Soul awareness vs. the intellect

A forum for Al to post his musings
Kristy
Family

Re: Soul awareness vs. the intellect

Post by Kristy »

Dear Loved Ones, I have so enjoyed reading the posts here on this thread. I was going to respond directly after Al’s post on the 22nd, but thought I should stop and reflect first. And then came wonderful posts from Terry, Dennis, and Marion! O how I love to sit here in the comfort of my home and listen and learn from the words you all say. I will never ever take this forum for granted for it is my sole avenue (for the most part) to learning through like believers.

Please let me share my experience: As soon as I learned about the Padgett messages, I ordered them and never put them down until I had read them all. It didn’t take very long, trust me. I dove into them and immediately knew that they were God’s truth. My soul must have known. After I read them, I went back and read the “juicy” parts …. soul development, God’s Laws, how to receive the Love, etc. And then I put them aside and I dare say, I have hardly picked them up again except for clarification once in a while.

My opinion is that the Padgett Messages are by far the best source of God’s Truths. Period. And I have a rudimentary understanding of them. I am relying on my soul development to further my understanding of these Truths. So now it's time to move on to the subject of "me and God".

The Padgett messages did not tell me who I really am. They did not teach me how to meditate. They did not tell me specifically how to further develop my relationship with God. (as examples) What the Padgett messages did was to teach me the Truths and give me a yearning incentive to realize them for myself. I then started looking for material to help me with “process” or better said, execution techniques. I have selectively chosen books to read, though I have to say, not that many over the past two and a half years. I tend to read and reread the gems I find. If I can find books that discuss Divine Love, I purchase it (Judas of Kerioth, Divine Love for the Soul, Divine Love, etc). If I can find a book that suggests how to develop a relationship with God, I purchase it (The Guiding Light Within, Harmony of the Universe, The Love Divine, etc.). But again, I am very discriminating in my selection and if I do biff, I toss the book (most are electronic). As Terry has so eloquently written about, one can feel the words read, through the soul. Sometimes mine quivers with emotion and then I can feel God touch me (physically).

Knowing God’s Truth about Divine Love certainly helped me to put to practice what “Lytske’s” indwelling spirit suggests in The Guiding Light Within. However, I do believe that some (not necessarily me) could develop an awesome relationship with God through Lytske’s words without knowing the term Divine Love or reading Padgett's messages. What a person needs to desire is an in depth relationship with God, a yearning for His Love, and finally, a desire to move towards a life that loves unconditionally. This is what I believe, but this has not been my path. My path has been first learn the Truths, and then develop the process through other materials. My process is now working for me and thankfully that's all I have to worry about!

And of course prayer has been the third leg. I pray all the time, for those requests made on this site, for others in need, for me who has many dark spots, etc. Well, actually, if I had a fourth leg, I would say it’s the messages received by our contemporary mediums. I get so inspired and overwhelmed at times through these messages even if what is said is a repeat. I treat each one as if it came directly to me …. it feels like personal guidance and I need all the reminders I can get.

Enuff rambling! Such a lovely thread. Thank you, with Love/love, Kristy
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

P.S. in my prior post, Dear Marga, I called you Marion. No idea why .... my apologies!
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

Al wrote,
Here however, in this place of discussion around the truths of Divine Love, I believe that defending Padgett is very appropriate.
Dear Al, it's very likely I don't know what you know. But why do you feel that Padget needs defending? Defending for what? I wouldn't dare pretend to know how others feel, but I could see someone along my line of thinking, but with perhaps less cautiousness, read this and think right away of a religious undertone. Now who's to say that's a problem anyway? But I thought I should put it out there anyhow.
With Blessings!
Doles
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Kristy for your very balanced and honest description of your studies and Divine Love pursuit. Your level headedness is an example for all of us. My somewhat narrow thinking is a bit over balanced towards the orthodox but we all travel the path in our own way . I believe that when looking from the big picture perspective, it all leads to the same place. I suppose the difference for me is that I have had the very unique and privileged opportunity to be mentored by spirit. I was also mentored by a very dedicated and committed Divine Love follower who was also a medium. Other committed souls who have been long time Divine Love followers have had their input as well. In retrospect, everywhere I turned, I was being nurtured along the Divine Path. This incredible journey has had many sign posts along the way which were direct teachings from the Celestials to guide my progress. So rather than book reading, I was mostly tutored by spirit. Of course every medium has their slant on things as does every book. My perspective is then rather unique as has been my education although I have certainly read Padgett more times than I can count. I'm not saying this to indicate any level of credibility or wisdom beyond the norm. Really, if you met me....you would say HIM??? :? :lol: . I'm not imbued with any sort of spiritual aura or charismatic personality which would indicate someone special. Just a regular guy who is somewhat eccentric and a little unique. But aren't we all unique in our own way? Kristy, lately I have also been reading the Judas Book and am enjoying it thoroughly . And I absolutely agree with Terry's comment about allowing the spirit of truth indicate the validity of the writings.

