WOW!
With Blessings!
Doles
DennisT
Family

Re: My take on contemporary mediumship in the DL Movement

Post by DennisT »

I truly love this place, and I thank you Al, Geoff, Terry, Bro. Dave, Doles and others for your input.

It was a wonderful exchange of the human experience struggling to describe the fullness of our Father's Love and related issues, each trying to explain their perspective -- and it was beautiful. :mrgreen:

No need for another black eye, Al, after all, you did start a thread titled "My take. . ." in an area of the forum called "Al's Corner. . ." If you can't give your honest feelings here, heck where can you???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Each of us has our gifts, our skill sets from God, and we all use them differently. And when we come here to share just a scintilla of the experience each has with the Father, and the receiving of His Love, it is here for all the world to read, learn and grow. So I want to thank you all for your sharing, being vulnerable, and discussing this topic in a loving way.

Love and big hugs to all,

Dennis
brother dave k.
Family

Thanks Dennis!
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

This conversation reminds me of something Breda said to us in Ireland last October...."If your truth is greater than mine, then someday I will come to it....and if my truth is greater than yours, then someday you will come to it"! I LOVE this saying much better than what I've often heard and used in the past, which is: "Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree"!
Love to all, Jeanne :)
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
brother dave k.
Family

Jeanne, nice to see you on the forum. I like what your friend Brenda said. Thank you for sharing it. I hope that things are at least good for Eric, and will keep praying for his highest and best good, which God only knows and will provide, depending upon Eric.

much love, dave k.
brother dave k.
Family

It seems that in the realm of spiritual progression to me and my experience with people on the spiritual path of recovery, and my own experience, that there are early stages where we are still attached to being right as though our thoughts actually had something to do with our worth. It is a stage that I have seen a few transcend with focused work on themselves, or their thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes. It is an arduous work, but very necessary to clear the channel of the mind (spirit) for greater manifestations. So, like you Jeanne, I have also heard that comment many times. It seems to me to be just part of the process of coming to the truth, of ourselves, Love, Divine Love, Divine Truth, spiritual progression and soul development, much less the topic of mediumship. I wish that it was not so, but I accept that it is what it is for now. I have not thought that relationships are based upon agreement for quite some time. The more I learn to love and the ways of love, the more I am willing to listen to, entertain another's perspective, experience, observations, soul perceptions, and yes, even opinions. Then our relationships are more based on, or in, the unconditional acceptance of one and other as the beautiful and perfect souls that we are as Creations of God, regardless of the degree of spiritual dis-easement created by the mind's attitudes. We, as Al has stated, know only a little. We are all growing up here, and that together. There is a quote that often is voiced in the fellowship of spiritual recovery, and that is: "Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?"

love, dave k.