What is a Divine Love Prayer Circle?

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Audley
Happy Camper

What is a Divine Love Prayer Circle?

Post by Audley »

For me, its definitely a "WE" program, meaning i need the fellowship and connection with those who think the same. That has happened very quickly since i first met the Divine LOVE Sanctuary website. I have interacted by telephone, email, and on the Forum. I see we meet on Common Ground. Thank you for your love and support. And thank you to my Heavenly Father for leading me here.

I have been graciously invited to attend Vancouvers' Prayer Circle by Terry. Unfortunately i am unable to attend through the week because I have to work through the week and the only possible times i could be there is occasionally a weekend.

Hence, I would like to understand First of all what a Divine Love prayer circle is? is it run on particular days, what is the content, how long, and how have they been typically started. Would I have the ability to start one in Victoria?

Your feedback is appreciated

Audley
jeanne
Family

Re: What is a Divine Love Prayer Circle?

Post by jeanne »

Hi Audley,

THANK YOU for this wonderful question!! Participating in Divine Love Prayer Circles is THE passion of my life....I can't wait for Terry to dive in (amongst others) to answer this question too.....to add to what I have written here!

When we pray together to receive the mighty blessing of Divine Love in our souls, in a group with others who are also praying with the same purpose, we can be transformed from our earthly condition into a heavenly condition where there is often more intensity, deeper healing, a peace that passes all understanding and often blessings too marvelous to describe, in blessed communion with God!

There is great diversity in Divine love Prayer Circles......as each circle is a reflection of the diversity of people who participate in them. Those of us joining together in prayer for Divine Love in the Greater Vancouver area have been quietly doing so for decades. We are richly blessed to have inherited a legacy from a renowned psychic "Alec Gaunt" who had different circles every night of the week, each one praying for Divine Love! Some circles were mostly discussion groups, other circles were focused on healing, others were created for beginners, others to develop psychic gifts, and in Alec's latter years, an "advanced / highly disciplined" Divine Love circle was created to pray for Direct Voice! It would take pages and pages to describe the unique qualities of these groups. (which will make for wonderful discussion when we finally meet in person!).

Currently we have been hosting prayer circles alternating weekly between Barb's house in West Vancouver and at our home in Gibsons. If you are able to travel to Gibsons on a weekend, Al and I would be delighted to host a prayer circle on a Saturday evening --always followed by a pot luck feast and great spiritual discussion! (We have a guest suite so you are welcome to stay overnite. We live 5 minutes from the Langdale ferry terminal - a 40 minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay Terminal if you are coming that way from Nanaimo)

If you refer to our Home Page on this site, please read "How to Develop Spiritual Power" which provides a summary of our prayer culture and practice (fondly described as "The Gibsons Method" by our friend Geoff Cutler in Australia! Geoff also describes our Divine Love Prayer Circles in Gibsons as "where Heaven meets Earth"!! :lol: We hope you will let us know your availability to join us in Gibsons when we get back to Canada in mid April and find out for yourself! ;) with loving wishes to you on your spiritual path, (from a Divine Love Prayer Retreat with Ruth Duvall in Homosassa Springs, Florida) Jeanne :D
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Audley,

Jeanne's response is a beautiful description of what a Divine Love prayer circle can be, written with her usual joyful enthusiasm and loving spirit!

I was thrilled to read in your post that you are thinking of hosting prayer circles in Victoria! I would be happy to come when possible to join you as you begin creating such a circle.

For me, a Divine Love prayer circle is a gathering of two or more people who join together with singleness of purpose, to pray intently from the soul for the Divine Love. This is their sole desire, though as the circle progresses, all other blessings follow. The blessing of trust, fellowship, intimacy with other members of the group accompany the blessings of "felt Love" that Jeanne describes so glowingly.

The circle begins with the reading of a channeled message received by the medium who has served as such for the group for decades, followed by a prayer said on behalf of the group by one of its members. Then, group members silently commune with our Creator in the privacy of their own souls, mediate, pray and long for atonement in the Love. There is music quietly playing in the background at Al and Jeanne's but none when we meet (alternate weeks) at Barb's. One of the group says a closing prayer after about an hour. We slowly return to normal consciousness and some of us may share our experience during the prayer or guidance we may have received. We then sit together to enjoy a light meal that everyone has brought a contribution to, and talk about many things, especially spiritual questions or challenges.

The purpose of the gathering is to provide mutual support in our very private, individual journey towards atonement with the Heart of the Beloved. We each have equal status in the group, we honor the unique and special gifts everyone brings, we learn from and teach one another through our example of living the Love, through our struggles and how we deal with them, through our heartfelt connections with each another. We challenge one another; all is not bliss! But we value our relationships with one another such that we each take responsiblity for working through whatever our contribution may be to the friction and benefit from the learning that brings us. We are very conscious that the most potent evidence of our soul progression can be found in our actions, words, choices, all of which manifest Love-in-action or the absence of such.

Our prayer group is my spiritual family. It keeps growing, as more people are drawn to join us; each one contributes richly and brings special blessings to the whole.

There is always more to say! If you have more questions, please offer them up!
I would be interested in what others say about prayer circles devoted to praying for Divine Love, as we each have our unique point of view and experiences!

