Road to healing

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Road to healing

Post by AlFike »

I think the big difference between our approach to healing and that of the other guy is that as we receive the Divine Love, it is a catalyst and compliment to any inner healing work we do. The other guy says that you must do the work before you can be worthy of the Love. This is pure bunk. I believe any technique used to heal our inner pain can be effective with the power of the Love rushing into those dark voids that harbour these human conditions. We just need to loosen up the boulders that are there and the Love will do the rest. I've experienced this myself on many occasions at Haven and in personal bouts of catharsis. Like the bottle full of dirty water, our souls are cleansed as the living waters keep flowing in. There are many ways to start the process but all require a concious and willing desire to go there. If a book helps, or a person, there is no perscription here just more work to improve our inner light and well being. The process of spiritual awakening takes many forms but as we know, it is the Divine Love that is the moving force for all of the other blessings to unfold in harmony and grace. God bless anyone who is willing to take those steps towards healing and wholeness. I'm with you all the way. Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

There are many excellent therapists and techniques to choose from! It's finding the right fit for your needs that's important. For Al and I, we were guided to Ben and Jock as primary catalysts and to several others, including marriage counselors, art therapists, and many communications workshops. Al was guided to send me to Virginia Satir for a month long retreat at Haven. She is known as the "Columbus of Family Therapy" and has published 11 books - the most famous being "Peoplemaking". (i think you'd find Peoplemaking useful, Geoff). Virginia, Ben and Jock are my most significant role models and teachers.....I have tried to incorporate what I learned from them in the work I do at Burnaby Family Life. For Al and I, we found learning the COMMUNICATION MODEL from Ben and Jock, using art therapy and body work techniques as well as Gestalt....were really helpful to our process, but one is never finished! It's like peeling the layers of an onion.....goes on forever! Every day we are called upon to try and keep "clearing". Relationships and how we communicate with others, in my mind, is the most important essence of our daily lives...along with prayer and forgiveness. I appreciate the work of John Bradshaw but I'm not an expert in his approach. I think Ben and Jock's techniques go very deep and I have every confidence in their integrity and their skills. Unfortunately they are retired now, but they have left an incredible legacy and have trained many others. I would love to host a Divine Love Retreat at their Haven by the Sea Retreat Centre on Gabriola Island some day! Thanks for the opportunity to comment! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Well, once again, i had a whole reply typed out just to have it disappear into cyberspace. i suppose that could be that several of you posted while i was typing and it was important for me to read the posts that i had not yet read.

i had said; AMEN Al, but had not read your latest post, so i will say that doubly now. It has also been my experience that the Divine Love is the power and force that re-awakens the conscience in the soul that preciptates an awareness in the mind that there are, the so very human tendancies brought about by the inherited thoughts and beliefs (attitudes) that prevail in the material world of humans and that are so habitual in our thoughts as be existent on the "unawrare" areas or levels of the mind, and that to obtain the greatest happiness and fulfillment in the souls desires and appitites for expression of our True Self innate qualities of Love, Goodness and Caring. While awareness of the emotions attendant to the manifestations of the thoughts of the mind, or the negative emotions, have been to me an important awareness, not to be denied or dismissed, as a guide to the thoughts that create them in spirit, and often hide the pure emotions of Love and Faith of the soul. So to use a limited understanding of the "emotions" as a "way" to God or the Divine Love is, or has its basis in a certain ignorance.

Jeanne, thank you for sharing this part of your journey. It has been my experience also, that if we are open to it, that the Angels always guide us to the person(s) most able to be of helpful service to us in overcoming our human tendancies and obstacles to happiness and fulfilling manifestations. i hope that others will investigate the offerings of your experience.

For me the major process that i have embraced has been the Spiritual Principles contained in the 12 Steps, although there have been others. i have found that in all practiced application of any Spiritual principle that the best ones, especially in the beginning, require submitting oneself to a mentor (sponsor, facilitator, guide, shaman, etc.). It is an act of humble acceptance of the Truth of the necessity of Higher Help (a Law of the Spirit World as well) in being actively involved with and involving someone with whom we are in direct contact with (present with) in the material world who has a direct experience of us, and who will hold us accountable. It has been my experience and the observation of others in their progress, or the lack thereof, that it is wholly insufficient to think that it is something that we can do by ourselves by reading a book. In other words it is a facilitated process.
The other practices that have come along have been with George Stokes in the At-Onement Affinity community and Neuro-Psychics, and Elizabeth Kubler-Ross at Shanti Nilaya (who i took the Messages to). Later on the practices of the Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz have been very helpful.

It is interesting that you mention Gestalt, as i have found much to be valued in his work and watching the videos of his theraputic technique (as well as those of Carl Rogers, whose approach was far less direct than Fritz could be in waking people up). It is interesting that they conclaved at Esalen in Big Sur with Barry Stevens and others. There group conclusion was; "We are all here to do our own work."

Geoff, Bradshaw took a lot of his theories from the 12 Steps, amongst others. Unfortunately, he, like all of us, had difficulty practicing what he preached.

In conclusion, Jeanne and Al, i'm very sure that with all the Prayer for Divine Love and the practice and application in action of the other spiritual principles in your life that you were guided to have brought you to a place of Eldership in facilitation of others growth, which we have been advised in the Messages, and which i have no doubt that you are aware of, is of great responsibility.

With much love and support in the Christ Spirit,
brother dave k.
JocknBen
New Friend

Post by JocknBen »

Al,

We appreciated reading your frank account of your odyssey.

We understand you will soon be reaching the 60 year milestone. We have always liked what Confucius said:

At 15 I set my heart on learning
At 30 I was well established
At 40 I had no more doubts
At 50 I began to glimpse the Will of Heaven
At 60 I was ready to listen.
At 70, I could follow my heart's desire and never once cut across the grain of the flow of the universe.

We celebrate with you and Jeanne.

Happy 60 and many years of listening to come!

Love,

Jock and Ben
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

What a surprise and delight to hear from you two. Your healing gifts and wise teachings have indeed been a saving grace for Jeanne and I and I am so happy that we have had both of you in our lives . You are always welcome here even if you are just observing our journey. Would love to hear more from you about what has been happening in your lives and any wisdom you have to share.
So you let the cat out of the bag about my upcoming 60th. :mrgreen: . Now everyone knows that I'm just a raving old guy looking for attention. ;)
Bless you on your journey dear and honored friends.........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.