I've started my book

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

I've started my book

Post by AlFike »

Yesterday I woke up with an idea how to start a book I've been meaning to write for some time now. A daunting task for this one finger, bad spelling and easily distracted individual. My intention is to write something that the average person may pick up out of curiosity. A sort of primer for Divine Love truths without sounding too religious or preachy. So far I'm calling it Road trip for the soul with the idea that the soul is a vehicle that can take you places. I'm the guide and we have Jesus and Padgett in the back seat. Sounds a bit hoakey, I know, but you have to start somewhere and it could all change by the end of it. I wrote 4 pages yesterday and hope to do the same today. Contributing to this site has given me good practice in writing so I had better do this while the iron is hot :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
I'll try to put some pages on this site to get your oppinions. Hope you are all having a blessed day. Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
brother dave k.
Family

Re: I've started my book

Post by brother dave k. »

Al, so very glad you have started! The Master told me in an automatic typing about 5 yrs ago that many would learn the truths and that their writings of their experiences would confirm the Truths of the Messages from Jesus and Celestials, the Divine Love and its power to Transform people and make them Supremely Happy human beings on Earth.

love ya brother,

brother dave k.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Dave, I'm glad to hear from you my friend and I am glad that you can confirm for me that I am doing the right thing. It seems to be going well so far and I am having no trouble expressing myself. I just hope that others will find what I have to write interresting enough to read it. There is so much material to cover that I wonder how many years it will take to finnish. I suppose I will have to be a little more disciplined as to where I am going with this tome. Also I need to do a little more research about James Padgett and his personal experiences when he started to receive the messages. I think to portray him from a human perspective gives him and the truths more credibility.
My goal is to bring it all down to something the average Joe can relate to. Less preaching and possibly more humour without compromising the truth. A tall order, I know since so many of the messages that were given are very formal and serious in tone and tenure. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again for the support. Much love.......Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al,

I think every effort has great value. Even if you don't publish it, in my experience you will find it helps greatly to organise one's thoughts.

I deleted a duplicated thread.

hugs
Geoff
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Al, my brother!

I am so happy with this news! Go for it brother ... write, write write. It is catchy, I guarantee it. I started writing my books (now numbering 30 plus) with a story of my life. I have had good reviews of the book but very few sales. The important thing for me is that it was my start.

I love your basic idea -- keeping it simple and plain for the "average Joe" (Hey! That's me!). :lol:

Don't worry too much now how the tale goes. Just keep the flow going. And ask your sweet guides to assist you. They love to do this, especially if in their earth life they were writers. Honestly, they have helped me innumerable times.

About James Padgett, my personal opinion is to read the messages in the order of date he received them -- then you will have a better picture of his personal story. I dug up some of his personal life by studying old census records.

Well, I must say that I am delighted with this news

Love and a hug,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Joseph for your support and loving encouragement. I will write as much as I am able. I had two days at our home on the coast with no interruptions. Now she who must be obeyed is here so I'm sure there will be little time to spare unless I get up at an ungodly hour. Even then she seems to be up before me on line and working. No rest for the wicked I suppose ;) . I think the time between Christmas and New Years will be my window of opportunity. Wish me luck. By the way, do you have anything you can share about Padgetts life and story that I could include in my book? There does not seem to be much on a personal level about him. Geoff alludes to a diary but not sure if it is public. Thanks again brother and fellow writer. God bless you. Much love.......Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote:Geoff alludes to a diary but not sure if it is public. Thanks again brother and fellow writer. God bless you. Much love.......Al
HMm, its VERY public. Its how we know most of of the dates.

http://new-birth.net/tablet.htm

I suggest you read this page:

http://new-birth.net/misc/james_e_padgett.htm

On there is a link to a lot that Joseph supplied.

hugs
Geoff
Zack
Family

Post by Zack »

What a charming idea, Al. Looking forward to hearing more of it as it progresses. I've been thinking of writing something myself but haven't gotten there yet because of other projects. I am also encouraged by Dave's comment, so thanks for that!

Godspeed on the project and others' as well... Love, Zack :)
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Well, its two years later almost to the day and the book still remains in its infancy. Much has happened in those two years and my thinking has changed about the focus of the book as well. I'm now writing a sort of history of the Divine Love messages given to Padgett. Incorporating his story and the meat of the truths given through his mediumship. My focus is still to capture the average seeker. My thoughts on how to do this have changed considerably. I've written James's history so far and it is indeed flowing. Even Jeanne, who is my most honest critic ,likes what I have done to date. I want to thank Dennis for sharing his extensive research on the Padgetts. This was invaluable. I'm excited and eager to continue. January is the darkest coldest month here and this will encourage me to hunker down and get to work. Wish me luck :) . May the angels guide my hand and thoughts. I'm so glad that now in retirement I have the opportunity to focus on such a project. I'll keep you all informed. Much love.......Al
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Dear Al

Wonderful !! May you be surrounded by God's loving Angels to assist you in this task of writing the book. I can see you sitting by the warming fireplace writing away with the warmth of His Love in your heart, as the cold darkness and maybe some snow forms a blanket of stillness and peace outside. Blessings to you and Jeanne as we enter that time of year where the hustle and bustle of the season wants us to retreat to the comfort and peace of our homes, our families, our hearts, our souls......reflecting on yet another year of so many blessings. Thank you both for the blessings of your love for us all, your family here and around the world.

Soul hugs, Helge .