I'm Retiring

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

I'm Retiring

Post by AlFike »

Well folks after a long journey of toing and froing about giving up my day job, I've decided that now is the time to pass the hoe onto someone else. My angel friends have been suggesting for a year now that it is time to do so but in typical stubborn and cautious Al style, I have resisted this invitation. My mind is not overly joyful at the prospect of giving up some lucrative contracts that took me years to nurture. I have customers that I have had for decades. If you have ever had your own business, then I'm sure you can relate when I say that it is hard to let go of something that you have built for many years. The ego does not release such control readily but my soul is jumping for joy :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I know that my life will not now slow to a snails pace in accordance to my reduced income :( rather this will be a transition to a new career and way of life dedicated to spreading and living these truths in ways that a few years back I would have thought unimaginable. I believe I may have twenty good years left in this aging body to work diligently for God's Truth and Love. I have had a good carreer, raised a family, traveled the world and experienced life in full measure. If I passed over tomorrow, I can't say that I have missed out on anything. Now is the time to let go of a life all about ME and give the remainder to serving God's Will as fully as I can. I know that I will be guided and I already see landmarks set upon the road ahead. This dedication will, I hope, free me from any encumbrances to fulfilling my purpose and calling. It's a crazy, beautiful journey folks and I'm now willing to ride this bigger, faster roller coaster that is God's doing. Wish me luck and an ability to discern what is next and most of all the bravery to take those steep dips into unknown territory.

I think that part of this journey will include more time spent here in commentary and contemplation. I hope I will be able to better contribute to this loving place than in the past where I have dashed off opinions that at times have not been well considered. Now that I may ( hopefully) have the time and inclination to communicate in a more thoughtful and considered way, possibly you will all come to accept a less reactive side of me. May I toss the 'old blankets' aside for a more diplomatic and loving approach. I'll try my best folks and as always, I love all of you here. With great love and appreciation......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Re: I'm Retiring

Post by Geoff »

Dear Al,

I know this has ben a hard call for you to make, so congratulations. Soon life will be so busy, you will wonder how you ever had time for work.

hugs
Geoff
Connie
Busy Bee

Post by Connie »

Wonderful Al, Congratulations, dear friend.
Love always, always love,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty - God's gift to you is Truth
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Congratulations, dear Al.

I agree with Geoff that soon you will wonder how you ever had time for your business with so much you have to do. What is your customers' loss is truly mankind's gain as you will bring so much to the spreading of these Truths. I, for one, look forward to hearing more from your deep experience and wisdom, whether they be posts here on this forum, emails, or personal visits.
All will be enjoined and cherished for the time shared with all of us :D

Cheers, and much love and hugs,

Dennis
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Wait a minute! Not fair! My turn isn't until March 31, so I guess Al will be cooking, cleaning and taking care of all our household chores, right -- while I'm still slaving away 50 hours a week. I have a long list waiting for his attention ;) .
All kidding aside, I'm very happy Al's finally succumbed to his guidance and I can't wait for all the new spiritual adventures to unfold. Let the games begin! Love and congratulations, dear! Jeanne xo
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Haha Jeanne! Yes, right you are! You were first, weren't you ;)! Doesn't do any harm to a man to be cooking and cleaning for a while :P

No serious: I'm so happy for the two of you that you are about to start a whole new chapter in your lives!! It's so great that you've both come to the point to give up the "old and trusted" an to embark on a new journey. Well, not that new of course, you've already been sailing the seas quite a lot ;) !

What a bliss for all of us and the world to soon have you both completely available to spread the Love!! That's just wonderful and I cannot await all the things that are to be taking place in the near future.

Promise that - as soon as you can - you will grant us a visit in Frankfurt before you'll have your agendas all stuffed up!!

Much, much Love from both of us,
Arie & Marion
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Dear Al, heart felt congratulations on your retirement ! What a gift that both you and Jeanne will have the luxury of time to spend as you are moved. I pray that you have a tranquil and peaceful transition into a future full of Love, Happiness, Good Health, and Rewarding Life Experiences. May God's Peace and Love be with you. With love, Kristy
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you dear friends and bossy wife for your heart felt approval and good wishes for my future. I would love to come to Frankfurt this summer Arie and my bet is that we will be coming before the end of next year. I was told many years ago that I would be traveling the world teaching and demonstrating these truths. My mind over the years has been skeptical of such a prospect but my soul always knew this to be true. Now I believe this is coming to pass and the way is cleared for this chapter to unfold. There is so much work to do to bring these simple truths to the consciousness of mankind and the route that must be taken in order to do so requires faith and trust in God's Will and Plan.

