The dilemma of knowing what to do

A forum for Al to post his musings
brother dave k.
Family

Re: The dilemma of knowing what to do

Post by brother dave k. »

And God said: "Whatever you are genuinely moved by the love in your soul and its urgings to do, will have my blessings." i do not really know what God said, however ....
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Great picture Marga. Thank you Al, Dennis, Connie, Terry, Tim, Joseph, and Dave for your insightful thoughts on this topic of knowing what Gods Will is for us. This is a great topic and one I certainly struggle with every day. I have enjoyed reading everything that has been written and will take it all to heart.

I thought that I could share my own feelings on this subject. There is an expression that when we exercise our Faith God will either catch us if we fall or give us wings to fly. Gods Will is for us to fly but He wants us to try. To try and do what we feel is the most Loving decision even if it fills us with fear to do it. When we exercise our Faith by pushing our boundaries of fear to do what our “gut” tells us is the right thing to do, we are opening up our souls to more of God’s Love and forcing our material minds to loosen its hold over our soul. I have found that when I have been about to make a potentially life altering decision of what I thought was the right thing to do, God put obstacles in my way to protect me. One of the ways that he does this is through distraction. He would cause something to happen around me or to me that distracted me from what I was about to do. After experiencing this several times I realized that He was guiding me with a gentle and loving hand. From these experiences I have learned that distraction is valuable method that God and His Angels use to protect us and guide us from making poor decisions and to help us to discern what Gods Will is, or maybe it’s better to say what it is not. After experiencing this my Trust and Faith in God has grown a little bit more and I know that if I try to do the right thing but make a mistake in my decisions, He has ways to make it difficult to continue in that direction, and even if I don’t recognize this He will catch me if I’m sincere and asking for His Help.

But there is a way that we can reduce the unpleasant experiences of our sometimes ill-fated decisions and that is to listen to the guidance that the Angels are giving us. Since the Angels always do the Will of God, if we can follow their advice and allow them and God to be the pilot of our lives we will be following the Will of God. The Judas messages talk about this in detail in a message titled “Listening to Our Inner Voice”. http://new-birth.net/contemporary/hr1.htm
In this message it says there are three reasons we have difficulty listening to our inner voice. First, it is hard to distinguish our own thoughts from those our Angels are trying to impress on us. One of the ways we can distinguish their thoughts, feelings, from our own is that when they are impressing their thoughts we will feel certain sensations, a feeling that formulates in our chest much like the warm sensation we experience when Divine Love is flowing into our souls. Secondly, we have to tune into the frequency of the Angels. To do this we need to pray, pray for Divine Love and to also sustain an attitude of high spirituality. We live in a noisy world both externally and internally that acts like intense background noise. The distractions of our noisy world and our upset thoughts, especially negative ones, makes it difficult for us to “hear” their guidance, their impressions. And thirdly the encrustments that surround our soul from our incarnation into flesh and the experiences of life act like an insulating barrier that muffles the Angels impressions. And it is prayer that removes these encrustments because prayer attracts the Angels and Gods Love, and together they work to remove and tear away at these encrustments that have become like barnacles on a ship.

Letting myself to be guided by the feelings of my Heart and listening to this internal voice is difficult for sure, and I struggle mightily with it but I can Trust that God will always be there when I fail to pick me up, dust me off and say try it again son I’ll never leave your side.

With Love and hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

I felt I should clarify what I wrote about how when we stray from the path that we were being guided on that things become more difficult. The path to God is a smooth one but the obstacles and pitfalls that are there are of our own creation. When I wrote about obstacles being placed in the path as a way to guide us more directly along the path God has for us I was referring to distractions especially when a decision can be life changing but not in the way God intends for us. This is why having a clear connection to our guides and listening to our internal voice helps us to discern between those difficulties or obstacles which were created by the free-will others or by our-selves while striving to stay on the path and the course that God is calling and beckoning us Home on. When we have the Faith, the Trust that what we are doing is good and in harmony with Gods Will than no matter the challenges we encounter or the barriers we come upon we can still fill joyed and confident that we are fulfilling His Will. And our vessel, our course in life will stand strong regardless of the storms that try to beat on it. With Divine Love comes Faith and with Faith more Love and it fills our soul like adding ballast to a sailing ship. And with this ballast we will sail a course that is direct and smooth even though the waves may be large and the storms intense, and with confidence we will know that our vessel will ultimately arrive safely into the calm waters of the harbor of our Fathers Love.

with much love,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thanks for your posts, David, which reveal to me your deep soul connection to our Creator! I always feel uplifted after reading your posts! Thank you for the time and thoughtfulness and humility you put into your writings! I know you are my true brother in God's Grace! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

I too add my thanks for that post, David. It was AWESOME!

