Terror

This forum is for all other topics
NancyB
New Friend

Terror

Post by NancyB »

Can anyone share experiences of how to overcome terror? The intensity is overwhelming and I’m not sure how prayer is helping.
Geoff
Family

Re: Terror

Post by Geoff »

Hi Nancy,

I have thankfully never experienced that except once in a lucid dream. I said a prayer to Mary and the object that was threatening me left. So I am not much use, sorry. This site is really largely abandoned these days. I am rather sad about that.

hugs
Geoff
NancyB
New Friend

Post by NancyB »

Thank you for your reply. You are very fortunate. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this forum and hope that someone with experience will be able to reply in the future.
Albert F
New Friend

Post by Albert F »

Not sure how to help here Nancy . Are you having panic attacks or a general feeling of danger? Could be that your body chemistry is wonky or possibly a mind loop causing reoccurring fear. Sounds like you need an intervention more potent than prayer. Have you talked to your doctor about it Nancy? You are in my prayers dear heart.......Al
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hi Nancy,
Sorry to hear about your struggles.

Like Geoff, I don't have personal experience with terror, but I do know the effectiveness of a technique called EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) that is becoming widely recognized and accepted and has quickly helped people like war vets who had experienced post-war terror, nightmares and other very distressing symptoms for years prior to using this. This you-tube list may help you -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjaBZH ... sPuPl5Vgrp

Love,
Eva
NancyB
New Friend

Post by NancyB »

Thank you for your replies. I guess I didn’t have notify me when a reply is posted turned on because I’m just seeing these now. Terror is hard to put into words and sadly medical doctors haven’t been much help. It fluctuates between terror, panic and fear and seems to show up for no apparent reason mostly as sensations in the body. I continue to keep seeking trusting God will lead me to help that is needed. All prayers are welcome. I have tried EFT without much luck. I’m checking into the newer version of EFT called Optimal EFT to see if that might help. Much love to all for taking time to respond.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Testing subscription of new posts
NancyB
New Friend

Post by NancyB »

I got an email notification. Thank you!
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

Hi Nancy! I am so sorry you are experiencing these issues! I can only imagine how scary that might be. This might be a silly question, but have you spoken to a therapist or some sort of professional? I have several friends who love their therapist and always suggest that to others in need. Have you tried other healing modalities? You mentioned EFT. Any others? Are you a sensitive person (like did you have any paranormal experiences as a kid or now)? Do you feel like certain dark spirits could be attracted or attached to you, putting out their emotions onto you?

I can tell you a story about my cousin. Maybe it will bring some hope or provoke some helpful ideas for you. My cousin was in a dark place. She was in her mid thirties, addicted to prescription drugs, with a failing marriage and two young kids. It was pretty easy to sense the darkness around her. I decided to reach out to her to see if she would let me pray for her and try out some distance healing. She said she would take any help I might offer. I said a prayer for her that night. With deep love and desire, I asked for God to send some very powerful angels to help lift the darkness that was surrounding her. I prayed for the attachments she had developed with low spirits to be severed and for His Light to replace it. I prayed for God's Will to be done. This was the jist of it. The next day she emailed me. She said, "I don't know what you did Susan, but I feel completely different." She said many other things, but the overall theme was she experienced a deep healing and upliftment and was very grateful.

I was just reading something the other day about prayers and healing (I think it was in the Judas of Kerioth book). I read something like prayers for others need two things...a strong faith and desire from the person sending the prayers and also a receptive student. If the person receiving the prayers or healing is not fully open to receiving the blessing, they won't. My cousin was fortunate enough to let down her walls and allow God's blessings in. She was changed for a long time. However, she did regress back into some darkness as she didn't make the necessary changes to stay in the light.

Life is certainly challenging, but prayer really is such a gift to us. It really does work miracles. I hope something of what I wrote brings hope to you or sparks an idea of something you might try. You are a gift to this world, Nancy! God wants to help you become everything He created you to be, without fear! Love and hugs to you! :)
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Susan,

Thanks for sharing and yes your recall of the messages is accurate. The recipient must be open, and no changing will lead back to issues.

hugs
Geoff