Hello from So Cal

Please introduce yourself here
Geoff
Family

Re: Hello from So Cal

Post by Geoff »

DennisT wrote:Leaving this meeting was like a giant light bulb going off in my head, and I soon realized that if this person was given the gift of mediumship, there must be others who had or have this gift, and what messages have they received, I pondered. This ultimately led me to the Padgett messages, and having experienced receiving a very detailed message from the spirit world, I found it very easy to believe how they were delivered. Moreover, I found the content of the messages directly affecting my soul as they answered long forgotten questions I had that were unresolved with my present day church, and to me, they just made tremendous sense! It was a natural, logical progression for me, and I'm so happy that I stumbled across this information (which I'm now realizing was probably not so much stumbling but more of spiritually guided direction).
Dear Dennis,

My own light-bulb moment was very similar to yours, excepting that in my case the trigger was a channeled book, but one that was in my opinion not wholly the truth. After thinking about it some days, I decided that if someone else had received the "real" truth, they would have put it on the web. And for the first time I realized that some spirits are knowledgeable others less so, but that spirit communication was for real. And so I began a search, based only on year of receipt from 1840 forwards, till I got to Padgett. Took me a few weeks.

love,
Geoff
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Dear Dennis, and also dear others who have replied here,

I have enjoyed so much reading all of the loving reflections shared with Dennis and with all of us who come into this sanctuary.

Welcome Dennis! I have also really enjoyed reading how you learned of the Padgett messages! How fortunate for you to have heard from your grandmother through a medium. And I resonated with what you shared when you said that you could feel the truth of the messages that came through Mr. Padgett after experiencing a medium in person. When I first read the messages, I held a good deal of caution about whether it was possible for spirits to communicate with mortals, and so it was only "what" was in the messages rather than "who" communicated that reached me at first. I just felt the words were genuine and loving, and my 'scientific' way of looking at things changed only very slowly until I became assured that it was, indeed, possible for spirits to communicate with mortals.

You mentioned something about not really needing "The Prayer" that came through Mr. Padgett. I, too, came into these teachings with a practice of saying the Prayer exactly as written for a long time, until it became a part of me. And I often simply prayed by contemplating only one line, or one phrase, and that was a deepening experience for me. At this point, I see that "The Prayer" simply captures every important truth that has been conveyed through the messages that came to Mr. Padgett. I realized that any words I use to 'pray' can express any or all of the meanings of those words in The Prayer, because each of the statements in The Prayer are true! So I don't need those words anymore. The truths in The Prayer have dissolved in me like sugar in a hot cup of coffee.

This evening, I prayed with a dear old friend who has symptoms of advanced dementia. She has been praying earnestly for Divine Love for about forty years. Even while she cannot remember much and may appear 'disoriented' due to this severe trouble remembering, when she prayed out loud in my presence this evening, she spoke to our Heavenly Father from her heart and everything she said was completely consistant with the words of The Prayer, which she had said so often in her earlier days. She "is living from soul" as she used to say to me when we would talk about 'living from the mind' or 'living from the soul.'

I too have asked many times how to pray from the soul, and I am struck by your coming to this question so quickly in your study of the divine truths, which tells me that you must be really sinking deeply into the meanings as you can see that praying from the mind is limited. I think there's more than one message that says we learn the truths intellectually and that helps us to find out about them, and finally to move us toward learning more soulfully. That's a bad paraphrase but more or less how I understand it.

I've been so interested in hearing from others 'how they pray' especially 'how they pray with their souls' that I've invited people to share their stories in a newsletter that I help to put out. We're in the early stages of collecting these stories. My intention is selfish; I just want to find out everything I can about how to pray from our souls.

