Old posts that you may like

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

Old posts that you may like

Post by AlFike »

Hi everyone. Still having a great time in Australia. Still haven't been turfed out by Geoff although he is appalled at my eating habits and our lack of computer skills. We are learning under the wizzard of Oz's guidance.
Here are a few old posts I put up at the Truth for all People site over a year ago. Hope you enjoy them and please feel free to comment. Much love......Al

2011/03/25 04:46
The pathetic tree

I would like to share an experience I had many years back when I was in my twenties and new to the Divine Pathway.Maybe this little lesson will help some of you that struggle with the challenges that walking the Divine Pathway can present.
I was fortunate to have chosen my career as a landscape gardener at a young age. I am still engaged in this profession in my late 50's and have never regretted this choice since it affords me alot of time on my own to contemplate and pray while I work.
One day while working in an elderly ladies garden I came across a dwarf holly tree tucked in the bottom of the garden . It was barely visible amongst the other shrubs and flowers but I thought it had potential as a bonsaied ( or properly defined as a topiared) tree.. It was no more than 18 inches tall and a little scraggly. I was sure I could work my magic on this little orphan so I went about pruning and shaping in a way that even Edward Scissorhands would be proud.
When I was finished it had a tuft of branches flowing to the right then another to the left, a few minor branches in between. All topped off with a conical tuft on the top.
I was so pleased with my handiwork that I dug the little tree up and placed it in a more prominent place in the garden.After planting it I stood back and let my eyes feast on my creation. While doing so , I felt an angel come close with that unmistakable quality of love that they bring with them when they make a connection with us mere mortals. I thought "I'm alone here so I might as well allow this angel to overshadow me" .So I did. It was Augustine ( Bishop of Hippo while on earth). This is what he said to me:

THIS IS PATHETIC ! HOW COULD YOU VIOLATE THIS CREATION OF GOD AS YOU HAVE DONE? AND SO YOU DO THE SAME TO YOURSELF BY SUPPRESSING SO MUCH OF WHAT GOD CREATED YOU TO BE AND ONLY ALLOWING THOSE PARTS TO SHINE THROUGH THAT YOU FEEL ARE WORTHY OF ACCEPTANCE BY THOSE AROUND YOU . SO YOU ARE LIKE THIS TREE, DISTORTED AND UNNATURAL.
IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO BRING FORTH ALL THE BEAUTY AND UNIQUE QUALITIES THAT GOD HAS ENDOWED YOU WITH. YOU MUST BE LIKE THIS TREE IN ALL ITS FULLNESS. ( AND HE GAVE ME A VISION OF THE TREE RICHLY GREEN AND FULL BRANCHED IN A PYRMIDAL FORM WHICH IS ITS NATURAL STRUCTURE AND TEXTURE...VERY LOVELY INDEED).
IT IS TIME TO BE TRUE TO YOURSELF MY SON AND NOT ABIDE BY WHAT YOU THINK OTHERS WANT OF YOU. YOU ARE A CREATION OF THE FATHER AND LOVED FOR THE BEAUTIFULL AND UNIQUE CREATION THAT YOU ARE. THERE ARE SO MANY LOST SOULS IN THE WORLD THAT DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE FATHER'S LOVE AND ARE INDEED DISTORTED BY THEIR LIFE'S EXPERIENCES. YOU NEED TO LET THE SCALES FALL FROM YOUR EYES AND BE WHO YOU WERE CREATED TO BE. BE AN EXAMPLE FOR THOSE AROUND YOU, MY SON, AND BE IN THE LIGHT OF GOD'S GRACE. GOD BLESS YOU, I AM AUGUSTINE.
I was stunned. Thinking that I would get the loving nurturing embrace that I had come to expect from my angel friends I instead was confronted by my own weak nature that would do whatever it takes to be accepted and loved by others. I thought this must be a lower spirit to be so ( in my mind) unloving and critical. In retrospect , Augustine told me exactly what I needed to hear and was as loving as he could be .
I have never forgotten this incident from so long ago and yes, in my maturity, I am much more true to myself and try to be authentic in my everyday exspressions and hopefully a channel of God's love.I certainly don't topiary trees any more although hedging is pretty hard to circumvent. I like the natural look much more.
Incedently, the lady whose garden I was working in insisted that I move the tree back to its original spot. She said that she never liked the tree and certainly didn't like what I did to it and that it was a gift so she had to have it some where. So better out of her sight.Lesson learned all around.

