Curious 1980's DL get together

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Geoff
Family

Curious 1980's DL get together

Post by Geoff »

This photo was shared by Eric Niner, and he tells me that the rainbow effect seen here WAS NOT ADDED, it is a genuine photo.
A number of the folks in that picture are known to us: Care Darby/Bowman/Walsh, Victor Summers, Doug Oreck, Judy K. This is Doug Oreck's recall:

That’s Victor Summers and Care in the center. Going clockwise, the little girl is Sihiya, daughter of my then-ladyfriend Marijke, then Susan Kaufman, holding her daughter Jessica. That may be Greg Boster giving her a hands-on healing. I forget the name of the woman with short hair. Next is Mark Wallace, then me. I don’t remember the man with the unusual beard, and the others are a mystery…

love,
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Curious 1980's DL get together

Post by AlFike »

Interresting picture Geoff. i've seen a rainbow light in our garden on occasions and sometimes when doing laying on of hands healing. It is a sacred light that is reveared by some native cultures. This healing blessing must have been raining down on these dear souls as they were enjoying their spiritual connection together. Nice to see that others have experienced this blessing as well. God bless...Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al,

Yes its very interesting. Interesting things have happened at retreats when I have been there too. In 2000 in Santa Cruz we all went for a walk in the forest. As these things happen, someone asked what was "our" most favourite thing. I said mine is the smell of dust in the air when it gets the very first rain drops after a long period with no rain.

Back in the house, Doug called me to come outside. Not only was there a beautiful rainbow, it was spotting and we had that beautiful smell. Doug said that it cannot rain in June in California, it just never does. But it did, and that was within a few hours of being in the forest.

love,
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Great story Geoff. When the spiritual conditions are built up by our coming together and the resulting gathering of so many spirits, I believe this can affect the material world in many ways. When the vibrations are raised in this way, every molecule within and without is affected and responds in ways that may seem to contravene the material laws. I think this is an object example of how the world would change if we were all aligned in the Father's Love. It would be a very different place. I also believe that if we could build enough of a spiritual condition our angel friends would be visible to all of us and anyone else who is present. What a revelation that would be to the world eh Geoff?
May we keep up our efforts to be close to the Creator so that miracles can manifest through us and around us whether we are with a group or alone. God is always working through us if we are willing and receptive to His will. Your brother and friend......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Patricia has offered this info regarding the gathering:
Patricia Doyle wrote:Hello Geoff!

Just thought I would let you know that I am in the photo of the "1980s Mystery Divine Love Gathering"--I am in the foreground, to the left of Doug Oreck, the guitarist. This particular gathering was in Carolyn Stokes' (then Carolyn Sanders) backyard. Carolyn took the picture. I thought she used a rainbow filter, but I may be wrong--you may want to check with her. I also have a photo from that gathering with the same rainbow-light effects. It was in the summer of 1984. I'm telling you about this here because I was not able to post where the photo is . . . ?
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Patricia!
this is so exciting....that you are in this picture! what a time you must have had then!! It's still amazing to me that we met each other 28 years ago - amazing!
Al and I will try reaching you by telephone this weekend to follow up on your hopes and dreams of preserving the messages! If you see this message first, I'm curious to know if you have a long distance plan that allows free phone calls or if you would like to skype?
We don't have a long distance telephone plan, but we could skype. We also don't mind paying the long distance charges, if needed ;) Just asking.
How are your Divine Love Prayer circles going? Al and I were flattered that you were going to use our Purpose and Practice document ....did it work for you?
Looking forward to talking to you soon!
Love and God Bless, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Carolyn S
New Friend

Post by Carolyn S »

Hi Friends!

Just read an email Patricia D sent me about looking this forum up. I didn't know you had a forum and page. She mentioned that there was a lot of discussion about said photo. Yes, I am the photographer. Somewhere buried in boxes, I may have additional photos, as that was just from one angle. No, I can't tell you who all the people are in the photos. However, I do remember that it was taken after Bill Asnis and I went to visit Patricia and others in San Diego. We invited them up.

Patricia stayed with me, along with Jonathan. Victor was there, too. A lot of people came for that gathering (more than could fit in the back yard). At that time, we were the Santa Cruz branch of The New Birth Church. The picture was taken in my back yard. We were praying to God for His Divine Love, singing, loving the blessings of having the children, good friends and had a potluck, afterwards. Interesting how pictures circle the globe. I am happy that we are progressing in our love for each other and our souls are growing closer to our Creator. That's all I'm willing to discuss on the subject.

Glad we are all still praying and feeling God's Divine Love. Had a wonderful time in BC and seeing all of you. Let's stay focused on the Big Picture. :D

God bless you all,

Carolyn
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Carolyn S wrote:Yes, I am the photographer. Somewhere buried in boxes, I may have additional photos, as that was just from one angle. No, I can't tell you who all the people are in the photos. However, I do remember that it was taken after Bill Asnis and I went to visit Patricia and others in San Diego. We invited them up.

Patricia stayed with me, along with Jonathan. Victor was there, too. A lot of people came for that gathering (more than could fit in the back yard). At that time, we were the Santa Cruz branch of The New Birth Church. The picture was taken in my back yard.
Dear Carolyn,

Good to see you on here. Welcome. Thanks for that info. So it was your back yard in Santa Cruz? And do you recall if you used a "special effects" filter or if that rainbow effect was "a spontaneous spirit effect"

love,
Geoff
Carolyn S
New Friend

Post by Carolyn S »

Hi Handsome Geoff!

Thanks for all your good energy at the gathering. Regarding your question, ...Unfortunately, that's like asking me what I ate that day. I was taking pics with my new camera and was new to using it. Can't really say, :?: though I can say that it was a very spiritual time for all, including being blessed wtih the laughter of the children and it was a sunny, not rainy day.

Hugs,

Carolyn
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Carolyn S wrote:I was taking pics with my new camera and was new to using it.
Heh heh. Does not sound like you went to the trouble and expense of buying a special effects filter. Sounds more likely you took the photo into the sun? It appears to be facing partly into the sun.

love,
Geoff