My views on Covid 19 and how it relates to earth changes

This forum is for all other topics
Michael7070
New Friend

Re: My views on Covid 19 and how it relates to earth changes

Post by Michael7070 »

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I greatly appreciate them. I hear what you’re saying. I’ve never much cared for our 2 party political system and I feel it really divides the country. Many times I feel it’s a “lesser of two evils” choice like you touched upon. You mentioned that we might not have an election this year. Oddly, I’ve been hearing that message in my prayers since around June. Maybe my mind is going crazy with everything going on in America but I keep hearing that it won’t be Trump or Biden and America won’t have true leadership. I keep hearing that over time true spiritual leaders will emerge. These “leaders” will be regular folks who promote love and kindness and truly want to serve others.

Whatever ever happens in the near future it will certainly be interesting. Stay safe friends.

Much love,
Mike
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Michael7070 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:03 pm Hi Joe,

I keep hearing that over time true spiritual leaders will emerge. These “leaders” will be regular folks who promote love and kindness and truly want to serve others.
Yes but this will never happen from within the political system. Which is why that has to collapse first. The political system is NASTY. In every country.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

I too am concerned about some of the possible scenarios expressed in this thread. Even though I don't live in the US, the election outcome will have effects on the entire world.

I'd like to share a few excerpts from a summary on my website based on a book by Gregg Braden which ties in with the powerful results our individual and collective prayers can have. The page is http://universal-spirituality.net/law-o ... of-prayer/ for those who'd like to read the whole context. It confirms that through our prayers as well as the resultant Lattice of Light, we can powerfully contribute to making the world a better place and to help turn around the prevailing negative conditions.

Here are the quotes:
The power of prayer in the case of mass prayers or meditation has now been documented beyond doubt. There are incidents where the circumstances heading for a tragic outcome and loss of life unexpectedly shifted. This shift was found to be coincident with the coordinated effort of individuals and groups in prayer. Western science has now validated that, at least to a degree, our outer world of atoms and elements mirrors our inner world of thoughts and emotions. Could creating peace and cooperation in our world be as simple as joining in unified prayers for the same? ...

It has been found that as little as 1% of a population practicing a unified form of peaceful prayer and meditation was enough to reduce crime rates, accidents and suicides in an area (Maharishi Effect) There has been a high correlation between the number of people in prayer and the quality of life in the immediate vicinity.

Prophets and sages have suggested that only 0.1% of a population working together in a unified effort may shift the consciousness of the whole world. If this is so, surprisingly few individuals may plant the seeds of great possibilities. In the world of 7 billion, 0.1% is only 7 million. Possibly even a square root of 1% or 100 people in a city of 1 million may make a difference to the entire world. This power of prayer could be the proverbial mustard seed that will eventually cover the world.

Another Bible verse takes on an interesting meaning and that is Matthew 24:21-22 which is a part of a longer prophetic passage and says: “For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.”

The passage talks about a time when it would be possible for all life to be annihilated. Soberingly, we live in such a time! However, the hellish days will be shortened “for the sake of the elect”. I believe the “elect” are those on a love path and include members of churches, New Age writers and their followers, those of other spiritual traditions, and whoever else that promotes a message of love, harmony, good will, and compassion. All of this has an impact in that it raises at least some people’s consciousness and that in turn counteracts the darkness of the world. These people will be the crucial 1% (or less) who will make the difference and be instrumental in bringing about the new, higher consciousness to the world where people will come to realize that greed and war are not the way to go. ...

Prayer transcends imposing our will on others by force and represents an opportunity to employ feeling to bring new possibilities to our existing situation. Both science and ancient philosophy remind us that there can be no “us” and “them”, only “we”. Prayer may appear as a passive act or secondary to “doing something”. Yet from the perspective offered by ancient traditions and supported by modern research, our ability to commune with the forces of the cosmos to choose our path through time and determine our course of future history may be the single most sophisticated and empowering force to grace the world. As we choose to honor life in our everyday world, we’ll witness the power of prayer through our choices to end war and render aggression obsolete.

