Your prayers have been answered!

Basically anything goes here.
jeanne
Family

Your prayers have been answered!

Post by jeanne »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your prayers on Al's behalf, and a brilliant letter of appeal to the Visits Review Board at the prison which included research information on the reliability of Drug Dogs sent to us by Geoff, I'm delighted to tell you that Al's now back on the Visits Approved List! Yeah! This means we will be able to visit Eric on Christmas Eve. Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!
:D Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Geoff
Family

Re: Your prayers have been answered!

Post by Geoff »

Woo Hoo, that is so good.

hugs all round, and high fives

Geoff
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Wonderful! Best gift ever!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes, I am very relieved. When talking to the guard in charge of making the deciscion, I couldn't help but think that Jeanne's letter scared the you know what out of him. He was so nice that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. She cc'd the mayor of our city and a few members of parliament. People that she knows well through her work in the community. We were not some powerless family that I'm sure they are used to dealing with. This is an object lesson in politics. It's not wheather you are in the right or the wrong, it's who you know. The system is definitely not fair and deserves some reconsideration. I'm happy that I have what I wanted and deserved but I can't help but to feel that there is great injustice in this so called justice system. If Jeanne were not in such a high profile position in our community, I would be tempted to take this issue further and to expose this inequity. Suffice to say that I have learned a good lesson here and I am humbled by the good will that is shown to our family by the politicians in our community . The prayers I'm sure helped as well. ;) Jeanne's light and gifts shine through again and saved a bad situation. I can now see my son this Christmas eve :D :D :D . This is so important to me not only because we love him so much but because our other son will not be with us this Christmas for the first time since he was born. Lucky him, he will be in Krakow Poland celebrating with his wife's relatives. Vodka anyone? 8-) .
Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate your loving intentions towards this difficult situation. I am so happy that things turned out as they have. God bless you all. Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Yes there is always a learning in every situation.

hugs
Geoff
Kathryn
Family

Post by Kathryn »

Thank God Al!

The letter was very strong and factual! I love it that you cc'd it to so many important individuals! Good thinking Jeanne!

I am so very glad that this story has a happy ending! Love, Kathy
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Jeanne, i am glad that some Harmony and happiness has returned to this part of you and Al's journey.

much love,

brother dave k.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thank you, Al and Kathy for complementing the letter....yes, I'm rather proud of it which is more a testament to the power of inspiration combined with the research Geoff sent! It came together brilliantly! :)

As for the "Silver Linings"....there are MANY....but here's my top picks:

* When Al was turned away (told to get off the prison property immediately), he visited long time friends who are very dear to us and in difficult circumstances, so it was an important opportunity for healing and spending time with these dear friends.

* The 10 page appeal we faxed to the prison contained a Proposed Release Plan for our son (housing, employment, counselling, volunteer community hours, body building, family reunification, brief biographies for Al and I, letters of reference) which previously had fallen on deaf ears! What began as an "unfortunate" situation has hopefully turned things around in Eric's favour! I sent a copy of the appeal to Eric's case manager and there is no doubt, judging by the reaction and change in attitude towards us-- that the powers that be have now actually read the documents we submitted previously. Our intention is to focus the system on Eric's release plan and to emphasize that we are able to offer strong community supports when he is granted parole. Mission accomplished!

* Eric knows we won't give up on him and that it is possible to stand up against oppression and "right wrongs"!

We had a lovely visit with Eric yesterday and took our "adopted granddaughter". Little Mary cradles herself in her "Daddy's" (no blood relation) arms and The Loving Flow of healing and comfort that flows between them is powerful and awesome to behold! We were, as usual, enveloped in light and love throughout the visit and enjoyed a new found conciliatory kind of respect from the guards.

Al and I are grateful to have the opportunity to be used as channels in bringing Love and light into this prison which is not a place of a dignity. (Eric told us only yesterday that each inmate is strip searched, has to bend over for the guards before and after our visits. Al and I were rather taken aback by this....but this lack of dignity is part of their daily fare). (Please think about supporting Prison Reform in your local communities!)

Thanks to those of you who have sent Eric Christmas cards! He's received 19 so far and is tickled pink to receive such an outpouring of love, many kind messages and prayers from around the world! It means the world to Al and I - we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This is the best Christmas present for us -- that's for sure!

Eric was choked up when it was time for us to leave and Mary was determined to hang on to him until we were almost the last to leave....their love bond is very powerful as Eric is the only father figure she has had in her precious life. (she has experienced terrible trauma no child should have to suffer and Eric has given to her in a way that no one else ever could).

Merry Christmas -- where ever you are may you experience the true meaning and experience of The Love we are all meant to receive! God Bless, Love Jeanne
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Jeanne,

That was a wonderful bit of news, and I think posted on my time, Christmas early morning. So its a real "Christmas Day" wish. So now I would like to wish everyone a great Christmas too. Its colder today, after 33c yesterday, and those planning on turkey, ham and plum pudding will manage it. We are having vegetarian Christmas, with my vegetarian son and his partner. But tonight we will get lobster and Moet!!! All to ourselves!! I think I am doing it on the BBQ. Not the Moet!

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

What's Moet?!
Something we will share with the Wonderful Wizard of Oz sometime soon?! Yes! We're off to see the Wizard! The Wonderful Wizard of OZ!
Merry Christmas!
Love Jeanne