How I got here

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

How I got here

Post by AlFike »

I have time this morning to muse some more and hope some of you will find this post of some interrest. In a recent post by Kathrine she talked about how Jeanne and I have opened up to the wider world in the past few years. Thanks to the internet this has happened quite quickly as we have met so many new friends on the Divine Pathway. An exciting time for us and this new phase of our lives has certainly prompted us to up our game to another level. Stepping forward in new ways and taking time to communicate with our newfound brothers and sisters has been fun and gratifying. It has also opened up new doors as some of you have taken the time and effort to come here to pray and do some spiritual work and as we have travelled to meet some of you.

This summer flew by as we hosted two gatherings of Dl followers from all over the world as well as numerous prayer sessions with our local DL community. If you had asked me a few years back that we would be doing God's work in this way, I would have balked at the thought. Being open to the influence of the angels and God's will can certainly bring some suprises and these connections to the wider world has added a dimension to our lives that can only be described as wonderful. To get to know so many in such a short time brings excitement and joy as each beautiful soul has shared something important and expanded our perceptions as to what it means to be on the Divine Path.

How we got here is a long story but suffice to say that typing in Divine Love into the google changed our lives. Also a few things opened up for me in my spiritual life in conjunction with this event. I opened up as a trance medium so that spirit could speak through me and I was encouraged to write down my thoughts about my spiritual life and perceptions. The doors of communication opened in tandem with my travels on the internet.It's interresting how things jump up to a different level in life as we are ready to accept and run with a different way of expressing our lives. There are often long stretches of what seems to be inactivity and then new things come our way that change everything. Passages in life I suppose.

I cannot count how many times I have prayed to be used as a channel of God's Love in the world and to be a change agent to bring light and healing here. Inevitably along with these prayers comes a set of expectations and speculations as to what that may look like. They usually include thoughts of events and experiences that feel good and gratify the ego. Or maybe sitting back in prayer, writing a few things on line and feeling comfortable if not enveloped in love and peace. I think God has different ideas, however, as to how He wants to use all of us willing channels. I cannot say that what we accomplished this summer with having our retreat and hosting the Padgett preservation work party reflected entirely my concept of being an instrument for God's will. To be honest, it was hard work and demanding on many levels. The fun part was meeting all of you. The hard part was meeting all of you. As a host there are many material details that must be attended to as well as a sense of responsibility that ensures that everything is running smoothly. In other words, it's a bit stessful. It is also easier to do this with friends that you know rather than hosting so many strangers. Exciting, yes, but a little trepidation slips in as well. Despite a few glitches, everything did go well and we were all carried by the angels. I know we did God's will by opening our hearts and our home to so many. It challanged us to use our gifts and express our love in a bigger way. We stretched and stepped forward in a way that expanded our inner and outer worlds accordingly.

We have been told that we are being used to help knit the wider Divine Love community together and I think this is happening. I know God wants all of us to coalese into a strong and functional community so that we can demonstrate to the wider world the true meaning of what it is to live in love and harmony together. Although bringing all of you together this summer had its challanges, it also demonstrated the power of Divine Love as it worked to break down barriers and forge new bonds between us. This accomplishment made any sacrifices on our part well worth the effort as we all benefited on many levels.

Our efforts brought us more blessings than we can count and our willingness opened many doors . So I want to encourage all of you to pray to be prompted. To stretch yourselves and be willing to go where your guidance leads you even if it may not fit your ideas as to what being a channel of God's Love is. Our view from down here is so limited and we need to be led around in order to be effective on a spiritual level. It took many years for me to realize that being used in this way does involve taking some risks that are different from being foolish and ego driven. These risks involve letting go of control and mental constructs of what you think you should be in the context of being God's instrument. To be in the flow of God's Love also entails stepping aside to a certain extent so that this Love can flow uninhibited or tainted by our own expectations. I know so much is waiting for us if we can do this small thing of walking in faith and innocense.

Yes, Jeanne and I have been praying to be used as channels of God's Love for many years and we have had our trials and tribulations along with untold blessings. We have been tested and in this process have become strong and resiliant. We are ready and for the most part willing. How many want to join us in this wave of effort to bring Divine Love to the wider world? I'm sure there will never be a dull moment ;) . Open your minds, open your hearts and open your souls and God will do the rest. May God bless us all on our journeys. Your brother and friend......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Re: How I got here

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al,

Yes the trepidation has been evident from time to time. Lol. But it's been a blast from my side. Of course I just had to turn up. I am sure more fun things lie ahead. Like you I am sure we are meant to build a community, something that has not been evident in the past.

