Christmas Party at the Prison!

Basically anything goes here.
jeanne
Family

Christmas Party at the Prison!

Post by jeanne »

Hi everyone,
Another special prayer request -- for Al! Please pray Al's visits with our son Eric will be reviewed positively and that Al will be able to visit Eric on Christmas Eve. Thanks!

This is what happened yesterday (8th Annual International Divine Love Day, no less!)

Mary, our 8 year old grandaughter, was SO excited to go to the prison to visit her Daddy -- new dress, shoes, sparkly tights, hair bob.....Al and I caught an early ferry, picked up Mary and made the long drive out to Abbotsford to Matsqui prison.

The security was over the moon -- like going through international security at an airport except we were split up into groups of 5 people at a time. Armoured doors, barbed wire fences, cameras everywhere....we were ushered into one space, doors locked behind, then ushered into another space, doors locked behind....and so on. Al was separated into another line up from Mary and I.

We were led into a large hall where we met Eric and looked it festive! Christmas tree, Christmas carols playing on TV, tables with white plastic cloths, trays and trays of fresh fruit and vegs -- Eric was VERY happy! Absolutely beaming. He and Mary spent about 5 hours in each other's arms....just beaming!

We kept waiting and waiting and waiting for Al to catch up with us....but he never came. He didn't get through the drug dog sniff! There was this wildly frisky young black lab who sat down beside Al twice....picking him out of the long line up of visiting families! Sitting down beside someone is supposed to mean the dog detects drugs! So Al was never let in and his visits are now suspended entirely.

He has to apply to a Visits Review Board to be eligible to visit again. We plan to visit Christmas Eve but considering how everything is so bureaucratic, I doubt if he will receive clearance by then. He offered to be tested, offered to a strip search but they wouldn't do it! Of course he protested, but to no avail. The guard said they believed the dog over him!

After about an hour, a guard called Eric out of the hall and they told him his Dad wouldn't be coming. Al tracked down our friends Bert and Shirley and visited them while he waited for Mary and me.

What a lesson -- to be wrongly accused and to have no recourse. I've never even heard Al swear in all the years I've known him (not like me). The rest of the visit for Mary, Eric and I was loving and comforting. Santa came and Mary got a night light which she LOVES! I met lots of the inmates and their families.....there was a spirit of comraderie. The food was plentiful: tons of appetisers (grilled eggplant, samosas, wings....then chicken and ribs for dinner with sweet potatoes and caesar salad. Ice cream, nanaimo bars, cakes and cream puffs for dessert. Tubs of water, pop, tea and coffee).

There is a prison committee made up of inmates who will help Eric go through an advocacy process first thing Monday morning. Al will call the Warden. Please say a prayer that Al's visits will be allowed again.

Thanks, Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Christmas Party at the Prison!

Post by AlFike »

Well Jeanne has spilled the beans. According to Corrections Canada, I'm either a drug addict or a pusher :o . How else do I have all of these wonderful spiritual experiences :oops: :roll: :!: . :?: . Yes the frisky cute lab sat beside me twice and i was ushered into the room and told I had been pointed out as a undesirable and asked where the drugs are :shock: ?. I pleaded my case, told them this was absurd and judging by the treatment and feedback I received, I don't think the guards thought I was guilty of anything. They had to , however, follow proceedure and refuse me access to my son. Is this negative forces? I felt spirit with me as we entered the gate. I prayed to be used as a channel of God's Love while we were there and I felt sure this would happen. Was the dog reacting to the spirit presence since animals are very sensative to these things? I will never know, but now I'm in a pickle and the powers that be move very slowly in these matters. So yes as Jeanne has said, pray for me and pray that I will not have to go to rehab :o before I can visit my son again. I am your dodgy brother in the love........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Al, you artful dodger you. I'm certain it was the spirit that accompanies you that attracted that little canine friend. He was obviously so curious as to why you had such a glow, and he was attracted to you.

I prayed for you when I received Jeanne's email, but I will pray again so that the authorities will review your request with an open mind, heart and soul.

Love to you my brother,
Dennis
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote: Yes the frisky cute lab sat beside me twice and i was ushered into the room and told I had been pointed out as a undesirable and asked where the drugs are :shock: ?.
Dear Al,

I had the same experience coming into Sydney off a plane from Heathrow. The doggie came past three times, and the last time I said to the handler - "What is this - Groundhog day?" You can do that sort of thing in Aus, but he was not amused, so I got the full treatment. Needless to say, I had nothing at all. The dog was wrong. I have since been told drug dogs are wrong 95% of the time. I sure hope they sort it all out for you.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks you two for sticking up for me. Do you want to phone the warden? Yes Geoff, this canine ( I love dogs by the way) was very young and I would bet my bottom dollar was still in training. Didn't know that they were wrong so often but the guards will believe a dog over an obviously straight person. Or is this just another form of harassment? I'm hoping to deal with it quickly and move on but after several attempts to talk to someone today, I have had no luck. I'll try again tomorrow. Wish me luck. God bless for now.......Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Try some web sources:

How reliable are drug sniffing dogs
The court has recognized the fact that “false positives” occur and dogs can be as low as 62% accurate.
I suspect you could have your blood tested yourself, and submit the results. That however only proves you are not a drug user. Now that the event is over, there is no proof as far as they are concerned that you were not carrying something. Just as you may say there is insufficient proof that you were. If they are going to make a big deal of it you may need a lawyer to see if you have any legal recourse. But you may not have any rights to visit, in a legal sense. In which case there is no easy solution.

Geoff
Kathryn
Family

Post by Kathryn »

HI Al, I read your story earlier today and WOW how very upsetting to be accused of something when your innocent. It happens all of the time! I too will pray that this does not stop you from seeing Eric and Yes I am sure you were high on something being Divine Love :) But how is a young dog to know - geez what a very frustrating situation.

I know that Jeanne has a very good rapport with the lawyer that was representing Eric - I wonder if she would have some advice for you? In the meantime I will pray that this is resolved and I always have Eric in my prayers. Love, Kathy
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Kathy. The process continues as my case is being reviewed by a board today. I was not told until I phoned in to ask how I can resolve this. The whole process seems arbitrary and biased towards the system. I was given no chance to defend myself. I was told that I would receive a decision today regardless. Again, the dog speaks more to them than this innocent human. Pray that they will reinstate my visits so that I can see my son Christmas eve. Let the power of prayer work it's magic here. I know the angels can come close to those who are involved if we pray for this to happen. May their compassion spill over onto them. They sure need it. Thanks again for your love and support..........Al
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

I'm putting my faith, hope and trust in the power of prayer.....but Geoff, THANK YOU for the fabulous link! If Al is not exonerated in their decision today, I'm taking this information you sent us to plead our case - My plan is to give them "one more chance" before calling our Federal Member of Parliament who is known to be like an iron fist in a velvet glove and get him to read them the riot act on our behalf. We have to be careful that any bullies involved won't retaliate with Eric, if we get them angry! Thanks again for your prayers and for your support - greatly appreciated! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Jeanne,

Well I can somewhat understand their position. But they need to have an adequate process that acknowledges the dogs are not 100% accurate, particularly if they are not willing to search the "suspects".

hugs
Geoff