Today I am a Reverend

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

Today I am a Reverend

Post by AlFike »

I just received word today from Michael Nedbal of the FCDT church that they has accepted my ordination questions and essay . So this means that I am now a minister of this church. :D Its official and I'm very pleased with myself! It took several months to complete the course and answer 45 questions pertaining to the truths of Divine Love. Although some of the questions were challenging, I felt in the flow as I answered each one. From the feedback that I received, they were very pleased with my efforts. So theoretically I can now marry and bless people 8-) . I jumped the gun with the marrying as I did so for Dennis and Suzy here almost a year ago to the day. As for blessing others, I think we all do that every time we chose to love and be a channel of God's Love. But the official designation has its perks and can lend credibility in some peoples eyes. I'm happy to have worked with Michael and the FCDT church in order to strengthen their numbers and mission. One which I whole heartedly support. There is indeed joy in my heart today because I believe that this designation indicates another milestone in my life. Jeanne also is in the process and is right on my heals so we will be a family of reverends. We'll have to put a shingle up at the end of the driveway :lol: . Much love to you all....Reverend Fike at your service.

PS: Jeanne and I will be going to Hawaii in order to collect our certificates in January. We're looking so forward to meeting up with Michael and Carolyn, Jimbeau Walsh and Gilda. I think that others may be planning to come as well. Me thinks that a mini retreat is in the works. ;) . .
Endless journey,endless Love.
KevinO
Family

Re: Today I am a Reverend

Post by KevinO »

Oh Happy Day! Congratulations Reverend Al!
That's great news and I'm sure you aced the test. You are much revered by all who know you already. Now when you speak ad infinitum, people will say "Hark! Tis Reverend Fike blessing us with a sermon" instead of "that's just Al bloviating again."
I'm so happy for you. Bless you and your ministry!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you Kevin, I will have to redouble my efforts to spread the word copiously and vigorously ;) . May the good Lord inspire me forward! much love.....Al
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Congratulations Al! May you carry the title with humility, grace and wisdom, and may it open doors for you through which you will walk carrying the Love to all you meet, awakening the desire within them for a closer walk with God!
Love,
Terry
JAB
Family

Post by JAB »

Hi Al,

Congratulations dear friend! May it be so as Terry so beautifully and truthfully wrote!

I have to confess to a surprised feeling. Of course, I am not up to date with many aspects of your life, and this one caught me by surprise. I admire your decision and the work involved in having to do "homework" and take an "examination" and other requirements preliminary to your new "self-identity." Rev. Al Fife; I like the sound. By the way, was the title of your essay "From Gardener to Reverend."?

The surprise also involves the news about Jeanne moving in the same direction. It's a great story and worth sharing.

Let's see, Rev. Jimbeau does "Barefoot Weddings" on a beach in Hawaii ... will you and/or Jeanne do something similar in Gibsons?

You remain the same person, only now amplified. May this open unexpected doors of service and opportunity. Wear the mantle of "Reverend" with humility, dignity and a huge smile. :D

Congratulations again. With love and admiration,

Joseph
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al

Congratulations my friend. But I think most places you need more than the fcdt certificate to marry folks? Not that I think you are planning on diversifying?

Hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes, Joseph, it is a surprising turn of events. A few years back I considered getting the designation through FCNB and thought of going on their board in order to support Elizabeth but the church would not allow mediums to be ministers or hold office. This was a disappointment so I put that idea to rest. Then while Jeanne and I were riding with Helge in her car in Namibia, she told us that she feels strongly that she should become a minister for the FCNB church. While talking, both Jeanne and I felt impressed to go down that road as well. So it was a bit of guidance. Again the FCNB church would not endorse the idea because of Helge's closeness with spirit. So we collectively decided to seek our ordinations with FCDT where there are no such restrictions. We were embraced and encouraged by Michael Nedbal and gang to pursue this path and each of us signed on in April of this year. We received 45 challenging questions in 5 question increments and went to work on the answers. After completing all the answers we were to write an essay about how we experience the Love and what our ministry would look like. By the way, Jeanne received her designation today so it is truly a double celebration and I'm sure that Helge is not far behind. The entire process was not overly taxing or time consuming as it flowed well and this old brain managed to retain a few facts that were needed. I liked that we could progress at our own rate and be creative with our answers. I think that Jeanne's answers and essay took up 74 pages while mine is maybe 50. I like to write so it was a great exercise in reviewing and revealing my knowledge of the truths. Some book work was necessary but I was surprised how easily my answers flowed as I thought about the subjects. The down side is that between the ordination work and preparing for the big retreat here, I had little time to go here to write. Maybe you all enjoyed the respite :lol: .