Anyhow, Dennis, welcome to the Sanctuary. Like you, I am here to benefit from the experiences of those who have discovered how to truly pray from their souls, and I am hoping their wisdom will help me. And like the Padgett messages say, the river can rise no higher than its source, and what that means to me is that I cannot 'help' another person any more than my own soul development allows, and that explains why my help for others in the past has been so flawed. And I would truly LOVE to be a pure channel for our Father's Divine Love someday. And then any 'help' I give will be truly helpful, as it will come from our Father.
Warmly,
Elizabeth
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Thank you, Elizabeth

I am just overwhelmed with emotion as I read each comment I've received here. When I joined a few days ago, I felt as if I jumped off a high dive into the deep end of a large pool, not knowing what to expect when I hit the water. Instead of being immersed in a pool of confusion, I'm being bouyed with the most wonderful comments, containing detailed, thoughtful words full of love and hope. I really, really appreciate them all!

I was continuing my reading tonight, and apparently as you wrote "I held a good deal of caution about whether it was possible for spirits to communicate with mortals," I had just finished reading a message from Jesus where he said: "It is beyond doubt that spirits and mortals communicate." Remarkable! I guess I was very fortunate to have had that experience first, which made the second step so much easier for me.

I also liked what you said about "The Prayer" capturing every important Truth, and that later you developed to the point where you could say any words to express those truths. I will take that to heart as I move forward with my own prayer development.

Let me know how I can get on your newsletter list; I would love to participate.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful words, and I am truly lucky and blessed to have found a venue where we can express such deeply-held beliefs with unabashed exuberance!

God bless
Dennis
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Hi Dennis,

Yes, wonderful to be able to participate in a place where "such deeply held beliefs" can be expressed with "unabashed exuberance"....so well put!

If you'd like to receive the newsletters I mentioned, just send your ground address to newbirth@divinelove.org. We try to get them out 4 times a year, but sometimes we don't get them out that frequently. I will send you a few back issues and will make sure you receive the next one to go out.
warmly,
elizabeth
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Hey elizabeth, I want to be on the list too :!:

I think Elizabeth is being far too modest about her gifts and loving wisdom. I have been blessed to be in her presence and benefitted by her wisdom and love. She is truely an angel and a wonderfull mentor on the Divine path. I agree with Elizabeth and it appears you are on the fast track and that you are a fast learner. It's gratifying to see and your enthusiasm is inspiring to us old hands. I'm happy to see your picture up here as well. Nice to relate to a face behind the words :mrgreen: .

There is so much to share as we traverse the landscape of God's loving creation and each soul experiences it a little differently. This difference is what makes a place such as this so interresting as we relate as best we can the scenery on the way to the loving embrace of the Creator. Keep sharing Dennis and we will as well. May your day be blessed.Your brother and friend........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Hi Dennis,

Nice to see a face with your last post. Makes our communications more personal than they already are.

Reading the posts and words of welcome that people have written in response to your introduction and various questions I am with a thought that I would like to share, namely, in many ways you are a gift to us here, Dennis -- at least you are to me. Allow me to try to explain why I feel this thought came to visit me.

When I read the replies written by people like Zara and Al and Jeanne and Elizabeth and Geoff, I felt that they were writing with such deep love and honesty, and that they were also writing to me and to all people new to the way of Divine Love. I learned something new about the writers and about the initial progress of a soul as it comes into the awareness of the existence of the Divine Love. There is a unique thread of humility woven into each response that added to my gratitude for your presence that prompted the writers to write the way that they did. Indeed, we are brothers and sisters of our loving Heavenly Father, and I am very happy to be one among many, and very happy to meet a new brother! :D

Having said this, I now want to share my experience with the prayer for the Divine Love that Jesus gave to James Padgett, and to Leslie Stone who was in the room with James when he recorded the prayer. I love the prayer, and some years ago, after much difficulty, I committed it to memory, Yet I do not use it as a ritual or merely say it by rote without deep feeling and sometimes with a great deal of emotion. I smiled when you wrote, Dennis, how that at first you recited it as the good Catholic that you once were. I was a Protestant minister, and perhaps this is why I was so attracted to the Jesus Prayer (as I like to call it), and finally committed it to memory. I found as I continued to read the Padgett messages, as Elizabeth suggested, that this prayer pretty much contains the basic truths given to mankind by Celestial spirits through Padgett's writings. And, having committed it to memory, I am now able throughout the day to meditate and pray about certain aspects within the prayer. I combine the truths within the prayer with mediation and my soul seems to soar with each and every new inflowing of the Father's Love. And at night or in the morning upon my bed I am able to focus my attention on things that truly matter.