Love,
Terry
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Thank you Jeanne for your response. I will definitely try to take you up on your offer to come and visit over a weekend after you get back. The Blessings from Divine Love are evident in your response. For some reason though i cant find the following, on this site, please read "How to Develop Spiritual Power". Im probably looking too hard.

Thank you Terry for your response. I certainly would appreciate your help in establishing a Divine Love Prayer Circle here in Victoria.I like your descripton of the purpose and desire of the Circle and the blessings accompanying it.

At the beginning of the circle you said, The circle begins with the reading of a channeled message received by the medium who has served as such for the group for decades. Why do you start with reading from the mediums past messages?

The mutual support found in the gathering is soo important, i see it as a Divine fellowship; a Divine Family. "We are very conscious that the most potent evidence of our soul progression can be found in our actions, words, choices, all of which manifest Love-in-action or the absence of such." As the saying goes, Actions speak louder than Words. I really believe what you have said here.\ Also i believe no decision IS a decision == to do nothing

Terry, I am coming through your area going to my daughter's in Port Coquitlam on the Easter Weekend of April 5. Not sure if it be Friday or Saturday yet, subject to work. If you and Barb are available and agreeable, I would like to arrange to meet you both before heading on to my daughters.

What shall I do, is becoming clearer, inch by inch

Shalom, Audley
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello Audley,

I cannot add much to the wonderful responses from Jeanne and Terry; they write so beautifully and from the heart. I only wanted to add an additional point. That is, when praying in a group it is not only beneficial for each member of the group, but also it is of GREAT benefit for those in spirit who were attracted to each member of the group through the Law of Attraction, or simply spirits who were attracted due to the great light created by a group of people gathered for the single purpose of praying for the Father's Love. I don't truly understand the spiritual law, but it was explained in various messages that there is an exponential effect of praying in a group.

We not only benefit directly by participating in a Divine Love Prayer Circle, but we also indirectly help others in spirit :D

Wishing you all the best in the Father's Love,

Dennis
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Thank you Dennis for your response.I like what you say," we not only benefit directly by participating in a Divine Love Prayer Circle, but we also indirectly help others in Spirit"

I have heard it said in the past, its a WE program, not a ME program. As others directly or indirectly help us in Spirit.

I appreciate your input.

Audley
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Hi Jeanne; i was able to, finally, probably not the best way, but found the posting "How to Develop Spiritual Power" by googling it on the web http://board.divine-love-sanctuary.ca/v ... p?f=7&t=17

What a wonderful post the purpose of which is:

"So that we can strengthen the spiritual condition in the group ever higher, we want to share some of the important practices we’ve learned on our spiritual journey over the past 4 decades. If we all sit together with singleness of purpose and with clear expectations, the Gift of God’s Love and spiritual blessings will continue to intensify –within us --as individuals and as a group."

thankyou Geoff for posting it and thank you Al and Jeanne for sharing

Audley

ps. Googling found a PDF on the web titled "Divine Love Prayer Circles" http://board.divine-love-sanctuary.ca/D ... ircles.pdf - it also is comprehensive and only adds the testimonies i have already received
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

the web address for "How to Develop Spiritual Power" is http://board.divine-love-sanctuary.ca/v ... p?f=7&t=17

Sorry it wasnt a complete address on my last post

Audley
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Audley,

Barb and I would be delighted to visit with you! I will email you privately to be sure you have both our phone numbers, so you can let us know a bit in advance what your plans are.

The reason we read a message from those recorded and transcribed over many decades is to provide a spiritual focus for the group and help us shift from material concerns to soul centeredness. The messages are all about Divine Love, encouraging us to continue in our efforts to pray for the Love, conveying blessings to us, repeating the Truth of the Love available to each of us when we choose to turn to it. The purpose for which we sit in prayer is not to receive messages, but when messages come, we value them, record them so they can be transcribed and made available for us to read and re-read over time. As our souls progress, the messages hold more meaning for us. Some of us don't hear the messages during the prayer because we are somewhere else in our meditation, so recording them allows us to hear what we missed. We aim in our prayers for the "highest" spiritual influences to be with us to help us draw closer to our Father, and the quality and content of the messages reinforce us in this singleness of purpose.

With love,
Terry xxxooo
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Hi Audley, and welcome! I absolutely love what the others have written here in response to your question. I have been so fortunate to be able to participate in "a few" prayer circles over the past 3 years and they have been transforming for me. I was wonderfully thrilled as I was praying along with other like believers. I could see the brightest light and I could feel angels present for the first time. The Love/love I felt was simply amazing!

I have been encouraged, as have others here, to participate in the prayer circles in the Gibsons and Vancouver in spirit (I live in upstate NY). I believe that Terry has posted the times of future circles on a different thread located off the "Spiritual Get-Together" tab. I have participated in spirit only a couple times, however when I did, I indeed felt connected. The experience was quite different then when I pray by myself. I am sure that if I did so more often, the gifts would be very rewarding. I offer this option up to you if it is something you would like to try. If I have left something out here, Terry and Jeanne, please fill in the details.

I send you all my love, Kristy