I realize now that love is not just being nice and saying what people want to hear. It is also telling the truth in a way that others can hear and accept or not. If that means that you are unpopular as a result, then we always have the Heavenly Father and His angels to turn to for support. If we are to be effective channels of God's love then we need to stand on the side of truth, even if it is unpopular. The truth shall truely set us free. May God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Old posts that you may like

Post by AlFike »

Here is another old post:The Calling

I would like to add to how I came to commit to the Divine Pathway as described in "A Brief History" in another thread. After leaving the Johrai group, I dove in feet first into the world of spirit communication, healing and the practice of praying for and receiving the Divine Love from God. I had to reconcile that God's Love was not already a part of me but rather an external energy that I could possess in my soul only if I were open to receiving it from God through prayer and soul longing.

I did not really know what "soul longing" was but I did feel something rising up from my center that felt like excitement and joy. This must be the soul. In some ways it felt like jumping off a cliff and, yet, I also felt like I was coming home. Yes, home into the loving arms of the Creator. Indeed, it felt akin to falling in love.

I was indeed besotted with the Love of the Creator and each day felt like what I then described as "God's credit card." A seemingly never-ending flow of Love coming my way and I did not do anything special to deserve it other than take time to pray for it. The cascade of Love kept coming and coming and I felt so high it was like being stoned on Love.

This honeymoon period did not last, however, as I was human and fell into those conditions that would pull me away from this glorious Love. I was only twenty at the time and, yes, the desires of the flesh are strong at that age. Let's just say I didn't miss out on anything in my youth. My friend and mentor, Barbara, would always be there to help pick me up, another blessing on God's credit card. I was high maintenance for a few years while I matured and had many ups and downs.

At one point I felt very close to spirit and they would talk to me as if they were here on earth. I know this could be disorienting for most people but it seemed to flow harmoniously for me and I had no trouble telling the difference between the spiritual and material worlds.

One day I was told to go to a favorite place of mine on top of a hill in the city. It was an old quarry turned into a botanical garden. At the top was a geodesic dome that was filled with tropical plants and flowers. A lovely warm and humid retreat from the often damp and cold weather of Vancouver. While walking around this tropical world, a spirit told me to go sit on a bench nestled in amongst the foliage and start to pray. I sat down. The place was almost deserted so I was pretty sure I would not be interrupted in my prayers so I settled in.

While praying, I felt engulfed by a beautiful presence. It started with a rainbow of lights, each hue washing over me one at a time. The colours intense and crackling with energy. Then there was a golden light with such intensity that I could hardly look at it. It was Jesus. I could only see him from the shoulders up and it was difficult to look directly at him. He was smiling and looking lovingly at me. This is what he said:

God bless you my son. I am Jesus and you are my brother as I am my Father's eldest son and you are my disciple. The beauty you see around you is but a shadow of what lies in Heaven, my son, and you will do great things in this world and bring many souls to the Father's Love. There is much work for you to do, but you must pray fervently for the Father's Love to enter your soul. The work awaits you, but now you must prepare before you go forth in my name and remember have humility, because all these blessings come from God not from you. May God bless you deeply with His Love.

As he left, he gave me a vision. I was a mature man, possibly in my 60's and in my vision I saw myself on a dias in a church that I knew was in a foreign country. I was speaking to a packed house. It was a large but not ornate church so there must have been at least a few hundred people there. I was not nervous up there and spoke with confidence and ease in English. I must admit that while I was experiencing this vision, I was also experiencing the horror of seeing myself as an "old" man: pot bellied and balding grey hair. A shocker to my thin youthful self. Ego, ego.

While I was talking, above me formed a light; then it became a person. It was Jesus and he stood in all his glory just above my head. His body shimmered and was somewhat transparent. While standing there he had his right hand clasped together and then he opened it and a flash of light came from his palm and filled the room almost like a camera light but brighter. Everyone in the church gasped. Some started to cry. I looked up not knowing where the flash had come from; the image of Jesus dissolved, and the vision ended.

I was back on the garden bench. I was filled with a rapturous excitement and joy. I had, indeed, received my calling and what a beautiful way to do so.

