A prayer for God's Love

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

A prayer for God's Love

Post by AlFike »

My dear gracious God,
Take me into your arms of Love and carry me to that place of full and peaceful communion
And may I truly come to know you as my own loving Heavenly Father.
That in this knowing, I may come to know myself in the light of truth and honesty.
That I may come to you without fear or shame but with the innocence of a child,
Trusting that in all things you are Love and in all things you know me as your beautiful creature.
And when I am weary of the world, may you lift me up above the fray and give me respite in the stillness of your presence.
And when I rejoice in the blessing that is your gift of life, may we join together in raucous laughter and joy of what is and what can be.

Dear Creator, may I know life within the light of your holy presence.
That the gift of your living waters of Love pour into me .
And as I quench my thirst at this fountainhead may I drink long and deeply for this thirst never ends and your manna is infinitely abundant.
That in this gift may there be a great opening within myself that gives my soul the vision of your creation that cannot be seen with my earthly eyes or heard with my ears or known with my feeble mind.
That the fire of your beloved gift of Love ignite an awakening within that changes me from a child of man to a child of God
And in these changes may I never turn away from that infinite path to atonement with you.

You have given me the gift of choice dear Father and I rejoice in this freedom.
May I choose for my soul to be freed from the shackles of the human condition and reside in the clarity and loving abundance that comes with your redemptive touch.

May you guide me as I attempt to live this life as your servant and harbinger of your Love.
When I walk in those dark places, may you guide me through and help me to bring light as I pass.
And no matter where I may be, may I walk in the light of your presence and be an instrument of your Will.
May I always be as generous in Love as you have shown to me and be ever willing to allow your Love to flow through me to others.
And in this gift of abundant life, may I give abundantly in life.

Father your Love has brought blessings that are both seen and unseen.
You have touched everything within me and about me.
For this I am beyond grateful.
In this I am beginning to understand what Love is.
Without you, I am a seed that sleeps in the cold earth.
With you I am awakened and full.
May you continue to nurture my soul that I may some day be that being that you have created in all it's uniqueness and beauty.
And as I make my life within you and your life blood pulses within me, may you show me all truth and the beauty that is your creation.

Show me how to grow strong and beautiful.
Another tree in your garden.
That I may bloom in loving tribute to you, my beloved Father.
I am newly awakened but already I see that I have a place in your infinite garden.
How lucky I am to know this so young and new.

Your Love brings miracles beyond knowing
Life full of potentials yet undreamed of,
I see in you everything is possible and nothing overlooked.
Help me to face each new day with this awareness and joyfully so.

I feel your touch upon me
And in this, I know that you will guide me beyond my half truths and help me to shed my leaden shoes so that I may learn to walk fervently and resolutely in truth.
To walk this earth without fear and reticence.
That in faith I walk the path lit carefully by your angels who know your will so very much better than I.
I trust the way will be shown
May I have the strength to catch my stride with ease and confidence.
Yet have the humility to know who leads me .
May I have no doubt in this .

Father, thank you for loving me,
For showing me the way to your Love.
I will honor this gift always.
I love you.
Amen.
Endless journey,endless Love.
arie2012
Family

Re: A prayer for God's Love

Post by arie2012 »

Wow, that's beautiful, Al...
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

Beautiful it is indeed, Arie!
With Blessings!
Doles
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Dear Al,

This is indeed an inspired prayer that you have shared with us. Thank you for sharing! I agree with Arie and Doles, it is indeed beautiful.

I noticed how the prayer begins with ascription to "GOD", and then moves softly and lovingly to the "CREATOR" and then to "FATHER". You speak as a very grateful son.

I paused when I read the following:
Show me how to grow strong and beautiful.
Another tree in your garden.
That I may bloom in loving tribute to you, my beloved Father.
I am newly awakened but already I see that I have a place in your infinite garden.
How lucky I am to know this so young and new.
I see the happy gardener in these words! I have only one suggestion, and please see this as not a criticism, and please do not change a thing if you feel the choice of the word "lucky" should remain. In one sense I do see why you chose this word, yet, personally, I do not see ourselves as "lucky" people, but "blessed" children. Thus ... How blessed I am to know this so young and new.

With gratefulness to you for sharing this wonderful and inspired prayer.

Hugs,

Joseph

PS I meant to add ... I will copy and print this prayer and use it in meditation and prayer. Quiet music, candle light and your inspirational prayer in hand -- this will be an awesome experience. I'll let you know how it goes. :)
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Jan
Family

Post by Jan »

Al,

Beautiful - The whole prayer is beautiful! The words that spoke the most to me is quoted below because I want so much to understand and know my Soul and God's Soul so that I can receive more of his Divine Love and we become one.
That in this gift may there be a great opening within myself that gives my soul the vision of your creation that cannot be seen with my earthly eyes or heard with my ears on known with my feeble mind.
That the fire of your beloved gift of Love ignite an awakening within that changes me from a child of man to a child of God
And in these changes may I never turn away from that infinite path to atonement with you.
Your Sister,
Jan
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

thank you for this beautiful, soul stirring prayer! I miss you! I want to pray with you! Love you forever! Jeanne xo
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
IRISHTIM
New Friend

Post by IRISHTIM »

Profoundly beautiful,
Simply elegant.
Tears of joy
Fill my soul.
Dear Al
I thank you.
Thank you Father.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you everyone for your responses. Yes, the angels were with me as I wrote this but they were my words, just words coming from that other place inside of me. Being here on the Sunshine coast in my mini retreat, quietly contemplating and feeling God's Grace all around me helps me to write in inspired ways.

I'm sorry Joseph that you preferred blessed over lucky but if you wish to print out this prayer, please change the word to your liking. I do feel incredibly lucky to have the life I am presently living. Since free will is so predominant in life, sometimes I feel that plain luck brings us to where we are at any given time. Not the luck of the gambler but the luck of making a seemingly innocent choice that leads to great outcomes. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose. Who knows how much is really guided by the Angels? I could be deluding myself as to how involved I am in making these seemingly innocent decisions. Whatever the case may be, I'm happy to go there because here for the Grace of God go I!

I'm happy that these words have inspired some of you. This prayer is my poem to God. Much love to you.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
rev.tim
Happy Camper

Post by rev.tim »

Dear Al,

I would like to add to the other responses my sincere thanks for sharing this prayer. I printed it and will use it, as Joseph suggested, as a "lectio divina"--sacred writing--before my evening prayer.

Thank you, again, Al.

Your brother in Christ,
Tim Foley
rev.tim
Happy Camper

Post by rev.tim »

Hello again Al,

Our postings crossed in cyberspace, and I just want to acknowledge and respect that you want us to know, as you said, "that the angels were with me as I wrote this but they were my words, just words coming from that other place inside of me." (And may I add, not to be considered "sacred writings".)

I will use the prayer or maybe just a paragraph or two at a time as an aid to maybe help open the doorway for me and spirit friends before my evening prayer. Hope that is more clearly said than in my previous response.

Thank you, again, Al.

Your brother in Christ,
Tim Foley