About spiritual gifts.

A forum for Al to post his musings
cristinaluciana
New Friend

About spiritual gifts.

Post by cristinaluciana »

Hello Al: Can a person choose the spiritual gifts as much as we want or is about God's will :?:

Love
CristinaLuciana
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: About spiritual gifts.

Post by AlFike »

Spiritual gifts are just that Cristina, gifts from God embedded in the soul that await awakening with the inflowing of the Divine Love. We are born with them and can choose to expedite them and bring them to our conscious life or allow them to sleep. So in one way they are ours to exploit and in another way, they are God's to give. Pushing these gifts to consciousness in an aggressive way can lead to unforeseen consequences. Every gift comes with a price and having gifts without spiritual and psychological maturity can be damaging to the psyche. So be careful what you wish for. Living in this world is hard enough but living in two worlds ( the spirit and the physical) can be difficult indeed. If these gifts emerge in harmony with the expansion of the soul through receiving God's Love, there should be an easy and harmonious transition from one reality to the other reality. The Love seems to be the key to opening these doors in the right way and the right time.
I hope this helps Cristina. May you be blessed with the full knowledge of His Love. Thanks for the question.....Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
cristinaluciana
New Friend

Post by cristinaluciana »

Hello Al: I'm sorry but what do you mean by that: "Every gift comes with a price and having gifts without spiritual and psychological maturity can be damaging to the psyche. So be careful what you wish for. Living in this world is hard enough but living in two worlds ( the spirit and the physical) can be difficult indeed."
Could you please help me to anderstand it? Thank you!
Love
Cristina
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Mediumship comes with increased emotional and psychic sensitivity and clairvoyance can be disorienting as you see two worlds at once. You get the picture Cristina, one starts to live in two worlds and one feels the energy or spiritual conditions of others in what can be a very acute awareness. There is no more hiding behind facades as you can really sense the other persons state of being. This can be hard in such a harsh world. The world gets a little crazy and big adjustments are required to regain equilibrium. And once these doors of sensitivity are opened, it's hard to go back to your old numb state and sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I hope this helps Cristina. Much love.................Al
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Al,

I had a question in regards to your comment here:
There is no more hiding behind facades as you can really sense the other persons state of being. This can be hard in such a harsh world.
Because that is one thing that I noticed started happening with me when I would pray with someone. Not always, but a couple of times, while I was praying for a person, it felt as if their deep inner pain or deep hurt was unbearable. I started crying and it felt like it was due to this feeling of hurt. So, I told her I'd call her back to quickly end the phone call. But the lady called me back because she too was sensitive, and knew that I had tapped into her pain and she didn't want me to suffer because of it. But the crying did not stop that quickly.

Then another time, I was praying for a co-worker, and I could literally feel her deep pain (not from an illness) had to excuse myself after finishing praying for her and go to the lady's room. Once there I let out the cries of pain in order not to disturb or frighten the person I was praying for.

Nevertheless, in both cases, the hurt or deep pain that I felt did subside, but it helped me to understand why that person was a little rougher around the edges and carried themselves with walls up. Yet, another thing it showed me was God's love and compassion for them. Thus, I could now see them through His eyes, and not through eyes of flesh and judgement on my part. Furthermore, the Lord was still a gentleman and did not let me see the source of the hurt or pain, just enough to let me know what was inside of them.

Now is there a course or books already out there to help people deal with this type of issue in order for those that will have various spiritual gifts come forth (or taken to a new level) as they acquire more of the Divine Love? That way we don't trip out and try to suppress the gifting. Hope this makes sense and that I am not giving apples and oranges comparisons.

Appreciate any light you can shed on this.

Marga
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I think you are asking the wrong person here about books. I'm not a great reader these days of spiritual books. I find that they distract me into my head rather than staying in my heart. I think Geoff could answer this question. He has a great library of spiritual books which I have seen in his home. I'm sure he can recommend the right book. My own learning seems to come best with experience and prayer. I know it is difficult not to take on the energetic condition of another if you are in a deep rapport or empathy with that person. This is the downside of having these gifts. Sometimes we feel too much and it can be overwhelming. Always ask for the cloak of protection from all spirits and influence that are not Celestial. This helps a great deal. Good luck to you and God bless.........Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Marga M. wrote: Now is there a course or books already out there to help people deal with this type of issue in order for those that will have various spiritual gifts come forth (or taken to a new level) as they acquire more of the Divine Love? That way we don't trip out and try to suppress the gifting. Hope this makes sense and that I am not giving apples and oranges comparisons.
Dear Marga,

Not that I am aware of, but thats because I follow my interests, and so far I have not been interested in this topic - that of being an empath. What you are in effect asking, is that you still be able to sense the condition, but that it not affect you for any period of time.

