Our Trip to Paradise

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

Our Trip to Paradise

Post by AlFike »

Jeanne and I have just returned from our trip to Hawaii where God guided us to meet some extraordinary people and blessed us with many wonderful prayerful experiences. We started out, as we now often do, with guidance to head out to Hawaii to do some praying and connecting. Jimbeau Walsh lives on Oahu as does Michael Nedbal and Carolyn Stokes and Gilda Holy. A very good price for airfare and Jimbeau and Gilda's help to find reasonable accommodations sealed the deal and off we went to the enchanted isles. Coming from mid winter in Canada to the fragrant and balmy lushness of Hawaii was such a gift to our senses and our souls. Jimbeau met us at the airport complete with orchid leis and warm hugs. We set off to the windward side of Oahu which is the least populated and most beautiful part. I'll take this kind of guidance any time God wants me to follow through. No sacrifice here.

Jimbeau was full of stories and questions from the time we arrived and our conversations never seemed to end. There was always something more to say. So most of the first few days was spent this way and having at least one prayer a day. We had planned a prayer for Divine Love workshop with Jimbeau which was to be held in a few days so there was lots of talk about this event. On the following Saturday afternoon the big event took place and we had a small but tuned in crowd. The location was beautiful in a church surrounded by gardens and filled with bird song. It was a prayerful and satisfying time and one of making important connections.

One such connection was with Ruth,a busy mother of three who belonged to a nearby Unity church. She suggested that we contact the pastor of her church and see if we could do something there. Geo was his name and he was a very proactive and open minded guy who welcomed us with open arms. We attended a Sunday service there and also were invited to a healing circle the next day. To my surprise the location of their church which was in a small office building in a place called Kailua and it was filled with Love. These guys were drawing in God's Love without even trying to follow our idea as to how to do so. They merely had open hearts and lovely prayerful gatherings. It was a revelation. I felt such an intensity of the Love there upon our arrival at their church as we were greeted with open and loving arms. Now in Hawaii they have something called the Aloha spirit which is a friendly ' you are family to us' kind of inclusiveness and acceptance but this Spirit in the room was definitely from God. It had a high, energetic and joyful presence which I immediately took to. Although they acknowledged Divine Love in their prayers, they did not sit quietly as we do and ask to receive it. Their prayers were aformational and were mainly lead by Geo as the minister. They sang great spiritual songs and listened to Geo pump them up like a Pentecostal minister. It was fun and inspiring and I felt inflowings of Love into my soul. This was so different to our way of doing things and I still prefer my way of prayer but I sure learned something about the power of inspirational speaking and the energy generated with enthusiastic and spiritually generous folks.

The next day was also a revelation and more up our alley in terms of prayer. We sat in a circle and talked about the power of prayer and shared our aspirations towards healing prayer for ourselves and others. Geo also gave the three of us ( Jeanne, Jimbea and myself......Gilda and her friend was also present) a time to talk about the healing power of Divine Love and to conduct a short healing prayer. A message from Peter also came through and he had much to say about how these dear souls had created a centre of light which they were entrusted to maintain. I think that Gilda and Jimbeau will continue to maintain the connection with this beautiful place as will we. I felt that we would be coming back fairly soon. I also had the impression that there would be a Divine Love retreat in Hawaii within the next year. Anyone interested?

Along with our workshop and our Unity church experience, Jeanne and I connected with Michael and Carolyn, praying with them at their regular Sunday service and receiving our framed ordination certificates. We had some lovely times with them and Jimbeau along with Eva who skyped in. Carolyn in her usual way presented us with gifts of stones and jewelry. Michael cooked up some tasty chicken and we shared a lunch at their beautiful home both Sundays we were there. We shared our thoughts on expanding the Divine Love movement and vowed to work together in the future. Another God guided connection and bond was forged there.

