Terror

This forum is for all other topics
NancyB
New Friend

Terror

Post by NancyB »

Can anyone share experiences of how to overcome terror? The intensity is overwhelming and I’m not sure how prayer is helping.
Geoff
Family

Re: Terror

Post by Geoff »

Hi Nancy,

I have thankfully never experienced that except once in a lucid dream. I said a prayer to Mary and the object that was threatening me left. So I am not much use, sorry. This site is really largely abandoned these days. I am rather sad about that.

hugs
Geoff
NancyB
New Friend

Post by NancyB »

Thank you for your reply. You are very fortunate. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this forum and hope that someone with experience will be able to reply in the future.
Albert F
New Friend

Post by Albert F »

Not sure how to help here Nancy . Are you having panic attacks or a general feeling of danger? Could be that your body chemistry is wonky or possibly a mind loop causing reoccurring fear. Sounds like you need an intervention more potent than prayer. Have you talked to your doctor about it Nancy? You are in my prayers dear heart.......Al
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hi Nancy,
Sorry to hear about your struggles.

Like Geoff, I don't have personal experience with terror, but I do know the effectiveness of a technique called EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) that is becoming widely recognized and accepted and has quickly helped people like war vets who had experienced post-war terror, nightmares and other very distressing symptoms for years prior to using this. This you-tube list may help you -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjaBZH ... sPuPl5Vgrp

Love,
Eva
NancyB
New Friend

Post by NancyB »

Thank you for your replies. I guess I didn’t have notify me when a reply is posted turned on because I’m just seeing these now. Terror is hard to put into words and sadly medical doctors haven’t been much help. It fluctuates between terror, panic and fear and seems to show up for no apparent reason mostly as sensations in the body. I continue to keep seeking trusting God will lead me to help that is needed. All prayers are welcome. I have tried EFT without much luck. I’m checking into the newer version of EFT called Optimal EFT to see if that might help. Much love to all for taking time to respond.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Testing subscription of new posts
NancyB
New Friend

Post by NancyB »

I got an email notification. Thank you!