I do not think that the "cloak of protection" applies however to sensing others soul condition. But I do know that folks do create silver bubbles of light, and some claim that they can work. I understand the "cloak of protection" to be a statement of will that dark entities be kept at a distance. And as has been discussed many times here before, I am not enamoured of it. There is only one way to be unaffected by dark entities IMHO, and that is to have a soul condition beyond their reach. But we don't all agree on that. :lol: And I tend to think of the silver bubble as pretty much identical to the cloak of protection, excepting that you can imagine yourself inside an impervious sphere. It would be a challenge to channel from inside an impervious sphere?

hugs
Geoff
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Al,
My own learning seems to come best with experience and prayer. I know it is difficult not to take on the energetic condition of another if you are in a deep rapport or empathy with that person. This is the downside of having these gifts. Sometimes we feel too much and it can be overwhelming. Always ask for the cloak of protection from all spirits and influence that are not Celestial. This helps a great deal.
I think my question was worded wrong. Because I was hoping you had dealt with the difficulty of taking on the energetic condition of another when you are in a deep rapport or empathy with that person was more of what I was hoping you'd dealt with making the adjustments yourself. But I don't know IF that is how you feel situations or conditions when you channel. However, I don't consider myself a vocal channeller or a medium.

However, I believe that the "empath" situation is correct. Plus, has been apart of me since before receiving Divine Love. Since most of my life, I'd been working in the church and had to pray for people prior to receiving Divine Love. There was a time when I could feel someone's sorrow, but before Divine Love when that happened it was because after the prayer that person no longer had it. I had it, and took it with me (not crying or overly sorrowful). Then the actual feeling of sorrow went away like it evaporated. Hope that makes sense.

Now, after receiving the Divine Love the prayers got way more intense. But NOT taking on illness or symptoms. For example, the 1st time I noticed it was one night after Bible Study at a ladie's house. When the Lord (Angel? Guide?) asked me to pray for my Bible Study teacher. I didn't feel qualified to do it, so I looked around to see IF someone else could do it (like the lady that had invited me), I looked for her but she was gone. Then I heard, "I asked you to do it!" So, I asked her if I could prayer for her, and she said yes and then asked the lady (owner) of the house to join us.

As the prayer started it just seemed that the power of the Lord came down and covered us in the shape of a bubble. It felt like I was only used as a conduit because of the amount of power that flowed through me. Plus, I was guided to place my hands on different locations on her. For instance, holding both of my hands to her hands up flat, then hugging her, then I believe on her head. Once the prayer was over, I had to walk around, and shake the power off or out of me. All three of us felt it. Like being in another realm. My teacher told another person, it felt like shikana glory! It was wonderful and blew me away.

Did share that story with Elizabeth, and Jocelyn Hareleston about what happened at the Bible study. However, it was Jocelyn who she told me that the lady I'd prayed for had received two healings during that prayer. I didn't even know she was sick. I thought I was praying because she was super tired with working full time and teaching two Bible studies. However, Again, I didn't feel her illness or symptoms, but I did feel the power that was flowing inside of that bubble...we all did.

Okay, I needed to catch my breathe after reliving that. But I believe the idea of the "Clock of Protection" is great for protecting yourself against any low level or dark spiritual attacks prior to channeling. But would you consider healing prayer channelling? Maybe yes ? Not sure, but I was being used as such that night. Thus, I will have to take your other advice and pray about it because I didn't feel that the other two lady's pain was evil spirits though. It felt more like what they were holding onto from the blows from their life experiences. Therefore, I'll ask the Lord to help me understand what I need to do prior to praying for someone; OR will He help me not feel too much. Thank you.

Much love to you and yours,

Marga

Dear Geoff,
There is only one way to be unaffected by dark entities IMHO, and that is to have a soul condition beyond their reach. But we don't all agree on that. :lol: And I tend to think of the silver bubble as pretty much identical to the cloak of protection, excepting that you can imagine yourself inside an impervious sphere. It would be a challenge to channel from inside an impervious sphere?
Okay, you have the right idea of having a challenge to channel from inside an impervious sphere. Thus, what happened with my Bible Study teacher...as I started praying, we were engulfed INSIDE of a bubble. Spiritually you could actually feel it as a circular enclosure. And the power was within that bubble. Most of the attendees had gone home prior to my approaching her (thank God, I was so nervious).

Now, going back to the original post scenario. So, Geoff you too believe that the deep pain that I felt was because of dark spirits? I'm not so sure because the lady at work, when we had another prayer one day, I felt the an evil spirit actually leave her while we prayed. Thus, that is why I believe the deep pain that I felt (on other occasion) was her condition after enduring difficult or hurtful situations in her life. (Hope that makes sense) Both of the ladies from the previous posts had rough exteriors and like a clip on their shoulders. Thus, IMHO needed God's love and compassion, etc.

Well, gentlemen, thank you both so much for trying to help me. This is still new to me (and us) with sensitivities being heightened. Thank God too that this does NOT happen all the time with me. :lol: IF anyone else has had to deal with heightened gifts or got new ones that can lend some advice on how you had to learn out to deal with it....PLEASE HELP!!!

May our heavenly Father help us all to be ready and equipped for this NEW LEVEL!