Gilda was a delight. She had arranged for us to stay at a military sponsored resort close to where she lives on the other ( leeward) side of the island. We had a cabin on the beach which we shared with Kristin Lortie and Michael Bailey who were with us for most of our stay in Hawaii. Gilda fed us and took every opportunity to pray with us. Such an impassioned soul and one who is up and coming in this movement. Her love of God is the cornerstone in her life and a great inspiration to me. We were together one day on the grounds of a local health center which Gilda wanted us to see and had a beautiful prayer and message there. At the end of the prayer a lady came by and was very drawn to us. This connection was an important one for Gilda as they became fast friends and this lady has connections with the local spiritual community and the health center. Gilda has been praying for God to guide her towards ways of service and I think that this connection will be an answer to prayer. Every day seemed to bring these sorts of connections and blessings.

Last but not least was our shared adventures with Kristin and Michael. They were up for whatever adventures Hawaii had to offer and were great travel companions. We often prayed together in the morning and went out to some exotic local in the afternoon. Kaiena Point was my favorite with the crashing surf, breaching wales and nesting albatross. The hike was long and hot but the spectacle of nature well worth the effort. Michael and Kristin added both fun and provided some great spiritual conversation. They were another gift from God and their support was needed in many ways. Our friendship has grown from this shared time and I know that we will be seeing one another in times to come.

This trip has confirmed once again that following God's guidance can bring many opportunities to serve and to learn. The inspiration received and the unintended experiences which came from just being open and trusting made for an unforgettable and I think important time in the flow of God's Love and Plan. I often doubt my guidance and think that I am making things up in my mind but the risk of stepping forward in this way has so far been a sound decision. Hawaii was no different. God's Hand was palpably working each day that we were there. Invaluable connections were made and deep spiritual insights were fostered within us and for those we were with. What wonderful gifts we receive when we can let go and let God be our guide. This entire trip was a powerful example of such a truth. Thank you God for your Loving and surprising gifts and blessings. My faith grows with each day that is a gift from you. My love for you continues to expand as You pour Your Love upon me. I am in Your Care and feel its enfolding peace. Thank you for all this and for whatever Your Will has in store for me. Such a beautiful journey You have guided me upon . Thank you for all of it. Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Maureen
Site Admin

Re: Our Trip to Paradise

Post by Maureen »

Al, sounds as though deeper bonds have been cultivated with others during your time in Hawaii. Of course, this will continue to as we well know from past retreat experiences .... those who pray together, stay together. It's simply a wonderful plan God has for all of us and what a Loving God to include some adventures in a land filled with beautiful flora !

While transcribing some of the messages that came through, the waves in the background allowed me to feel as though I was present in the midst of the prayer.

Thank you for sharing your experience. So pleased for all that has come from the trip and that is yet to unfold due to you and Jeanne willing to be in His Will!

With love, Maureen

oh p.s. my middle name is "Aloha" so .... I"m definitely up for a retreat in Hawaii ... it's funny to hear you say the possibility of such an event because I often found myself desiring to be in Hawaii, too (well, really who wouldn't, duh). Maybe because of hearing the waves and the birds in the messages and seeing Jeanne's beautiful pictures she posted on face book, not to mention our cool, rainy and windy weather would inspire any soul for the warm sunshine .... but as my soul would yearn for the experience, I kept hearing ... just wait , just wait. So, whatever that means I say .....
A L O H A !!!

Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al,

That was a great report, many thanks. I love the idea of a retreat in Hawaii, for one thing its pretty close by.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Yes, it was pretty amazing! Every day was God-guided, with purpose! As Al described, we met many new to Divine Love, the prayer gatherings were powerful in The Love, and I too, feel our purpose there has just begun! Yes, I think there will be a retreat within a year.....we will have to pray about this and be open to God's Will! The beautiful condo Jimbeau arranged for Kristin, Michael, Al and I seems like a good place to host a retreat.... The penthouse suite Kristin and Michael found was affordable and very spacious. Probably large enough for a circle of 25 people is my guess. Jimbeau lives in the building next door. Depending on the number of people attending, we could book several suites to share. There is also a very large conference room (up to 250 people), but my personal preference is that "less is more" in terms of building a powerful condition. If we rented two penthouses, one could be used for a kitchen, the other for the prayers. Each penthouse is two floors, with bedrooms upstairs so the layout is great for privacy. Please let us know if you're interested!

