New Member: John Thomas

Please introduce yourself here
JohnThomas
New Friend

New Member: John Thomas

Post by JohnThomas »

Hi All!
This is John Thomas from Foundation Church of the New Birth. I live in Falls Church, VA with my wife, Lilly and our 6 year old son, Jack. I've been following the teachings of Jesus from True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus since about the mid 1980s when I first met Jocelyn Harleston. I'm studying to become a Minister albeit slowly (very slowly!).
I hope to meet new New Birth Christians, talk about Jesus' teachings and anything else related to seeking the Divine Love!
Hope to talk to you all very soon.
Thanks - glad to see there is this forum here!
John
Geoff
Family

Re: New Member: John Thomas

Post by Geoff »

Dear John,

Welcome to our forum, I hope to hear more about your adventures soon, as I see you have been a follower a very long time. I found the messages in late 1999, and became a minister in the FCDT a few years later. I live in Sydney Australia.

love,
Geoff
JohnThomas
New Friend

Post by JohnThomas »

Hi - and thanks, Geoff!
Good to see fellow New Birth Christians from around the world.
I was wondering... does anyone host or participate in any Skype group meetings/events/study groups?
Thanks!
John
Zara B
Family

Post by Zara B »

Hi John,

Welcome, from another Au long time participant with the Divine Love. It will be good to get to know you and others and to learn of your experiences and your vision for the future!

With love,
Zara
A drop of Divine Love - an ocean of truth for the soul
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

JohnThomas wrote: I was wondering... does anyone host or participate in any Skype group meetings/events/study groups?
Thanks!
John
Hi John,

Well tonight I host my first event, but its going to be me face to face with about seven other folks who know nothing about the Divine Love. I created this Meetup group about ten days ago: http://www.meetup.com/Divine-Love-Meditation/

Jeanne and Al's group in Vancouver and the Gibsons is as best I can tell, the largest and longest running active "face to face" group. Brenda in Barbados also has a face to face group, somewhat smaller I think. Others have at different times had groups, and at times we did use internet chat forums. Probably the largest outreach ever, was Zara and Nicholas and his brother, who had around 100 folks attending up to 3 times a week in Melbourne. (I have heard that in the 70's and 80's George Stokes had as many attending talks, but I know very little about that.) But Zara and Nicholas were at least 12 or 15 years ago. I don't know anyone who has tried a skype conference. But of course many of us use Skype and I use it to stay in touch. Do Nguyen has had a long running Meetup group which meet at his home, but its a moot point if one would call it a Divine Love group. It touches on Divine Love and many other things.

For some years I and about five others advertised on the web that we were available as contact points for Divine Love study groups in various parts of the world. I however never had anyone contact me here in Australia. But I still think its a good idea, and would like to see it taken up again.

love,
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Welcome John!

How did you find out about this message board? I am constantly amazed at meeting so many new people from around the planet through social media! It's all fairly new to us.

Al and I are still pinching ourselves that so many people came to our retreat this past July! Less than a year ago when the idea came to us to host a retreat, we were expecting about 5 people and an astonishing - almost 50 people came!! We believe each one who came was impressed to gather together -- it's TIME! We believe our Celestial guides and teachers have lots of work for all of us to do....they keep telling us we are all deeply, deeply needed. And when one looks into their own communities and around the planet it is painfully obvious mankind is so out of balance and so out of harmony with the Laws of Creation.

Al and I have been rather "cocooned" in a purposefully small group (about 8 core members) for almost 40 years. Our groups have been "closed" and we've been taught that it's more important to LIVE the Love rather than to preach about it. We believe that those who have Divine Love in their souls that soul to soul communion with God is inspired....and that many souls begin to long for Divine Love once they have come into contact with the Love. It's soul to soul communion that is the true catalyst....not what we say but rather who we ARE and what we do that makes the difference.

Geoff, are you serious! You think we're the longest running group you've ever heard of! How sad for this troubled world of ours if that is the Truth. We are a small group, so aware of how very little we've travelled on the Divine Path.

Hopefully this message board will draw many to gather together now -- we must overcome our differences....and simply PRAY constantly to receive Divine Love in our souls and to light up the world! There is no greater joy....no greater purpose!

I feel an angelic presence enveloping me in a wonderful love as I sit here at my computer...it's awesome and impossible to resist this magnficent call! How blessed we are!

Thank you, John, for joining us here and please tell me how you found this message board! I hope we will meet in person some day. Until then, all the best in the Gift of God's Love!

Love from your sister and friend, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi John...
Al and I are intrigued by this idea to meet you by Skype - to get acquainted. Would it work for a small group to say hello...with video or just talking?
It would be helpful to know what time it is for everyone since we all live in different places. Of course it's easy for me to ask for this but I don't have a clue about how to implement them!
It's a beautiful day here on the Sunshine Coast (we are looking out into the garden and the ocean that is pictured here on this site ;) .- each of us with our laptops.
Last nite when I was falling asleep I was at the opening of a door and stepping into such a brilliant light I couldn't see what was there! Then I had the best sleep I've had in a long time! Ah! We are deeply blessed and it's my prayer that all of us connected to the site and to each other will be blessed in The Great Love today and always,
Your sister and new friend, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!