I have not felt the love intensely....

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

I have not felt the love intensely....

Post by Geoff »

I received an email with this:
I have been praying for the divine love for 2 or 3 months. But still I have not felt the intense love in my heart. Is there any advice for me?
I did suggest they post here, as its always better to get a few different answers to this important question.

My response is as follows:

I wonder what your expectation is? I see you say "Intense". In my experience of talking about this for 12 years, I don't know of many "intense" experiences. I did have an "intense" result myself, but it was intense pain. And that was dismissed by the "experts" on the subject, who said "Divine Love never hurts". Later we found out they were only half right. It is possible to receive more love than your soul can handle, and pain can result, as it did for me, and continued that way at least 18 months.

These days my experience is far more normal. What can best be called "the peace that knows no understanding". Its blissful, but not orgasmically so. Its soul/heart warming. Its not of the nervous system, as best I can tell, although to feel anything, nerves have to be involved. I have had other spiritual experiences that involved orgasmic bliss, and the Divine Love is nothing like that.

So, that's the first thing - are you expecting the wrong thing? However people do have different sensations, so one has to be open to a range of ways in which this can be felt.

I hope that helps,

You may find this web site useful, as its all about bliss:
love,
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: I have not felt the love intensely....

Post by AlFike »

Well Geoff over forty years I think I have felt all the things you have described save physical pain. Emotional pain aplenty but no physical discomfort. When I pray for the love, very often most physical sensations that are uncomfortable or distracting seem to disappear. I have had gentle bliss, sensations like I am plugged into an electical outlet and the energy is surging through and into me,something like a rod of energy piercing my solar plexus, expansiveness, joy, golden light, floating, deep peace, laughter, soul awakening (don't know how to describe that one other than knowing from a different place), intense vibrating or shaking and many more experiences. How many of these are a direct sensation from receiving the Love, I have no idea but they are to one degree or another common to my prayer and meditation experience. To really know the experience of receiving the Love is unique and intimate to each soul. There are common experiences, to be sure, but when the soul and the mind are atuned and awaken to this sacred blessing, it cannot be mistaken for anything other than being touched by God. It's the alighnment and openess of the two conciousnesses, soul and mind that makes it tricky and illusive to have that cementing and confirming experience that erases all doubt. On the other hand, it can be felt by being overshadowed by an angel and feeling their love surrounding you. This, I suspect, is the most common first experience and in God's mercy, He makes this experience possible along with the law of attraction. This is bliss, to feel such love directed towards you. It is a taste of heaven and for most, once tasted, there is no turning back.
Very early on in my attempts to feel the inflowing of Divine Love, I sat on my couch in earnest prayer, beseaching the Father to open my soul to the inflowing of His Love. I sat there for several minutes feeling nothing, then suddenly a golden light and warmth enveloped me but I still did not feel anything. I said to God "is this it????". No answer. I opened my eyes to realize that I was facing east to an open window and as the sun rose above the horizon, I was bathed in golden light. :oops: Soon after, I did have the experience I was longing for. God does answer prayers, we just have to be there in a sincere way to know when it is happening. That is what faith is all about and having the patience to realize that these things do not happen because we will it. They happen because we are willing for it to happen. There's a difference and for God to cut through all the layers of earthly conditions that are inside and around the individual, it takes time as he blow torches His way through all that wreckage. Patience is definitely a virtue . Keep on praying and longing. It will work, it has for everyone who has made the effort. God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Here's my experience .... I prayed for God's divine love and did indeed receive it immediately. I was actually quite perplexed at the time as I felt intense pressure and thought my heart might burst. I read about Geoff's experience on his site and felt somewhat relieved that "a pain" was the love coming into my soul. The pressure at times was so intense I had to stop it, meaning, I stopped praying/meditating This went on for a couple months and it was followed by warmth in the same central part of my being; no more pain. The warmth at times is "burning" to the point that if I am congested, my sinuses are cleared as if I was in a steam bath. This happens regularly. I absolutely love this warmth; I feel as if our Father is embracing me. Sometimes the warmth lasts for hours after I have prayed. The more intense my prayers, the more intense the warmth. This is my experience thus far, only being 11 months on the path. I love knowing there will be other experiences but for now I am quite content feeling all cozy warm!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I too love the warmth Kristy. It's like coming home to a warm fire that soothes the troubles and brings deep peace and the glow stays with you until the next time we retreat from the cold world. God nurtures us in such beautiful ways that I cannot understand why more do not recognize the resource that is His Love. So much is made right by this nurturing Love and soothing peace but mankind is so distracted and fearful to just stop by the fire and let go. We are the lucky ones to know this and come to God in this way. How different life would be without this great blessing. Maybe we can share some time one day by the fire. I have a few rocking chairs if you care to join me ;) :lol: Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Kristy,
I want to echo Al's invitation to you....we love entertaining and have begun to talk about hosting another Divine Love Retreat! Not sure when it will be....but for sure there will be another one. I'm enjoying your wonderful posts and always delighted to see you there! Much love, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Al and Jeanne, many thanks for the invitation to come to your home. I would love the opportunity to sit by the fire with you and perhaps others to share stories, insights, and prayers. It would be an incredible experience for me, a rookie. Perhaps someday .....
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

We can make it happen!!! For sure! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!