So many blessings! But still, there's no place like home! So happy to be back in our own bed, in the refreshing cool air and familiar routines! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Al and Jeanne, thank you for these glimpses of your wonderful journey in service! How affirming that each of us is called to do what we are uniquely suited to do to bring the Love fully into the world we inhabit! What a blessing to meet such beautiful souls during your time there, and to be connected with them in prayer. The world wide web is growing through your efforts, Al, Jeanne, Kristen, Michael, Jimbeau, Carolyn, Michael, Eva, Gilda, and the efforts of all those you met during this blessed trip!
A retreat in Hawaii sounds super, as does as the retreat in Frankfort. If I am guided to be part of these gatherings, I will be!
Love, Terry
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thanks to Maureen, Helge and Brian for transcribing all the messages that came flooding in while we were in Hawaii!! It was TOTALLY AWESOME -- beyond wonderful -- to have them join in with us in prayers from Namibia, New Jersey and BC -- for me to email them the voice recordings in REAL TIME and then wake up the next morning to find them transcribed in my inbox!! :lol:

No easy task since one evening we received 7 messages! Still several messages were delivered when we weren't expecting them...so have not been recorded.

Here is a beautiful sample....a message from Peter which was received with a group of "strangers" hosting us at a prayer, meditation and healing meeting in Kaneohe. Even more of a surprise to experience the outpouring of Divine Love there as we found the language being used in that beautiful church reflected more of what we might refer to as "Natural Love"!

We are deeply humbled and ever so grateful to meet those beautiful people attending the Unity Church! Maureen is posting their prayer circles (Mondays at 12:30 pm Hawaii time) on the DLSF calendar, in hopes that as many of us as possible will be able to add their prayerful support!

Thank you! Love Jeanne

Spirit: Peter
Medium: Al Fike
Date: January 25, 2016
Title: A Sanctuary of Light

God bless you, dear souls, who gather in Light, and whose souls are earnest and seek Truth and earnestly live Truth in their lives. Do you acknowledge the far reaching impact you have by doing this, my beloveds? That every action that you take, every gift of love that you give, has a ripple effect in the world bringing greater Light, bringing a kindness, love, healing to many, and how important this is, my beloveds, to act in this way in your daily lives, to walk in this Light, to be in God’s Grace. And you create here, my beloveds, a sanctuary, a place of Light, a place where you may replenish yourselves, a place where God has touched this very ground with His blessing. It is a fountainhead of nourishment for your souls. It is where His Love may reign supreme, in this place. It is a gift from God and you, my beloveds, through your prayers, through your actions, through your efforts, through your intentions, through your love, you have created a sanctuary of Light.

And God wishes for you to maintain this place of Light, to draw in those who are in need, to welcome those who come through your threshold. Be that channel of Light, my beloveds, be that channel of Light and walk your Path of Light, giving love, seeking Love, for God’s Love will pour into your souls in endless abundance if you but ask, if you open this door within you and say: “Dear Creator, I wish to receive Your Essence into my soul, I wish to walk this Path of Your Love. I wish to be a channel of Your Love in the world”. And in this you will enter the mighty flow of God’s Love and be His channels of Love and walk in this Grace that is God’s Grace.

Beloveds, know that you walk in Light. Do not allow those who would denigrate you and call you down, to have any effect upon your being and know that you walk a Path that is righteous and beautiful and full of Grace, beloveds. Walk this beautiful Path and the angels will walk with you and help you upon your way, guiding and protecting, supporting you in your efforts to not only make your life more beautiful and in harmony with God, but to make this world more in harmony with God.