Love,
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I've just reread this post from a while back and it caused me to reflect on the past several months and to feel deep gratitude for the steps that we have all made so far. Since this post we have travelled to Australia and met fellow DL followers there. We have hosted many prayer circles in our home and they continue to grow as an average of 15 to 20 people attend each time. The conditions of Love , peace and healing are palpable. Very few who come for the first time decide not to return as everyone is aware one way or another that something is happening there. What a blessing for us to have these sacred times in our home.

We are also blessed with fellow DL'ers travelling from far off places to be with us. We will be hosting dear souls from Denmark, Namibia, New York state and southern California in the next while and we are very excited to be with such beautiful and commited souls. As I stated in my previous post, God has plans for all of us and this knitting together and connection continues as we are open to His will. And when you open in this way, compliance and letting go becomes an easy flow of loving acts. The tricky part is letting go of the minds inevitable judgements and fears. That nuisance will probably be with us until the end but as we receive more of the Love, we listen less to that part of ourselves and more to the God centered part.

We have also established our Divine Love Foundation, another suprise and blessing as we are now incorporated and close to getting tax status. The generous commitment of time and funds from some of our local DL followers and Geoff in Australia has made this possible.Thanks to an invite from Tim O'Higgin's , we are now planning a retreat in England and Ireland as our foundation outreach and purpose will be exspressed in this way. All those reading this who are willing to attend from October 4th to 7th in Manchester England are welcome. The more of us that can be in attendance I believe will build a great spiritual light for the angels to utilize in the world.We will be posting venue details etc. as they are finalized . Another exciting prospect and guided act of Love.

The act of all of us praying and coalescing as a movement seems to be the theme for 2013 and this is happening in surprising ways. What is around the corner? Who knows as we are flying by the seat of our pants and going with the flow of God's will. Jeanne and I have one more year to fulfill in our day job commitments in order to be be eligible for our pensions. After that, we are fully and whole heartedly commited to doing this work. I'm sure this will manifest on many fronts as we need to reach out in so many ways in order to bring this simple message of God's Love to the world. I sincerely hope that many of you will join us in this cause as we need to band together in strength and commitment in order to be effective.

I am amazed that God would even use me to these ends because, believe me, I have no special gifts or talents that would make me stand out in a crowd. If anything, I am a thouroughly average guy in stature and personality. I always thought that in order to bring these truths forward, God would need a dynamic and charismatic person in order to sway the people. This, I am certainly not :( . My soft spoken demeanor would not bring much attention from anyone. My wife Jeanne has more of this hutzpah and maybe she will be our shining light or possibly one of you reading this? At any rate, we need to get out there and be channels of the Love and perveyors of the truths that we know. We are all challenged and entrusted to do so.

Well this is beginning to sound like a news letter and maybe it serves the purpose as such. I want to thank all of you who have joined the Sanctuary site in the past few months and appreciate all your contributions. The more conversations we are having, the better. I am presently working on a word press site in order to have more presence on the web and with Dennis's help, I hope we can present something beautiful and worthy of the gift and message of Divine Love . Never a dull moment. I will sign off for now. With love.......Al
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Al,
I resonate with your thoughts to the effect that sometimes we are led in ways we wouldn't have dreamed of a year or two ago and God can do amazing things with us and through us -- if we make ourselves available and willing to follow as he leads. Things can unfold at an almost dizzying speed -- and yet it may not feel uncomfortable, but rather a natural, beautiful, gentle, but irresistible drawing. That's been my experience at least -- and I am wondering what this coming year has in store.
Love and blessings, Eva
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you Eva for turning my attention to this thread. Yes, life is full of surprises and joyfully so. I certainly could not have planned the events which have unfolded in these past few years. The people we have met and the places that we have gone to astound me and we continue on this journey in God's Grace and guidance. I think that 2015 will be equally as dynamic and full of surprises. We are about to embark on a junket that takes us to Los Angeles, Tampa Florida, New York twice and Namibia Africa. We will be praying with different folks in these 'hot spots' on the globe. Anyone who wishes to join us while we are there, please PM Jeanne or I for details. This will be happening from Feb. 12th to March 30th. We are also finalizing our plans for a retreat here on the west coast of Canada for late August this year. More details are coming soon on this site so please stay tuned. I know that several people from Australia are planning on coming here Eva. I would certainly love to meet you and your husband in our part of the world :) .

I was laughing a bit about my self deprecating comments regarding my bland personality. This is as much cultural as anything as most Canadians are like that. I am somewhat soft spoken and shy. Getting up in front of a crowd is not my thing yet I am sometimes prompted to do so. This forum often gives me courage since I am sitting in my home and able to concentrate on what I want to say. An individual who is on this forum once said to me after meeting me in person that I appeared nothing like they imagined and they were a bit surprised by my quiet personality. Yet there is that spiritual warrior in there often latent and hidden but it does come out and the fire is present. I think that all of the experiences which I have had lately are bringing this part of me forward. Divine Love helps too :lol: . I also believe now that we are all encouraged to be leaders and examples in our own right in order to spread the truth of God's Love. No one person will fulfill this mandate but many of us need to band together in leadership and co-operation. That's why we are travelling and engaging in prayer together as well as encouraging folks to communicate here. We are all brothers and sisters here.

