I've started my book

A forum for Al to post his musings
Joseph
Family

Re: I've started my book

Post by Joseph »

Hi Al,

Even if you use all 10 fingers (which I don't) only one finger at a time hits the key board. "Keep on keeping on" and you will arrive at your destination.

I am so happy to hear the news that you are doing this. A cup of hot coffee or hot tea at your side, and the keyboard and screen in front of you, and angel friends around you, you are set to go. Blessings are set in motion, and we the future readers await the result.

With love and a hug,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Maureen
Site Admin

Post by Maureen »

Dear Al,

Always and always with the guidance of soul these meaningful adventures come into fruition! I'm here cheering you on and continuing to pray for the journey!

Big Hug !
Maureen
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

It has been almost four years since I started this thread and although I'm sure that many of you have forgotten all about my ambitions to write, I have been busy doing just that. I am a very distracted writer. I try to write something every day but as far as book writing, it has been a very slow and often an interrupted effort. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since this first attempt. I've grown a lot since Dec. 2012 and my perspectives have shifted in many ways. I was a little more conservative back then regarding spiritual perspectives. I was more in my head than my heart in many ways as well. We have met many more people, travelled around the world with the purpose of sharing the truths of God's Love and attended several DL retreats. All of these experiences have contributed to the evolution of the perspective of both my mind and my soul. In retirement I assumed wrongly that the time would open up for my writing. I have learned that you have to make time rather than wait for it to appear. My distractible self is always diverting the flow elsewhere. I've always thought of myself as a fairly disciplined person but obviously this has not been the case in my writing. My life is rich with prospects and projects. My garden calls me to begin yet another addition to enhance its beauty. My pottery studio pulls at my creative urges. The day suggests that I go for a walk in the forest. Tomorrow a friend will drop by for a chat or someone will come for a weekend visit. This forum takes some of my time as do emails from friends from around the world. I like organic flow over rigid schedules so my preference is to follow my instincts over giving the shoulds in my head precedence. Every day is pregnant with choices and I wonder how people get bored as there are so many options and things to do. I rest more than I used to. This takes up time too. Jeanne and I now pray for an hour every day, we start off each day going to our respective computers and seeing what is up with our friends and networks. I love this so called retirement which is more a shift of meaningful activities rather than a curtailment of my career. This work doesn't pay as well but it sure is a lot more fun :) .

After a variety of attempts at writing 'The Book', I believe that I am well on my way to getting it done. I think that I am about one third to half way done. It is unedited so far as this probably needs to come later. So that might mean rewrites in some areas or maybe every area. Rather than me writing everything, I am now quoting messages from spirit taken from Padgett and contemporary sources ( mine included).This change of focus came from Padgett himself no less. He gave Jeanne Helge and myself the following guidance :

Spirit: James Padgett (Personal Message: Instructions on Book 1)
Medium: Al Fike
Date: March 26, 2016