So, does having this designation change anything? On many levels not at all. I'll never go by REV Al even though I jokingly referred to it yesterday. I was surprised how excited I was to receive the ordination because I have never been one to seek out or revere titles. I'm a bit of a rebel in that way :twisted: . So I've had one day as reverend Albert J. Fike and that is enough formality in my mind. Today I'm back to Al and happy to be here. I'm as curious as you Joseph as to why I pursued this course of action but there must be some purpose to it for future endeavors. As Geoff says, it requires a little more than a label to marry folks. Maybe Reverend beside my name might help to sell any books that I may publish. Not sure of that since society these days does not value these titles as they once did .My soul is rejoicing with this accomplishment and I suppose that is enough for now. Where it will all land up remains a mystery. I'm just happy that I faced a challenge and was successful in my efforts to work through it. It also built bridges with FCDT which was long overdue. Not that we have had conflicts but we tended to work in parallel rather than together. Now there is a strong connection and we rejoice in that.

Life surely does take some interesting twists and turns and this one certainly surprises me. I promised God that I would follow my guidance so here I am fulfilling another request from my Creator. He's steering the ship and I'm on board as much as I can be. His Plan is awesome in scope and complexity and I have such a limited view. It is only in following through with my guidance that I can hope to fit into this plan. Operating from ego and will, will only circumvent what awesome chapter may be just around the corner of my life. May we all find ourselves in that magnificent flow of our Father's Love and Will. I believe that I passed another test by complying with this guidance and the experience like all God guided ones has been to my benefit most of all. I am humbled by your wisdom dear God. May I continue to find myself through your Grace. Much love .......Al
JAB
Family

Post by JAB »

Thanks for sharing, Rev. A.,

Haha...had to laugh. Don't know why; just enjoyed reading the story behind the story.

Interesting that I once had two different "Reverends" attached to my name. The first was with the Presbyterian Church - where I actually wore "vestments" (the backward 'dog collar' and the Sunday robe and stoll). The second with the Pentecostal Church where our common attire was a suit and tie. In both I was either Rev. Babinsky, Rev. B. and sometimes Rev. Joe.

Also, interesting, I never felt led, guided, inspired or pushed to seek ordination in either the FCNB or FCDT. I've been sort of like a lone ranger (maverick, perhaps).

Thanks for sharing, Al. Hope all goes well for both you and Jeanne. Hmm, 50 and 74 pages...that's a lot of writing. I am sure it was a good experience and discipline. Wow, that was a lot of reading for someone. Does FCDT spread this work among volunteers?

With love and a hug,

Joseph
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Joseph, glad that you enjoyed the story. The ordination program for FCDT requires you to have a sponsor who reads and gives feedback to your answers. I think that this is why the questions are parsed out 5 at a time. Michael Nedbal was my sponsor and Ruth Duval Jeanne's. They are both ministers for FCDT. There is a fee which the sponsors collect so they receive some compensation for their efforts. It certainly requires some commitment but as I said, you can do it at your own pace. I think that we all enjoyed it.

I forget that you were a minister Joseph and now are not ( at least formally). I think that any of us who do this work can consider ourselves as working within a ministry. The formal designation really has no bearing on it and I would consider myself a minister before the ordination in this context. Michael Nedbal said as much as well. But for some reason yet to be revealed there is a need to have the ticket. If it were solely my decision, I would have bypassed all the work and expense and continued on as I always have. We'll see what transpires.

I also want to add a caveat to my comments about the FCNB church. Elizabeth has always been supportive of our venture and I think if there were not the restrictions which are presently in the church bylaws, we may have gone the route of ordination with them. This is not to say that we are picking sides or favoring one over the other. They both have their purpose and strengths. I don't want to give the impression of good or bad right or wrong....just different in their perspectives. Both carry Love in their hearts and in my books, that is all that matters. I support both churches and love those involved. Diversity is everywhere in God's Universe and in our thinking but in the end, the soul knows the truth. We'll all get there eventually in our own ways and own time. God bless.......Al
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Such wonderful news... Rev. Al :D and now Rev. Jeanne, it's a long way from BYU, eh Jeanne?

Congratulations my dear friends! You are both blessed and deserving, and I am wholeheartedly in support of anything that will help spread the Truths of Divine Love! If your new titles open even one door to help share His Love, then it was well worth the effort!

God bless you both with many more years of ministry, working for the Kingdom!

With lots of Love and respectful hugs to the new ministers,

Dennis