How I found the Padgett Messages

Please introduce yourself here
Sandy
Busy Bee

How I found the Padgett Messages

Post by Sandy »

Jeanne asked me how I met Joan and Holly and became aware of the Padgett Messages, so I sent her the following response, which may also introduce me to this forum and those of you I haven`t had a chance to correspond with yet ...

I first met the Californian gals in April 1995. Holly`s sister who had been a famous popstar in the late 80th especially in Italy, Austria and Germany had invited some of her fans to visit her and her family in Los Angeles. At that time Holly lived there together with her dad and a friend of her sister, and during our visit it became obvious that both Holly and I shared a common interest in angels. I was supremely excited when she showed me a couple of angel videos and took me to angel stores and the Bodhi Tree (metaphysical) Bookstore, all things beyond what one could find in Germany at that time. So after a couple of days I began to question Holly on her beliefs ... and after a little bit of hesitancy on her side, she gave me a copy of True Gospel revealed anew ... Vol.1 to read. Back then my school English was not so good and I must have misunderstood her somehow, thinking that I would have to read the book within the 3-4 days left of our stay to give it back to her before we had to leave, and so I started to read the messages that very night ...

I remember that after about the first ~50 pages I was thinking "hey, how did that happen, that somebody took a look right into my head and heart, into my very own deepest beliefs and expressed them so wonderfully, powerfully, much more so than any other spiritual book I had read before?!", so I was hooked.

The book turned out to be a gift for me to take back home with me, and I was soooooooo grateful, and soooooooo wanted to return to California to see Holly again and learn more about these messages. So when I returned to Los Angeles again for my summer vacation before my last year of highschool (still 1995), there waited another treassure gift for me ... Vol.2 ... and then Vol.3 and 4 and some New Birth Commentaries and then Angelic Revelations... and so on ...

That summer Holly took me to visit Joan and her family for a Saturday afternoon, and also Joan`s sister Judy for a quick meet-and-greet in Santa Barbara where she used to live then. The following year she took me to Santa Cruz for the first time to meet Kathryn and Crystal and Doug, and I began to exchange letters with Jocelyn and Dave.

Well, those were the first three of more than a dozen trips to California within the past 18 years. After college they certainly became fewer, but I am still trying to make it possible to see Holly, Joan and Judy at least every 3 years, especially as, not having any kids myself, I enjoy to watch Holly`s and Mike`s son Zachary growing up.

As far as feeling the Love it took me about two years of consciously praying for a reception of the Divine Love before I felt it in such an intense way that there was no doubt left of its being altogether different from all kinds of natural loves and of it being a real and discernable substance. Lateron there have been various ups and downs of more and less prayerful times in my life, but sooner or later my soul always returns to God to ask for a nearer closeness to Him in His Love, and the messages have stayed to be my most beloved spiritual road map.
My God is LOVE.
DennisT
Family

Re: How I found the Padgett Messages

Post by DennisT »

Hi Sandy, welcome to the forum!

I think you will find this a wonderful place to share and exchange ideas about Divine Love and the Padgett Messages. Having just found the messages recently, I was surprised to find such a loving, warm and welcoming forum that is not condescending but in fact is very helpful and nurturing to those who wish to learn more about the Divine Love Path.

Thank you for sharing your story, and I look forward to hearing more throughout the discussion threads here on the site :D

With warm, sunny Southern California hugs,
Dennis
Sandy
Busy Bee

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Dennis for your sweet welcome to this forum! Another person from my favorite spot on this earth - great! Just read about how you found the Padgett Messages. Still recovering from a hacker`s attack last year which caused me to reduce my hours online dramatically, it feels truly wonderful to hear more and more stories of the good and worthy usage of this tool and to participate in it a little here and there (once again). :) Much love to you, Dennis, and greetings to Southern California
My God is LOVE.
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Hi Sandy,

Mercy ... I just completed a very long welcome message to you and then all of a sudden, just when I was almost done -- poof! It disappeared!! :?

Well, I will not try to reconstruct what I wrote earlier, but only take time now to welcome you here. I really appreciate that you have come here, and that you wrote such a beautiful story of how you came to the knowledge of the existence of the Divine Love and the Padgett messages.

One quick question: Is Holly's sister still a popular singer?