I was brought up to be independent and resourceful. Our culture in Canada is like that. We do for ourselves and take pride in what we do. I have been moderately successful in my career and my personal life. In retrospect, I think a lot of that success was because I knew the next steps because of my guidance and because of the support from God and His Angels. We never went without anything and in many ways lived a high end life on a modest budget. Jeanne and I have both worked hard in our careers. Because of the nature of Jeanne's career, she gained much more public recognition. My work life has been much quieter and simpler. I've come to appreciate over the years that when you are a high flyer, you have the pressure and expectations to remain aloft . I have been content to keep my feet on the ground. In this way, I was always happy in my earthy labors. The down side is that Jeanne has had a tremendously positive impact with her skills and her light. She has nurtured and cultivated beauty in other people while I have tried to bring beauty to this world in other ways. I hope I am not giving the impression that I am disappointed with how my life has turned out thus far. I merely wish to reflect upon and appreciate the beauty of the simple life that I have lead up until now. I think however that this is about to change dramatically. I think it is time for my kite to fly and for this simple and grounded gardener, I suppose I had better get used to being in the air.

All indications are that the time is upon us to truly commit to this calling to bring our truth forward. For Jeanne and myself, I believe some of that calling will entail working in Europe . I believe that we will in the not too distant future be working out of Blackpool England and combining our efforts with the World Healing Center to create outreach from there to various parts of Europe and beyond. An invitation has been put on the table to do so, we are presently attempting to unravel the implications of this and trying to put the pieces of this puzzle together into something that makes sense. How long it will take to make concrete something that is just an idea and a vision given through guidance is anyone's guess but I do feel that the coming year will be very busy. Your wishes for us Kristy for time to contemplate and to relax may not come to pass. There is a Divine intent that seems to be building for us to act and act decisively. Timing is crucial here as this heavenly plan takes shape here on earth. I think in the near future we will all be asked to sacrifice in some way our comfortable lives for something greater. Thus early retirement is something I willingly take because of the compelling call that is ringing in my ears. I think God is calling in His investments in us and others so that we may fulfill a greater purpose. What that will look like I'm sure will be surprising and so far those parts of the picture that I now see are unexpected and a little bewildering. My limited vision is no match for the Divine understanding that seems to be drip fed to us day by day.

Changes are coming and have come in our lives and probably yours too as God reveals all in good time. We will be working together in a guided and harmonious flow that will take shape as we are all willing to join together in this work. This does not mean that our lives will be turned upside down and our security threatened by abandoning our jobs etc. When you are guided by God's Will, all falls into place harmoniously and with positive outcomes for all involved. Yes, there could be an element of sacrifice but that will be done willingly as our souls feel compelled to go there. The joy will overcome the pain of any perceived losses. The world needs to be shifted into a more positive direction. God needs us to be instruments for this change. If we are attuned to the Divine source, we will be each guided in our steps to facilitate change and light. Praying and listening is the key. Praying for the Love will bring us what we need to know and when we need to know it. We will assist and support one another as the angels do the same for us. Our family will grow in surprising ways and we will all come to know some very beautiful souls as we join together in this work of love. There is so much that is poised to be gifted to us as we are willing to step out in faith and love. Everyone is needed and has a place and a role to fulfill and the time is short my friends. Everything you do for light and in the flow of God's Will and Love changes the world a little bit. As we combine our efforts, we can as God's instruments leverage that mighty boulder of resistance that stands in the way of mankind understanding and practicing the simple truth of Love out of the way. This will take great effort but anything is possible with faith and God's mighty hand at our backs.

So I hope my post here has inspired you a little to think about how God can use you to heal this world. May you be gifted with insight and true understanding of your own soul's potential to change the inner and the outer world. Ignited by the Love, we will be the vanguards for truth. Please join us in this work. God knows we need all the help we can get. God bless for now........Al
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your prayers! Al left our chilly snow scape here in Vancouver this morning after a lovely white mantle of peace descended upon us in the night to have a solitary 2 day prayer vigil! I'm left here (toiling) away at work in Vancouver :( while Al's gone to the Sunshine Coast to be alone with God. He's praying for a clearer vision and deeper understanding about our purpose.
How I envy him and love him for his dedication! May we all join in a pre-Christmas prayer vigil, each of us, individually and collectively, to hear our calling from Heaven! May we all be used as channels of Light and Love, BE in God's Grace at this Holy Season and always!
Merry Christmas hugs,
With love and gratitude, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes, I have retreated into the wilderness. I have crackers and water standing by with a fireplace all aglow ;) . I don't know why Jeanne advertised this vigil but now that it is public, I'm sure you are standing by with curiosity and somewhat baited breath :roll: . Now I have to do this rather than allow myself to be distracted.
I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for your support....I'll need it. By the way, there is no snow here.......only in the city. But it is damp, cold and dark. Only a few weeks and we will be heading for sunny, warm California. Put on the pool heater Dennis........I'm coming with my swim suit.
Much love to you........Al