All I Want for Christmas!

Basically anything goes here.
jeanne
Family

All I Want for Christmas!

Post by jeanne »

Besides Peace and Love in the world, an equitable society and abundance for all…..

I’m writing to invite you to send our son Eric, who is serving time in prison, a Christmas card!

Eric’s coping well in custody – he is working as a cook, working out every day, praying every day – he’s drug free and in better shape than he’s ever been. Al and I visit him every couple of weeks and take our 8 year old granddaughter Mary to visit him. When Mary sees Eric coming through the door, she takes a running leap into his arms and the love bond between them is truly beautiful to behold. Witnessing them spending together is wonderful – mutually healing and supportive for each of them and blissful for me!

Eric is now participating in a rehabilitation program 4 days a week that includes education and counseling on what led to his incarceration, addictions, associates, taking personal responsibility and preparation to re-enter society. All going well, he will be eligible to apply for day parole next May which means there is a possibility that he could move to a half way house in New Westminster (20 minutes from where we live in Vancouver) next summer and work for Al. If he continues to do well, then he will be eligible to apply for full parole in November, 2013. It may not be realistic, but I’m praying he will be home for Christmas 2014!

Erik’s journey in life has been challenging. He had grand mal seizures since infancy (epilepsy); he’s brain injured and learning disabled. He does well with structure; he is our beloved son for he has a kind and generous heart. He is a gentle giant. Eric has taught us humility and how to pray. There have been many times since he was born when the emotional pain was so intense I could hardly breathe and it’s still hard for me to understand -- but I am truly grateful for the blessing he is in our life.

If you are one to send Christmas cards, please consider sending one to Eric – I’m sure he would appreciate a word of encouragement for it’s not an easy path and the conditions in prison do not seem conducive for rehabilitation. I want him to know that there’s many kind people in the world who care about him and that he’s not forgotten. Here’s his address:

Eric Fike
Matsqui Institution
P.O. Box 2500
Abbotsford, B.C., Canada
V2S 4P3

Please note Matsqui is a medium security, federal institution and correspondence that contains any glue, glitter, metal, gifts, money, stamps – of any kind are returned to the sender. Books and magazines are not allowed; loose photographs and letters are acceptable. Everything is opened and read, so depending on the whim of the guard, can be returned for any reason. Stamps on the outside of the envelope are removed – Eric won’t see them.

Thanks for considering; Al and I wish you and your loved ones the Peace that Passes All Understanding and a
Holy Christmas Season, filled with Love and Joy!
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!