Prayer is a concrete, measurable, and directive force in creation. It is the act of redefining the foundation of hate, ethnic violence and war. It has been shown that it is possible to mirror the peace in our hearts in the reality of our world by choosing the reality by feeling the outcome.
Joe
New Friend

Post by Joe »

That is very interesting eva. I believe but don't know that prayers around the world calmed or lessened the initial effect of covid-19. I think it was going to be worse but god lessened it. That could be wishful thinking but that's what I feel. Yes Mike I want a different choice than right or left. I want someone that puts the welfare and rights of the people as well as the environment first and everything else second basically but can't seem to find that guy. Haha..
JoeV
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thanks for your thoughts, Joe.
We may never know in this life what could have been worse -- be it Covid, a war that could have started, but didn't, a natural disaster that could have been far more deadly, a man-made disaster that could have been much more devastating, and so on. The point is that collective sincere prayers do make a difference and we as a community, together with others around the world, can help to lessen the suffering resulting from earth changes and all the other negative things that are happening.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I don't think anyone here could refute the truth of the power of prayer. Thanks Eva for reminding us of this . The conditions of the world are always in flux, therefore nothing is written in stone in regards to future events. The free will of humanity has a tremendous effect on our lives here. The only way we can foresee the future is through dissecting the trends in order to make a best guess as to outcomes. At least that is one level of prediction. God knows the future and will work towards harmony so that is another factor. The immutable laws of the universe are another factor as is the consciousness of the earth we call Gia. As mere mortals we can pray and act in accordance with our understanding of what is in harmony but are woefully inadaquet to understand all the dynamics of our world. Some get visions and spiritual insight but even these are subject to our limited capacity to see clearly. Its faith that carries us through life, especially when the going gets tough. Striving for alignment with God is our only recourse in an ever changing world. We may indeed get generalized understanding of future events but its the day by day guidance in prayer which will give depth to our understanding of the trends in our personal life. As for voting a certain way to ensure that life might return to a semblance of normalcy, I think that this is naive at best since there are far greater forces at work here. Though I don't mean to imply that its all a conspiracy, rather its about those other factors I've just mentioned. I would say that we all need to hold on tight because its going to be an interesting, if not rough, ride. Prayer, prayer and prayer my friends. That is the only consistent and reliable anchor right now and I do believe that prayers for our world has a stabilizing effect.
Endless journey,endless Love.
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

This is an interesting article that showed up on one of my other feeds this morning. I thought it was written recently, but it's actually from the early 1970s. The writer, John G Bennett, was a 'British scientist ... best known for his books on psychology and spirituality, particularly on the teachings of G. I. Gurdjieff.'

Here's how the article concludes (emphasis the writer's):
If the course of events is to be changed as I believe it will, and I am not a pessimist, not an alarmist about the situation; in fact I am more optimistic than almost anyone can be because I have complete conviction that there is a higher power working in human life at this time, with far greater wisdom and far greater resources than we have any notion of. But this confidence does not mean that I think that human beings can help and put the situation right. And as I have said over and over again in the past year or two, our task is, to my mind perfectly clear: to do everything we can to make ourselves into instruments for the higher wisdom channels through which this wisdom can flow, putting aside our worn wisdom, putting aside any belief in our own powers, to allow the higher power to work through us. Perhaps very wonderful things will happen.
For me, this prospect is one reason why I'm not overly obsessed with the US election that's coming up. I certainly have a preference, but I'm pretty much with Geoff ... I don't think God's plan involves our current political system.

That said, I am somewhat hoping that we will get to eek out a few more years of what for most of us is pretty comfortable living ... mostly because I don't feel ready for what's coming! But as Al says, it's time for "Prayer, prayer and prayer my friends."
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Post by karenjeanlyons »

This recent thread today is very interesting to me and feel we are all being guided. I felt very strong guidance today to start DAILY PRAYER MOVEMENT focused on asking God to remove hate, fear, and feelings of superiority of others from all people including the person praying. The guidance was to start a facebook page where people can join. There would be no commenting, just reminders every day to pray at a specific time that day. The idea is to have all these people praying together every day for the same thing at the same time. I don't know exactly how to make this happen so would love some people to partner with me. I had a related guidance a few weeks ago and contacted a group called Vote Common Good. They didn't want to sponsor it as they are focused on the election but said they would help to promote it. Maybe a specific prayer could be written. For example,fifteen minutes of silent prayer would be requested at around 8pm EST but the time is all flexible but should be the same time worldwide if possible. I am obviously mostly concerned with the USA but no doubt extremism, racism, fascism, nationalism is becoming a world wide sickness. Who wants to help me with this effort??
Michael7070
New Friend

Post by Michael7070 »

Hi Karen,

I really like your idea of a Facebook page dedicated to praying at a specific time each day. I haven’t done much with Facebook in several years but I would be willing to help out. I’ll look into this and see what I can come up with. Any other folks out there familiar with Facebook? I use Twitter and don’t have a lot of familiarity with Facebook.

Thanks,
Mike
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

I too like the idea, Karen, but can't do much to help. Beth might be able to help if she has the time. She certainly has the expertise.
Love,
Eva