Thank you again Eva for your participation on this forum. Your comments are insightful and brimming with a passion for the truth. Your contributions and efforts to wade through all the threads here are a gift to me and others as you bring our attentions to these past comments and contributions. It's fun to be able to review them. Much love and appreciation dear sister......Al
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thank you for your sharing, Al. I relate to your shy, quiet personality and a powerful gift of writing which you have. I am much like that too -- it is much easier to express thoughts on paper or computer from the safety of home that one can think through first -- than spontaneously in front of people! :)

As far as Canada -- would be lovely of course, just have to see how I am led. But I am sure it will clarify in due time.
Much love,
Eva
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

i would like to remind you that there was indeed a community of Divine Love humans. It was a rather large community at that, and had efforts and outreaches in several different cities. When i came in contact with the At-Onement Affinity community in Santa Cruz, CA in 1976, there were in excess of 125 participants, and often at sunday services we had 60 to 80 people attending. There were a constant daily spiritual development activities including, but not limited to, Study groups on the Messages from Jesus and the Celestials, healing ... including soul, mind and body philosophies and techniques. Many lived together in "family houses or homes". Music and art were also often present. Discussions on the messages and soul development. Daily prayer groups. i could go on but i will not belabor it. .....................................

dave
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Dave for reminding us about this time in Santa Cruz. I met George and Caroline Stokes back in the eighties here in Vancouver. They were a trip and very enthusiastic about promoting Divine Love. They even offered to build a church up here . Nothing came of it as we really didn't see eye to eye. As with today, we all seem to have our ideas and methods of communicating these truths. It was ever thus eh Dave :lol: . Nice to hear from you in this new year. I hope that you will continue to comment on those conversations which interest you here. Much love.......Al
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Ones,

Like Eva, I am re-reading threads to catch up on current conversations on the forum. In doing so, I am realizing how this forum serves much like a "journal", allowing me to see how conversations and understandings have grown over time. With the "historical" over view these threads give me, I can also see how my own perceptions of many things have evolved and changed over time.

In this thread, I particularly value Dave's reminder to us that "Divine Love community" is not new to the world, though it may feel new to some of us freshly embarking on a conscious effort to contribute to the creation of a strong world wide DL community. I feel it is imperative that we familiarize ourselves with events of the past and learn from them. I also feel it is imperative for us to bring to our efforts a humility that honors what went before, that honors what others are now doing, knowing beyond a doubt that everyone of us willing to serve our Creator is being guided to fulfill our role in bringing the Love more fully into the world. And that all of this is happening in Divine Order, according to God's timing and grace, for only our Creator knows all and can guide us in perfect harmony.

So, I thank you Dave, for what you shared about the very active, vital community in Santa Cruz. and as I thank you, I feel gratitude for the many others I am aware of who have served and continue to serve in a myriad of ways (Dave Lampron, Elizabeth Morana, her elder friend Joceyln to name just a few), so many who quietly serve our Father and keep the flame of His Love alive.

Perhaps someone has already written a history of DL community building efforts? Maybe Geoff? At present, my time for searching. reading and learning is limited and I myself cannot investigate this. But I am now able to visit the forum consistently, so perhaps those who have knowledge of this can share here? For example, I would appreciate learning from first hand accounts what impact the Santa Cruz community had on people and what factors led to its dissolution.

I am sure we can learn a lot both from the strengths of that community and its shortcomings so we can build on the positives and refrain from duplicating errors of the past.

With love,
Terry xxxooo
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Just as I posted my previous comments, I realized that I was addressing another way of understanding the topic "how I got here". Rather than approaching it from the personal perspective Al was using, I was thinking of it in terms of the much bigger picture of all the contributions and efforts made by a myriad of people over time; those contributions are very much part of how "I got here" and how Al and every one of us, "got here", wherever "here" is for us individually. None of us "got here" without the seen and unseen efforts of multiple beings, both spiritual and human. To all of them, I feel grateful, humbled and held in the fabric being woven by, and in, Love. For it is a huge fabric, in which each of us is a thread, interconnected with all others, with the Great Weaver at the loom. Our individual stories of "how we got here" are inspirational and motivating, and to my understanding, they are inseparable from the collective story, and no one story is more or less significant than another. Which is why hearing individual stories always links me in gratitude to the Co-Creator of those stories, our Father, and reminds me of this tapestry that we are called upon to help weave in Love.
Terry xxxooo