Recently I found a new way to express the words of the prayer. I usually take a daily walk, and the last 2 weeks I have strolled about a mile and a half to a nearby cemetery, the Prescott National Cemetery. I am there near sunset and I am usually the only person present. The cemetery is neatly kept, and it is situated on a hillside. I walk to the highest part, where I sit on a bench and rest awhile before I return on my walk to my home. While I am sitting on the bench I pray the prayer aloud, sometimes quite loudly; and while I am doing this I feel a company of spirits present. Some of these spirits are bright spirits of the Celestial Heaven, who are present helping me to pray, but I know that there are also mortal spirits present who come to listen to the prayer, and to be influenced and helped by the presence of lovely Divine Love angels.

I share this incident from my life only to encourage you not to walk too quickly away from the use of the prayer for the Divine Love given to us by Jesus through Padgett. Yes, I realize that the prayer is not necessary, as suggested by others who have written here. Jesus himself taught James Padgett that formal prayers are not necessary, nor are any words necessary. We can and do eventually learn to pray with the soul, quietly and very effectively. I do this, but I also still love to use the words of the prayer.

The main thing we learn walking the way of Divine Love is the essential place of prayer. With faith and prayer the possibilities of the progression of our soul are without limit, both here on earth and in the spirit realms when we transition.

With much love my brother Dennis,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Well Joseph your lovely words brought tears to my eyes as I see more and more as you have seen in us a brother on the path and a truely eloquent writer. Yes we are so blessed to be able to share our stories about faith and prayer here and I do so like to hear them so beautifuly and lovingly expressed. Thank you for the time and effort you have given in this regard. I wish I could go on those sunset walks with you. I'm sure we would have many inspiring conversations. I am truely your brother in this wonderous Divine Love. God bless you.........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Hello again, dear friends,

I love your expression, Joseph, "do not walk away so quickly from the Prayer"....no, do not. Your evening walks sound beautiful and it helps me to feel how complex the weaving is of prayer, its many layers. And that, as Jesus said, the soul prays in an instant, that is the soul calling out, and it does not require words; and yet it comes to me that praying with those precious words is like appreciating the beauty of a crystal chandelier, many little crystals of divine truth that we behold in our meditations, and throughout our day, and that making a deliberate intention to say those words out loud is another equally valid form of prayer and I thank you on behalf of the spirits who are there listening to you and learning the way.

And I see wisdom in your mention that Dennis has been brought to us. And by his openess and eagerness, his presence enriches all of us as we feel inspired to speak to one another here.

with the Father's Love,
elizabeth
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Dennis,
I googled you and checked out your Piano Player for Hire website! I LOVE it! I sang in a ROCKIN Gospel Choir for 8 years until Al and I bought our home on the sunshine coast. Then I could no longer make the practices in the city and had to give it up. I miss that choir so very much! When I sing, I feel my soul longings intensely! Singing in that choir was sheer BLISS and I bet the same is true for you! I bet you've actually been praying "properly" - whatever that is - since you first began to perform as young boy! How wonderful to have a musical family - (I am so envious!) That's awesome! And you produced Godspell and Joseph! I am totally impressed and my deepest soul longings for hearing you and singing with you are stirred!
Love always, always love,
Your soul sister, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
jeanne
Family

Re: Hello from So Cal - LOVE TO JOSEPH!

Post by jeanne »

Dearest Joseph,
When Al read me your post this morning I was moved to tears - maybe some day we will be able to take that prayerful walk with you and bask in the glorious love of the Creator together. I know I will think of you often, taking that walk. How beautiful. How wonderful. God Bless you, dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
I enjoyed seeing the pictures of you, Helge and Michael in the group picture on Helge's facebook. It's fun to see you there too!
Love and hugs Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!