Beloved souls, carry on in your efforts. Serve others through what you refer to as ‘right action’, a channel of Love. And be at peace, beloveds, for the hand of God is upon you. And you are with God in your desire that comes from your soul to be in alignment with this Divine Grace, Divine Will, Divine Love.

Beloveds, I am with you, I am Peter and I am with you in your efforts, God bless you, beloveds.
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Thank you Al for the detailed and wonderful description of yours and Jeanne's trip. Many souls were touched by your presence and having such lovely companions to share your trip with whether from the island or afar, connections were made and others strengthened as the bonds of Love brought everyone together to such a beautiful place. A retreat to Hawaii sounds like a great idea that I'm sure would attract many who have been to other retreats or who have desired to be a part of this movement but have been feeling a little hesitant. May you and Jeanne always feel the Hawaiian spirit of openness and welcome where every you travel. Thank you for the lovely message from Peter.

always with love,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

It sounds like a loving and peaceful trip to the Hawaiian Islands!

Of course, most of us have met the full cast of characters, Rev. Jimbeau, Michael and Carolyn, Kristin and Michael, and of course Al and Jeanne. However, we also had the pleasure of meeting Gilda at the Oceanside retreat, and what an instant connection we made with this beautiful soul on the Path of the Father's Love!

I'm sure many lasting bonds were created along with the new circles of light!

Mahalo, Al for sharing your experiences in this beautiful place.

Love and hugs,
Dennis
brian_holmes
Happy Camper

Post by brian_holmes »

Thank you Al and Jeanne for sharing your wonderful story. Keep up the good work!
kristin
New Friend

Post by kristin »

Yes, thank you Al, for your wonderful recap, and to Jeanne also for your post! It was a wonderful time indeed, and I enjoyed reading through the trip from your perspective. Michael and I had the good fortune to be able to share time with our divine love friends while also getting to explore the island of Oahu for the first time. I also enjoyed the trip to Kaena point with Michael and Al, and getting to see lots of whale activity and the albatross nesting while getting to know each other better.

We delighted in the opportunity to get to know Jeanne and Al better, and to learn about the history of their journey with the divine love, careers, and family, all while getting to watch their 'butterfly ministry' in action - they just keep spreading the love and good news everywhere they go, and always open to new opportunities to spread the message and to welcome any newcomers they meet along the way into the fold, just as they did with me almost exactly one year ago! I am appreciative of the opportunity to get to watch how they do it.

We also had many wonderful prayer circles together and some music, too - thanks Jimbeau for always being ready with the guitar and we even got to hear his talented band perform! We were blessed to spend time with Michael & Carolyn, Jimbeau, and Gilda - all welcoming members of our Hawaiian Oahu divine love community, and we got to visit all their warm and welcoming homes and pray for the divine love together - an extra special treat!

In addition to our hike to Kaena point, another fun nature activity we did was some snorkeling in right in front of the condo complex, and in addition to many fish, Al & I spotted 2 eels hanging out in one of the choral reefs. Another snorkeling couple excitedly told us about how they spotted a large mantaray that morning, which I would have loved to go back and find if we weren't flying out that evening - perhaps next time!

I'll share one of my favorite stories about Jeanne in 'big-bullet form' - she said that a time ago she was on a plane, watching from afar two people who seemed to be oddly matched in some respects, yet so attentive to each other that she couldn't take her eyes off of them. I think they may have been sitting in the seat in front of her & Al. Her curiosity aroused, she said she could only hold herself back so long before she had to 'inquire' as to what drew them to the plane that day, and before you know it she had struck herself up two new friends whom she used her 'angel powers' to assist them in Vancouver. That is just how she is - curious, ever ready to draw you into her fold and to find out how she can participate.

It was fun to start the year with such a big highlight, and not sure where it could go from here after starting off with a fantastic trip to paradise!