God bless you, it is your brother and friend James Padgett here.
We are about to embark upon an effort to collate and bring together various contemporary messages that will complement the messages that I received when I was on Earth to bring greater clarity and language that is more easily understood by all of you in this day and age. And this is not intended to replace the volumes which have been produced through my efforts…the efforts of the angels. No, I know there are some who would prefer to substitute this work for another work more readily understood, simpler in terms and language; and I suggest that this would be of error because if one has the patience and the perseverance to get past their biases regarding the language used, there are many, many Truths therein contained within these volumes – much to be learned. And it was a special time and a door opened by God’s blessing that this came through when it did through myself, a rather unsuspecting medium.
Yes, God works in many different ways, through many different individuals and there are thousands of messages received by these individuals from the angels and I would suggest that this instrument will contribute to that body of work and we will endeavor to bring forth further Truths and clear understandings through him. He must not entertain the thought that he is the only source for this. There will be others. And what is important for you, my dear and beloved friends, is to bring together a selection of these messages for publication so that there will indeed be a clear understanding in contemporary words and concepts, so that one who is unfamiliar with these ideas may read these messages and find the simple Truth in inspiring ways, unencumbered by language that is old and difficult and tiresome, but language that has about it an air of freshness and simplicity, direct and truthful. And you will be guided as to which messages you may put within this volume of work.
This is an important effort. It will be needed in the future and the True Gospel messages will be a substantive proof and collaboration of what you will publish. And for those who wish to go deeper and further into these Truths can refer to the original volumes.
Yes, there is no competition, or negation of work, or biases but merely an effort to complement and encourage and make it easier for those who are curious and have a desire within their souls to come to these Truths in a way that does not create frustrations and barriers but inspiration and a sense of truthfulness.
So, this is the root of our present efforts and it will take some time but already there is, as I have suggested, a substantive amount of work already accomplished in what has come through many mediums and it is important for you to recognize those messages that are pertinent and to collate them in a way that is harmonious and brings a flow of understanding to the minds of those who read them. And we will guide you in this effort, you will know, you will touch a page and you will feel this page is meant to be a part of this effort. You will hear a message and you will know that this message is meant to be a part of this effort.
Yes, there is much work to do in this regard and we do not desire to see a volume filled with hundreds of pages which would serve to bog down the reader in too much detail. No, this book is to be simple, direct, eloquent and unambiguous. And I know that many of those mediums who are a source of these materials will readily agree to participate in this effort. Keep an open mind, an open heart and most of all an open soul and God will guide you as to what you must do, the sources you must use, and the sequence in which these messages are to be published. Indeed, a preamble from one or all of you regarding this book and the purpose for it may be desirable.
And I would suggest that you begin, begin and do so in love and a desire to further the work of bringing the Truths of God’s Love to mankind and to consider those who may read this. Consider where they are coming from in their thoughts and their condition. This book is not meant to preach to the choir, it is meant to stimulate and arouse a curiosity and desire to pursue God’s Love and those who are seeking but not quite able to understand what it is that their souls’ desire.
Think of that soul that is eager to make connection with God and what is it in the minds of so many that prevent this, that suppress this, that is wary of the institutions and the wills of others who would have them believe this and believe that. You must direct those needy souls, those seeking souls to God, that personal relationship that you all know and wish to share. This is what is important.
And to bring this understanding in simple words, inspiring words, loving words, truthful words, is what is required. We have every faith that you will fulfill this task and it is not meant to be a burden, you are not meant to feel the pressure of this, this request, but to do so in love and in the flow of God’s Love, to feel the joy of it, to feel the unfolding, the beauty of God’s Will in this respect, the harmony of it all. And when you have the angels working with you and God’s Hand upon you, could it not be anything but harmonious? And I give you my encouragement to do so, to carry on this work. To bring a clear understanding to mankind of the Truths of God’s Love. You cannot offend others by bringing Truth, clearly and simply, with humility and love, in fact you bring a gift to mankind.
So, this is our request, our guidance to you. It is indeed specific and it is indeed an answer to your prayers asking, “How can I further the Truths of God’s Love in this world? How may I be used to do so?” And this is one aspect of how you can indeed bring these Truths more openly to the world. Continue in your prayers, creating your circles and Centers of Light, opening your souls to God each day, seeking His inspiration and guidance, knowing that you are indeed upon the right path. And as you walk, your pace will increase and increase, the walk will become a run, a run to Light, getting closer to God each step, swiftly, flowing into that Light, releasing all those burdens upon your path, gaining greater clarity both within your souls and your minds, so that you will, indeed, with each day know without a doubt what you are meant to do each day, serving God, bringing the Light, bringing the Truth, bringing the Love.
God bless you, my fellow travelers upon the Path Divine. My beautiful and competent fellow workers of Truth. God bless you, your friend James Padgett is ever willing to assist you in these great efforts and upon this Path of the unfolding plan that God has for the salvation of mankind. God bless you, beloveds, I love you. I love you dearly and I am with you in all your efforts. My heart grows full with what you have accomplished and what you will accomplish in your lives. God bless you, God bless you.

