Windsor, CA, USA Retreat - June 16 - 20, 2013

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Marga M.
Family

Re: Windsor, CA, USA Retreat - June 16 - 20, 2013

Post by Marga M. »

Hi Sandy, Dave K, and Tim,
Sandy
At another Divine Love retreat I once met a lovely lady who expressed her deep love for God in solemn dancing. Oh, and there are so many artists among us who touch my heart deeply with their various arts.

Feeling most attracted to the quieter expressions myself (with candles, incense, spiritual background music etc.), it would be kind of monotonous to ONLY pray in that setting, wouldn`t it? Plus it would not give me very many chances to turn to God at work or in the city or in nature, right?

I also love loud joyous praise & worship music & dancing ... but naturally this is only an option when my below- and next door neighbors are not at home.
Sandy what a breath of fresh air you are. Like my brother, Dave K., you are a person after God's own heart!!! I was overjoyed to read about your wonderful excitement and that you brought up so many ways you and others are expressing love and appreciation for our heavenly Father and Jesus of Nazareth with the dancing, and singing of songs -- there are even groups that have drum playing services. And what better place to experience those forms of worship than at a Divine Love Retreat.

Our heavenly Father let me know years ago, "That I should never put down any of his children that are worshiping Him by expressing their love for Him the best they know how, and plus they have accepted His best beloved son, Jesus of Nazareth!" Thus, I had to put away trying to "judge" others just because they don't do it the way I do it!!

Sandy, thank you so much for opening up and sharing your story. I too use candles, incense and spiritual background music, etc. That's when I'm doing my prayers and meditation in my room at home. It sets the perfect atmosphere to get into my God Zone! Where I can combine praying in the spirit, pray with understanding, and/or meditate while going into silence and revel in this wonderful presence of love, peace and joy. However, learned to also tapp into my prayer language that I received after finally being willing to accept the gift of the Holy Spirit that our heavenly Father had to lovingly and patiently convinced me that I needed this too, but I had to "ask for it". Therefore, while doing my housework, taking a walk or driving, etc. can also pray in the spirit and let my spirit communicate with my Father's Spirit. This kind of praying is so powerfully beneficial. ;)

Jesus had spoken to Mr. Padget about praying for the Holy Spirit in order for him to receive that Pentecostal Shower like his disciples had received on the Day of Pentecost. This experience is so powerful you can actually get "high" in the spirit (Think that is why the people that were hearing the disciples initial empowerment of receiving the Holy Spirit as it flooded them with the "promise of the Father" the Divine Love. Talk about being drunk in the spirit.) WOW! Such a marvelous high that can take you higher than any artificial high from any thing in this natural world. Just imagine being so drunk in the spirit that you can't even walk straight -- and you feel like you're feet are 4 feet off the ground! Moreover, when you come down there are NO SIDE EFFECTS. Praise God! Of course, you won't get that high each time. But it is still sooooo gooooood! :D

You are a precious jewel. Other people don't have to "get it" or understand you, because you are unique. That's the way God made you! Again, it is truly a pleasure to also meet you here in the Divine Love Sanctuary.

Truly appreciate the opportunity that The Divine Love Sanctuary allows for other Divine Love Followers around the world to be able to meet and connect, as well as get information about local retreats, prayer circles, etc. Praise God for Al and Jean Fike.

With sisterly love and appreciation,

Your sister in Christ, Marga

PS: Rev. Tim, is another multiple talented child of God who plays all kinds of instruments from piano, guitar and the accordian -- Oh, he also writes songs and composes music. Talk about our heavenly Father having such diversified precious jewels.
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Terry, i always enjoy your posts!
Sandy
Busy Bee

Post by Sandy »

Dear Tim,

unfortunately I am not playing any instruments, but just loooove to listen to spiritual CDs.