With much love and a hug,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Sandy
Busy Bee

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, dear Joseph!
Joseph wrote:One quick question: Is Holly's sister still a popular singer?
She has been more famous in the mid- and late 1980th both for a modern day Cinderella adaption then shown as a TV mini series and for about a dozen contemporary pop albums, among them mostly love ballads. Her name is still widely known among those Germans of my age (mid 30th and a little older), but only to very few teenagers these days. Her last pop album was produced in 1990. In the meantime Holly`s sister is singing Christian hymns, very beautiful songs indeed, but rather with an orthodox touch at times. You may be able to find a sample of her music on my facebook profile, if you like.
My God is LOVE.
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Sandy, so good to see you here and participating. i have always enjoyed your sharing your experiences and thoughts on various things. i anticipate our meeting in person some time in the near future, as i have enjoyed your presence online for quite a few years.

dave k.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Dear Sandy. It warms my heart to have another true sister on this path. So good to hear from you here and thanks for posting your story. We are all eager to hear how others have found their way since this is such a relatively obscure path. Maybe some day that will change but for now our spiritual family is spread out very thinly around the planet and thank God we have this medium to communicate otherwise there would just be isolated pockets of people doing their own thing.
I hope we will be seeing you in Manchester this Fall as I believe there is a need and a higher purpose for us all to connect in person as time goes by. Looking forward to hearing more from you here until we meet. God bless for now.....Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Sandy,

{{{{hugs}}}}}

So good to have you posting here, and gee I learnt more about your journey than I knew for sure. I certainly was not aware you had traveled to SoCal so often. Hopefully we can catch up in Manchester?

love,
Geoff
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Dear Sandy,

I loved hearing your very interesting story of coming to know of the volumes and the truths in them, and I am so touched to hear of Holly's part in it, too....and I welcome you to this gathering place, and hope to meet you in person someday soon!

with sisterly love,
elizabeth
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Sandy - how wonderful to see you copy and post your email here on Sanctuary! I'm chuckling to myself because I wrote you an email response, shrivelled like a prune, on my blackberry, after 2 hours of swimming with my granddaughter at the pool! We just got home now....and lo and behold....I find your email here -- with so many responses already! That's so cool!

I enjoyed reading your introduction very much; especially your connection to Holly. It's always interesting to hear how others found their way to the Divine Path. Here's my story:

I was born in Prince Edward Island, Canada but moved from the east coast to the west coast and grew up in Vancouver since the age of 4. I'm almost 5 years older than Al--we didnt meet until i was 27 and it was surprising to find out we grew up close to each other and our families even shared the same doctor and frequented some of the same places!

While Al grew up in an alcoholic family, i grew up in an angry family! Both pretty "traditional"-- lots of dysfunction AND lots of love!

I always felt THE LOVE , I especially remember a powerful, loving presence being with me from age 8 onwards. I remember telling anyone who would listen "the most important thing is love" and I've always known this was absolutely true!!! I remember a local church in our neighbourhood that had a huge billboard sign: GOD IS LOVE and i must have believed this on a soul level because a feeling of inexplicable JOY and PEACE overcame me every time I passed by that sign and read it-- even though in my mind I was a staunch aetheist during my teenage years and while attending university.

Sandy, I LOVE your tagline: My God is Love! How perfect! Can i use it too?!

I was a teenager of the 60's and experimented with sex, drugs and rock and roll! It was an adventurous time!! When I was 18 I even met Dr. Samuels and his wife who played a significant role in furthering the Truths through the FCNB --I had NO IDEA who he was until several years later when I began to correspond with John Paul Gibson! Visiting as a tourist from New York, my teenage friends and I bumped into the Samuels at Vancouver's Museum of Anthropolgy! I don't remember much about our discussion -- except that I felt THE LOVE and thought to myself "Too bad he is so religious"! We corresponded for several years after that "chance meeting"!

I was introduced to the Padgett Messages in my early 20's and like you, was completely hooked!! I couldn't put the books down---I spent many hours, days, weeks and months in rapture while reading them! The volumes were my constant companions and I talked about the truths all the time, to anyone who would listen!

Al and I were each "mentored" on the Divine Path -- we each had our own angel on earth who guided us to the Padgett Messages and to THE LOVE.

We married within a few months (37 years ago now), and after a "honeymoon stage" of about 2 years, we started our own family and raised two sons. I was not happy as a "stay at home mom" and Al was struggling with his business. This stage of our relationship we often refer to as "the Seven Years War"! Thank heavens we were guided to individual, couple and group counselling programs; thank heavens we had Barb and a strong group of Divine Love followers (including my beloved sister Judy, Terry, Kathy and Lorna), who helped us look within and gain insights about our personal issues. Thank heaven for our Angel guides who overshadowed us with love so intense that our souls kept longing for The Greatest Love of All. Thank heaven for all the painful therapy sessions and soul cleansings!

As I look back on our spiritual journey thus far, I am grateful for years of counselling and for our Divine Love Prayer Circle Community that has supported us along the way.

We have been told for decades that some day we would be connected with other Divine Love followers around the world and it is obvious to us that this is what's happening now!

thanks for being here!
Love, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!