Now I know that this gets me in hot water with what I call the 'Padgett' fundamentalists. Their perspective is that there is no need for any other communications from the angels because they have spoken clearly and unequivocally through Padgett and he is the definitive and only necessary source of these truths. All other communications lack the authority or the veracity that is evident in Padgett's work. On one level I agree with this. Padgett is the go to publication which explains a great deal of the truths which we need to understand. The problem is that the language and the concepts communicated in the volumes are hard to read for many folks and very dense in its facts and intention to share the truths. I love Padgett. I've read his works many times over the years. My grounding of the truths has come in this way and I think that I will never forget much of what has been said. I also love the Judas Iscariot book. This book gives a grounded and more contemporary perspective. In my mind it compliments and does not contradict Padgett. It's language is much easier to read and Judas gives us much enlightened and informed commentary about modern life. It is a book for the times and engages me thoroughly.

As for my own efforts, I think that I had it right in the beginning. There is a need to write a primer on Divine Love in plain and simple language. As Padgett says in this message, those who are drawn by the introductory book can go further with his works. They become stepping stones towards real truth which in essence is wordless within the soul. I believe that every attempt to communicate to others the fundamental truth that God Loves all of us and wants us to receive this Love into our souls will be blessed by the angels as long as our motivations are pure. Engaging in service in whatever way that uses our gifts and is within the flow of God's Will is a very crucial step in this work. I love writing and believe that it is one of my gifts. Others can sing and can speak in inspiring and beautiful ways. Others are using their technical skills to communicate 'over the wires' as the Angels describe it and so on. Using these gifts as our expression of love for the Creator and our fellow human beings is what serving God is all about. So I will follow this guidance as best I can and renew my dedication to writing this book. My hope is that the angels will be close and that I can write something that may inspire some and is close to truth as I can get. May God bless the words which flow and may I be given the desire to make this a priority in my distracted life. Please pray that I do. Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Maureen
Site Admin

Post by Maureen »

Dear Al,

How wonderful you share with us the way in which your works have transpired and I for one am looking forward to its completion as I know there is wonderful value for those who are meant to read the book and will be drawn to it.

One thing I have learned along my path is that the work is never done, the way is always unfolding and the light is forever shining ... what all that means is .... there is not only one way for the world to find out about what has been termed in our language as "Divine Love" . What you are working on has deep meaning for those who will come to know what we know! All works have and hold importance and the effort which you are employing is no different :)

You are blessed and your work is rich with integrity with a will to follow God's Will, what more could be asked??

With love and anticipation for the publication!
With love,
Maureen
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

It is a pleasure to read this thread from its beginning 4 years ago to the present posts!
So confirming of what Maureen says "the way is always unfolding and the path is forever shining".
Al, I wish you joy in being of service in this important way; may the work flow easily through your partnership with Spirit and your love of our Father.
Blessings on all your efforts!
Love,
Terry
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Hi Al,

Great to read this! It's wonderful that you get such good guidance and inspiration. And it would be so good to have this "beginners book", if I may call it that way.

Maybe at some time my life will have changed to such extent that I have loads of time to translate and then I will dive into it full-power and make a German translation!

Love,
Arie
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you Maureen, Terry and Arie for your support and love. The book is progressing and comes in fits and starts. The biggest challenge is to find the right contemporary messages to compliment the writing. I have come to the conclusion that I need to divide the book into two parts. The first part will be my commentary only and the second part will primarily be what comes from spirit with some commentary. I was heart set on calling it 'Knocking on Heaven's Door....voices from the Angels" but this title is already taken. I believe that I'm about half way through now. As Padgett says, keep it short and simple. Another challenge for me :? :lol: .

PS: I hope that this book will be worthy of your translation skills Arie. Better not commit until you read it first ;) .
Endless journey,endless Love.
Pamela
Happy Camper

Post by Pamela »

I have been thinking of publishing a book too but after talking to a book company I find that it cost more then 3000 dollars to do. Does anyone know of book companies that charge cheaper to publish a book?
Pamela
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Pamela,
several of us on this forum and in the Divine Love community have self-published. It is not that hard these days if you are reasonably computer literate, and is quite economical as you can order copies only as you need them or as people order from you.
Love,
Eva
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Have a look at lulu.com!

Hugs,
Arie