Yes, Gospel music is certainly among them, most of them kind of a gospel meets pop mix of songs such as my beloved "Amazing Grace", or "I will follow Him" from the movie Sister Act, or very nice gospel versions of "I say a little prayer", "Nearer my God to Thee", "Kumbaya my Lord", etc.
Have you ever heard of the Vineyard Music "Why we worship" series? There are 2 CDs I got called "Father" and "Healing". Songs on these CDs are packed with the most beautiful words, true pearls of soul wisdom such as, for example, "Breath of God: Breathe on me, breath of God - My spirit yearns for You - Hide me in Your fathering arms - Fill up my longing soul" or "Simple prayer: Lord, this is my simple prayer - Come and purify me - Cause my heart to burn again - Fill it with your fire". These are great background music for the quieter forms of prayer. The Maranatha Music "Praise" series is another one of my favorites. I do like some Christian pop singers, too, such as Amy Grant (Isn`t her "El Shaddai" so so beautiful??), Kathy Troccoli, Susan Ashton, Michael W. Smith etc.. And you have met Holly in Windsor - her sister has produced a traditional Christian hymn album last year that I can highly recommend. Lory Bianco: "Hymns. Jesus paid it all" In fact I can not so much recommend it for the words - lots of Jesus` death & bloodsaving talk - (veeery unlike Holly), but she is blessed with a wonderful voice (just like Holly) and her album can take one into most intense prayers in no time. If you are able to not get affected by the words, that is. Well, for me this naturally is a little easier than it might be for you as my native language is German and with comparably minor efforts I can "shut out" those orthodox (in English sung) words from my conscious field of focus and only and exclusively enjoy the spiritual hymnal sound and beautiful voice.

But hey, as Marga is mentioning it, I am just realizing who I am writing to and where I have read your name before ... See me bowing down for the work you did for the "Songs of the Soul" songbook! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Ordered 2 copies from Jocelyn in 2007. She`s such a darling soul, she was worried about how to best send them so I won`t have to pay extra taxes etc.

"Feel the Luv" - oh, I love that one!!

Dear Marga,

in a way I wouldn`t go so far as to say that praying for the Love does not have any side effects at all ... I`d call expiations side effects as well as a greater openness/ sensibility/ vulnarability that will be all positive from a specific level onwards, but here on earth can and do cause drawbacks once in awhile. At least that is what I see. But that is only because I am looking from down here and my range of view is very limited and, though few, there have been at least enough Divine Love highs in my life so far to know with soul understanding that in the bigger picture Love reigns and everything else will be overcome and what appears like side effects now will be the greatest healings in the end.

Sorry to all of you for having changed the subject somewhat! It just felt like the right time to talk about different outer forms of praying (for Divine Love) as the subject has been brought up by different Divine Love followers on different forums recently. And just to make this clear, I certainly didn`t mean to say that the most authentic form of communion with the Father each of us enjoys shouldn`t be enjoyed to the fullest as sacred and holy, because it definitely is. Our own individual sanctuary. ;-) But only that it can be fun to "add a little spice (=variety) to our favorite dish (prayer forms)" once in awhile as we are inspired to. Using a drum will be new to me ... I`m going to try that.

Another recently new experience to me was praying while being asleep. It was this group`s prayer circles that are usually held while I am fast asleep 9 hours later at night but that I wanted to join so badly that caused me to try this ... and it works. :-) Thank you Jeanne & Al & all of the Canada group!

Dear Terry,

it is always a gift to hear of your wisdom. Yes, there is much that influences us to become the persons we are, culture certainly playing a role. Words and phrases causing entirely different emotions, and oftentimes it is hard to understand for people from different environments to figure out just where the problem in a conversation exactly lies as intentions, meant meanings have just been of the noblest kind. --- Just a recent example: One of my very dearest friends of many years has taken pictures that I had shared with friends online and made them available to the public. My first reaction was: How can she do that?? Deep down in my heart, though, I know that she only meant well, intending to share some beauty (landscapes) with the www whereas my sudden rage did not originate in her well-intended sharing at all but in a media hype about internet crime / insecurity I fell prey to.

Dear Terry, I am what Kathryn once called a "Padgett girl", with a Catholic background, and I am german, sometimes using the English language in "unorthodox" ways lacking the most perfect expressions, and if either one of those influences, or ANYTHING else, ever, EVER causes any disturbances in our talks, please let us always talk it through!?!! Love ya.

Dear Dave K.,

what do you say now, mh? Brevity? ;-) Ok, here`s a brief response to you, my dear friend, I am sending you a dozen cyber hugs. ((((((((((((Dave)))))))))))) Love ya too.
My God is LOVE.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Dear Sandy, it's so good to hear your voice here. You are certainly getting comfortable with us and that gives me some joy :D . I think your English is excellent as are your expressed thoughts. I'm so very much looking forward to meeting you in the flesh. I know we will have lots to share in Blackpool. Only a few short weeks away. Keep sharing, you are adding another step to the dance here. Much love to you ......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Sandy, dear, you are a "soul-sibling" and I am sure we will have many delicious conversations harmoniously, enjoying and learning from whatever our differences may be! Hugs to you! Terry xxxooo
brother dave k.
Family

right back at you Sandy ((((((((Sandy)))))) !!!!
brother dave k.
Family

p.s. Sandy i am so very happy that you are more fully sharing your experience, strength (wisdom), and bringing hope to others, in a more verbose manner (LOL).