Doles, I don't know if you read through the entire thread but I think that you would understand why I was bringing up Padgett as I did. Religious undertones or not, I thought he needed some emphases in the conversation but hey, that's my perspective. Others, like yourself have added to this and so the conversation goes. Not to be wide read is to be narrow and may lead to judgment and being too diffuse can lead to a lack of focus. we all have to find that balance. That balance will be unique to each individual. Some have insatiable curiosity about many subjects ( I'm thinking of Geoff here) and others are true fundamentalists ( I could name a few but will not here). What is important (and I think that this has been emphasized a few times in this thread,) is that we open ourselves to the Divine Love. If reading a love story,l does it for you, then why judge it? It is the end result that counts. Going forward is always the goal. Opening up to new truths is good..... in balance. There are no rigid prescriptions and we all have the blessing/curse of free will. God will not interfere with our decisions but is always there to guide us towards truth. May we all get there sooner rather than later. With love........Al

PS: it seems that I have completely reversed direction :shock: in my thinking but that is what a good thread will do for you. Thanks folks for your input and your education.
Endless journey,endless Love.
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

A good thread it is, indeed Al. Well, I guess I'd let you down, God forbid if you were to go before I do! Because I would not defend you...not that I could anyway nor would it matter. And I'm sure I'll let down many others I will not defend. I guess that's the blessing of not knowing much...perhaps you can't engage much. But I honor you! I love you! I respect you! I'll definitely share my experience, if I have any. I'll definitely talk of your and others' great works. But that's where it'll end. I'll present what little I have and let the chips fall where they may...er, let others decide whatever resonates with them...like it's the case on this beautiful forum.
With Blessings!
Doles
TimJ
Happy Camper

Post by TimJ »

Hi All!

There’s a lot of great exchange in this thread. A few thoughts surfaced while I was reading here that I’d like to share:

Intellect is where we embark on our Divine Love journey. Although we’re granted direct communication with the Greatest Soul from the day of incarnation, possibly prior, we’re not initially a part of that soul any more than your thoughts are a part of you, a product of willful choice. The first use of your will to approach Father directly, including every approach beyond that, hinges upon choice. You’re given all the tools you need to move forward in Love, but until you willfully start using them, they’ll continue to wait there, patiently.

Willful choice. Thinking about this almost always makes me crack a smile. It took me a while to realize it, but the fact that you and I are the product of choice is fascinating. If we are to accept that you and I are first and foremost soul, Father’s handiwork, then our immersion into this physical and spiritual experience, to be individualized, is the product of his choice. It’s no accident that you’re here, now. No matter how seemingly endless the amount of souls in this expansive universe is, you are now you and always will be. You are unique and were called into being, if for no other purpose, than to be you. I think it’s important to know this because knowing who we are and why we’re here makes it easier to love ourselves and that’s what makes loving others possible.

Why are we here? Now that I understand that my purpose for being here (now) is to be a part of your experience, just as you are here to be a part of mine, I can finally focus on the big goal: to love my brothers and sisters, everywhere I find them, as Father loves me. This is what it’s all about and to reach this goal requires an understanding far beyond where intellect can take us. I’m not even sure we can see this goal without Father. I know I certainly couldn’t. Hmm, a quote comes to mind:
Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny.
Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)
As Carl suggests, in this case, at-onement with Father is the ideal. We won’t reach him with our hands (intellect), but with careful planning, determination and his star to guide us, we’ll keep moving in the right direction.

Consider that intellect relies on the exchange of ideas. I tend to conceptualize ideas as things created through our thought process, but they are how intellect gets around. They may be spoken, written or otherwise transferred. The trouble with an idea is that it is only as full of Truth as its creator is capable of filling it (A river doesn’t rise any higher than its source). Ideas may contain Truth, but Truth does not contain ideas. As Jesus relayed through JP, “Truth is of itself, a thing apart”. I think this is the major reason why improved rapport, through soul improvement, is so crucial to relaying truth through mediumship or for any of us, as individuals, to be able to discern truth in ordinary words: to receive and decode an idea properly, certain conditions must exist. This is also why I think that a medium’s personal connection to Father is the hallmark of substantial, truth-rich content. Hallmark. Really? Where did I drag that word out of?

Kristy, Thank you for sharing your experience! I enjoyed your writing, ramble or not, so don’t let that slow you down.

I don’t dwell in the messages either; although I do reference them at times. I didn’t take to them instantly, I had a few hurdles to clear first, but I eventually dove into them too. They’ve clearly allowed me to change my life for the better, and I’m grateful for that yet I haven’t stopped looking for other perspectives. I don’t think we’re supposed to. While it’s fine to pause and enjoy one perspective for a while, without change, progress is impossible and there’s still a lot about me that needs to improve.

Well, I hope you’re having a great day, full of Love and blessings, wherever you are.
Tim
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Love your comments here TimJ. Very well articulated and conveyed. A thoughtful essay to be sure and it appears that your perspective is balanced and clear. Because of this, I think that it is a gift to any seeker who reads this because it truly does contain wisdom. May the Love Divine continue to be your guiding star Tim. Thank you for sharing here and bringing another jewel of extreme clarity. Much love to you.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Tim J,

Your post was absolutely wonderful and so precised and full of truth. Thank you so much for sharing. Appreciate your taking the time to lay it out so brilliantly.

Dear Al,

Thank you so much for defining your perspective about the Divine Love Path and why the Padgett Messages are so important due to the wealth of material that is contained there in to bring true seekers into the right place and help them understand just what their souls have hungered for and not necessarily recognize until they found answers to so many questions in their own belief (intellectual) system all these years. I truly understand you better, like Terry said, because what you wrote demonstrated that are stedfast in your focus now, and there is no turning back. Excellent!!

Dear Kristy,

Loved what you wrote and please don't worry about spelling my name wrong! As many times that I have butchered others names on this site. :oops: Please. I accept your apology, and know that I love you for all that you share here. Looking forward to meeting you in person some day soon.

Dear Terry,

Thank you for all that you've said here. We are on the same page....even though my perspective may not be as high as yours. Please know that I love you so much -- you are my sister in Christ.

Much love and respect to you all,

Marga