Love and hugs, :D

Dennis
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Well, I finally had a chance to read this thread from the start! I appreciate anew its importance and the insights everyone has provided. I love getting a sense of how others experience, and express, their soul guidance; to me, it is more evidence of our intended diversity! And it encourages me to reflect on how I experience my own.

I think my way of "knowing" my guidance is closest to how Connie or Dennis or David describe theirs. It is not so much as Al describes his, coming through "visuals" and "dreams" (though I have had some awesome clear-as-crystal messages through dreams). My knowing is visceral. Sometimes, when I am being guided not to do something, I will feel a tremendous inner resistance. When that wells up, I know without any doubt that that choice and the path it leads to is not in alignment with God's Will. Similarly, when I am guided to do something, I will feel a welling up of joy, excitement, expansiveness that propels me into the course I am meant to take.

The challenge to me is shifting out of my head with its pros and cons, and into my innermost quiet "space". I am finding that the answers are always there, though perhaps not in language or thoughts, more in the form of feeling states (just as Connie said).

Something else that relates to this, is that many times it will be my friends who intentionally or not, receive and share with me, guidance that helps me with my quandries. They give me clues that inform my choices. For example, I was telling two friends about my ambivalence about attending a certain workshop, and within days, each was given some information upon awakening from sleep, that helped me see clearly what I should do (not attend this particular workshop but wait for better timing to engage with this kind of experience). I have a lot of evidence like this, that shows me that Spirit use others to look after me, just as they use me to help others in their choice-making.

Once we commit to seeking a relationship with our Creator and call on the help of Celestials, we gain powerful allies who find whatever ways they can to help us make choices that express Love and are in alignment with the Divine Will. And we, here on this forum, help one another to continue to look to our souls for direction, through our modeling, our examples, our sharing with one another and our sincere prayers.

Thanks Everyone,
Love, Terry
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Thank you Jeanne, Dennis and Terry your hearts radiate Love to us all. Terry, I can relate very much to what you wrote especially about having been helped by others while struggling to be guided closer to the path that God has for us. There have been times when you have posted a response to a thread that helped me in my own personal decisions. I feel we all uplift each other as we are uplifted by God and supported by the Angels. This brotherly and sisterly Love that binds us can only grow stronger as our Heavenly Father continues to bring us all closer and closer together.

Near and far, closer together, always forever,
Everywhere He will be with us, Everything He will do for us

in Love always forever,
David
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

David, when you said...
Near and far, closer together, always forever,
Everywhere He will be with us, Everything He will do for us
. ... I thought, hey there's a song in there. Where's Tim when we need him??? :lol:
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Delightful, Dennis!! I should explain to David that "where is Tim when we need him now" is a reference to our retreat in Washington during which we all enjoyed the Divine Love Singers and Tim singing songs he composed. One of Tim's gifts is to find song lyrics in unexpected places and craft lovely tunes for them. David, your poetic writing is rightly seen by Dennis as a potentially rich source of inspiration for Tim! What say ye, Tim?

I very much agree with and appreciate what you say, David, and the way you say it!
Love,
Terry
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks everyone for contributing to this important topic. So few in our world give credence to their inner feelings and voice as a valid way to make important decisions. Yet for most of us here, this is a valuable component in our life's flow. Most others trust mainly in logic and what someone else has to say about things. We are a part of a group of mavericks who say that there is a higher source that will see us through. We are willing to listen and not fear the consequences to trusting in God's Will. In my life there have been many so called lucky breaks. We all know differently. God has gifted many opportunities and blessings which have enriched my life beyond measure and I'm sure that this is true for the rest of us. With that ever strengthening bond with God, a whole universe of possibilities await the open soul. Discerning the difference between our own will and God's Will is the key. Faith born from the Love gets us there. Cleansing our souls help us to see more clearly. Being attentive to our guidance and the signs which are given by the Angels will light the way. Knowing that God has a plan for each willing soul is a truth that we are all discovering.

We live in a dysfunctional world which suffers from layer upon layer of wrong choices made for the wrong reasons. It is difficult to navigate through this dark forest in order to bring about the highest possible outcome for our own lives. It is a testimony to the power of the Divine Love that this guidance is possible and can be clearly acted upon. God wants our happiness and our co-creative participation in bringing a higher way of living into the consciousness of our brothers and sisters as well as ourselves. All is possible because love is the highest force in the universe. We do not know all of the truth but indeed we carry valuable pieces which could enrich the lives of so many. May we continue to seek for the highest in every aspect of our lives and beings. In this way, we testify that Love is the answer. Every time that we successfully demonstrate that truth in our lives, we teach by example. And every time we fail in this choice, God picks us up and gives us another opportunity to make the right choice. Every day is a learning opportunity and a gift of Love. May we all live well.

With much love and appreciation for all of your efforts to live in the flow of God's Will. As such, we become God's trusting children and His channels of Love. May our lives be a living testimony to the truth that God is Love. God bless........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.