much love to you always,

brother dave k.
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Terry,

Please forgive me for not acknowledging you in my post the other day, Terry, I truly loved what you had to say about retreats and how the various cultural backgrounds play a major part in how each participant flavors the retreat (paraphrased).
I think because I grew up as part of a minority culture, and during my adulthood worked closely with the indigenous people and other marginalized groups here in Canada, I became conscious of how our upbringing shapes our world view and how we tend to view it as the "right" or "only" one, whereas there are muliple worldviews, with diverse ways of relating to and expressing yearning for our Creator. I truly believe our Creator welcomes each one; after all, we were created unique, and out of our uniqueness, we in turn created unique ways of living.
Totally agree with your comments above how our upbringings also shapes our world view, etc. That is why the idea of having various Divine Love Followers have the opportunity to come together and fellowship together is so very important. Moreover, it gives us a chance to "open" up and realize that there is so many different cultures and how awesome our Creator is to have such diversity of skin tones, mind sets and talents. Like our flowers, forest, and oceans, etc. So colorful and diversed. Yet all beautiful and necessary. Truly appreciate and admire the work you are doing in Canada.

BTW: Had a chance a study Kabbalah for a couple of years. Found it helpful in these areas: 1) How Abram & others had a personal relationship with our Creator (The Light) and why we should too, 2) Learned to love myself; and 3) How to be "proactive" and instead of "reactive", 4) Why meditation is important. Nevertheless, when I found True Gospel, it was truly the icing on the cake. It all started making the pieces of the puzzle come together and answered so many of my questions. I'm home now.

Your sister in Christ,

Marga
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Sandy said: "In a way I wouldn`t go so far as to say that praying for the Love does not have any side effects at all ... I`d call expiations side effects, as well as, a greater openness/ sensibility/ vulnarability that will be all positive from a specific level onwards, but here on earth can and do cause drawbacks once in awhile. At least that is what I see. But that is only because I am looking from down here and my range of view is very limited and, though few, there have been at least enough Divine Love highs in my life so far to know with soul understanding that in the bigger picture Love reigns and everything else will be overcome and what appears like side effects now will be the greatest healings in the end."
Dear Sandy,

Yes, you are correct there can be the side effect of "expiations", but initially no. But as we ask for more of the Divine Love, oh yeah! So, I guess you had to give Jocelyn a call, and ask her what was happening. I sure did call because I didn't see it mentioned much in True Gospel in a way that would allow me to understand just what that really meant. Once I ask her why didn't they have a chapter or at least more information about it? She said that they didn't want to scare the newcomers away. Well, do you think you can have given a person a 'hint!" so you don't run in terror? :o

It was just very uncomfortable to me. Moreover, if it was something that been inside of me for years, like unforgiveness or profound hurts. The crying and depth of feelings that brought back memories of like you were right back in the incident/time of it's occurance was sometimes uncontrollable. That was painful. But as it has been mentioned too, it is a necessary experience with such great rewards. Can we compare it to going to the dentist or have an operation????
Now the a greater openness/ sensibility/ vulnarability that will be all positive from a specific level onwards, but here on earth can and do cause drawbacks once in awhile
This part, on the other hand, didn't so much bother me because I did have somewhat of an understanding that the more spiritual you become, the more sensitive you are to spiritual things. Plus, I learned that our heavenly Father would lead me to books or people that could explain some spiritual things that I was not aware of in order to help me be prepared for what was to come. For instance, there would always be one friend that had mediumistic gifts in the choir I was in or there was someone of another Faith that I worked with that shared their views and/or reading material. Thus, I was being groomed to be more open and tolerant of various differences of how our Creator was being either worshiped or of things of a more spiritual nature.

That all left me believing that our loving heavenly Father takes you through what I call "boot camp", or training in preparation for the next level you will be encountering. On the contrary, helping you in the area of work where your skills and abilities will be needed. Teaching us how to become vessels, instruments or a conduits that His power can flow through without getting clogged up with self or flesh to help others. IMHO, He will not send you out unprepared.

Sandy, thanks again for your comments. Truly love your personality and outlook!

Luv and hugs,

Marga
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Marga, thanks so much for your contributions here! I appreciate your point of view, which rings true for me. Blessings to you!
Terry xxxooo