That was many years ago but I can still recall this extraordinary experience to the last detail. Whenever I feel discouraged about my spiritual work and life, my guides always say to me to remember my vision. I remember how enthusiastic I was at the time to get going right now to spread the word of the Divine Love. I may have been charged with energy and enthusiasm but I was woefully naive and ill equipped to deal with the cynical world. Even some of my friends on the Divine Path thought I was delusional and did not believe I had this vision. They thought I had a Jesus complex.

I don't know if this vision will some day come true but it was, indeed, a gift to this innocent young man with a fire in his soul. Jesus lifted me to a higher plain of thinking about the possibilities of being a channel for God's Love and I do believe these possibilities and potentials are only limited by our ability to have faith in this work and pray for the Love. I was told at another time by my guide that I would go through many trials and tribulations before I am to realise my purpose. Yes, life has thrown my way many trials and tribulations. Many of my own making but this is what strengthens us and helps us to grow.
There have been many, many blessings as well.

I am always ready to take up the torch of working for the Master and maybe my time has come or maybe there is more learning to go through. Here but for the grace of God go I. May God's Love find a constant inflowing into your souls. Your brother....Al
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

More grist for the mill:

Re:What is Truth?

Truth is both easily found and very illusive. Our minds create whatever reality we need in order to survive a world fraught with distractions and illusions. As Alberto said, we need to go beyond the mental faculties to find truth. God has given us so much more than our intellectual faculties to discern reality. The soul mind and faculties have a far greater capacity to understand the universe because through these aspects of ourselves we are able to communicate directly with God. The creator is able to impart all the truths to us since He created everything. First we must awaken the soul through the Law of Divine Love. That is receiving the essence of God into our souls. This essence is the power source so to speak that lights up the soul and opens up the ability to understand truth clearly and unequivocally. There then is no doubt about what is true and what is not.

We are also gifted with discernment so that the material mind (and all that has been programmed into it by others) does not interfere with these new awakenings. Without the Divine Love entering our soul through sincere prayer and longing we are reliant on our limited physical mind to discern the truth and what better way to find labyrinths of contradiction than to rely on this over valued piece of equipment. Important yes, for without it we are not functional but so many put all their efforts in this one faculty.

There is another, I believe, more powerful option but it requires us to put aside our egos and pride and to admit that we are powerless to find true meaning in our lives without including our creator's input. To forge a relationship with God requires faith and humility. These are two qualities that we are often told are the result of weakness and ignorance. I tell you that it takes a strong and sincere person to admit the truth that we are all weak and powerless in the true sense without the hand of God upon us. I would urge anyone who reads these threads and the messages received through James Padgett to put away your ego and your fears and pray to God for the opening of your souls to the inflowing of His Divine Love. You might be most pleasantly surprised at what you would find because the truth is just beyond your doubts and fears. Take a risk and start praying to God who sees you as a jewel beyond price. May God bless you abundantly ........Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote:2011/03/25 04:46
The pathetic tree
Dear Al,

I liked this a lot. I liked it because it is apt, and an unexpected turn of events.

hugs
Geoff
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Thank you Al!
Zack
Family

Post by Zack »

Now there's something to think about! Thanks Al, it's quite interesting... :) Love, Zack
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Al, I enjoyed your "old posts" and thank you for re-posting them. The post about your early years rang a bell and I then remembered I read about you in the "Divine Love For The Soul" book. I purchased it several months prior to joining this forum so I knew of you before we "formally met"! (i just forgot !? ) Reading others' experiences is so helpful and I take great enjoyment from it. So thank you again! Love, Kristy
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes Kristy, my infamy preceeds me. Thanks for your appreciation of these writings and thanks to all those who have given feedback. I'll add more soon.
I hope you have read the latest messages posted in the Sanctuary forum. I think they are pretty significant. We're having a very dynamic and spiritual time down here with Geoff. There's lots to think about and maybe alot to do in the near future. God bless for now........Al
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

I was away on vacation and just returned .... yes, I am all caught up now and have read all the recent messages (and re-read them). They are indeed significant! and I know and feel that we are being called, even me the apprentice! When the time is right, you guys lead and I will follow ....
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I wondered where you were and missed your positive input. Hope you had a good vacation. Our's has been fabulous so far. Melbourne is a treat with comfortable temps and friendly people. Wine tasting in a beautiful valley yesterday and a long day on the Great Ocean Road tomorrow. Today a walk by the river and more sight seeing.
Thanks for reading the messages. Who knows, maybe we'll be following you ;) . God bless for now.....Al