Much love to you and yours,

Marga
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you Marga for fleshing out your question. It is much clearer to me now what you are asking about. I agree with Jocelyn's perceptions about what happened in the prayer. Healing was given to this lady and that could be both spiritual and physical healing. When we sit in a prayer circle an energy bubble or elipse or centre ( however you want to describe it) is formed around the attendees. That is why we sit in a circle and if there is a gap in that circle then a angel will step in to fill that gap. They are in essence creating an energetic condition around us in order to facilitate whatever it is that they came to do in answer to your prayers. Each person will have an angel behind them if everyone is praying for the highest and Divine Love. So your description of the prayer is accurate in my experience of prayer circles. This sphere is impermeable to lower spirits and forms a sort of protection. Don't forget that lower spirits are always around because we live in a low vibrational sphere. It is so much easier for these more earthy spirits to have influence on us than the higher ones because we are much closer to that level than we are to the angels. Although Geoff I believe is right that if we are in good spiritual condition and keep our light bright with positive thoughts and loving action, we can protect ourselves from the influence of these lower spirits. I for one, am not infallible in this regard and because I am human and tend to stray in my thoughts and judgments, need the insurance and assurance of the cloak of protection. I wish that I had Geoff's confidence that there is no need for this added blessing but as a 'sensitive', I believe it is a required defense against unexpected attacks of negativity. The darkness is always eager to put out the light and this onslaught can come when least expected.
As for taking on the conditions of another, this is a tricky subject. Since we are underneath it all energy, then if we sensitise ourselves by living a spiritual life, we are in turn subject to all the laws of that realm of consciousness in a more overt way. As we receive more of the Divine Love within, we become more attuned to these subtle energies that are all around us and are interacting all the time. Every encounter with another individual involves some form of energy transfer. This may be in the form of thoughts shared in conversation or in a much less overt way. When we are asked to be a channel of God's Love in the world, we are essentially being asked to have that Love flow through us which then takes on a more physical ( don't quite know how to describe this but if and when you have an experience of it you will know what I mean) form and has a more overt affect on the other soul. In the 'flow of this Love' you are not so vulnerable to these chaotic energies that are all around us. This is the ideal state which I believe our angel friends are ever encouraging us to be in....with every breath as they say. We live in a material world however and to be in this state of Grace which is I'm sure, a mutual desire, it is hard to accomplish. There are so many distractions and challenges that we must attend to in our daily lives. It seems easiest when we are at home in our quiet little sanctuaries because we have built there an energetic condition compatable with the Love in our souls. No chaos there, just healing, peaceful bliss. Because energy is the foundation of every living thing in creation , it is important to draw to you the highest and the purest and we all know that that is done through prayer and receiving the Essence of God into you. Doing this in your home and hopefully in the same place every day, leaves an energy imprint in that place that draws you back again and again and this energy revitalizes and nourishes your soul and spirit. The outside world is not so stable or predictable on this level. We are jostled about constantly by the energetic conditions of others. So when you open up to this realm of energy flow and interaction, it takes some adjustment to cope with these conditions and there is no easy answer to how to do this and since we are hopefully receiving the Love all the time, this sensitivity only increases and changes. For some, this is not an issue as their sensitivity is not easily influenced by the Love. The down side is that they do not experience the wonders of the reality of spirit and all that they bring the way that you and I do Marga. Everything has it's price and I for one am glad to have this rich part of my life because in comparison, the material world is a drab place. My inner life is filled with beauty and so many surprises. I wouldn't have it any other way.
So how do I cope with increased sensitivity? To be honest sometimes I just get so sick of it when all the energies and outside stressors cascade upon me that I will watch some mind numbing TV or have a glass or two of wine :shock: or pig out on some chocolate or go to a movie. Anything to blank out my mind but this does not really deal with the underlying condition, it just delays the work needed to dissipate these energies. Yes, that is the human side of me coping with this can't nail it to the wall because it is like jello issue. Of course the wiser soul part of me says more prayer and make greater effort to be in that flow of Love. Rather than react to the unpleasantness of some situations, be in that somewhat detached state of Grace. Retreating to prayer is always the answer to neutralizing these unwanted energies floating around in your mind and your aura. Asking for healing and Love will do the trick. Thinking that this situation of negative or uncomfortable energies clouding up your state of being will never happen again because you are in God's Grace is naïve. Because we live here, it is a constant battle. But as we deal with this situation more often, we gain some wisdom and discernment. This may include who you hang out with and share yourself with because when we are open in this way, we are also more vulnerable to negativity. No wonder mystics hide out in caves. That is the only real solution to this problem but not very practical is it ? Even Jesus had to get away for forty days in order to get it together. We are meant to be out there in the mainstream of life and to be a channel of God's Will and Love. Yes it's uncomfortable and problematic but just think what our angel friends must cope with by coming all the way down here in order to help us. I think their sacrifice is far, far greater than ours.
So walk in Love dear sister. Be a channel of God's redeeming Love and grace and this will insure your well being and when there are those times when you fall short or are caught in the web of the human condition, pray for healing and comfort. I know it will come. We have to be brave in the face of darkness and strong in the face of our own inner struggles. You are clearing a path for others to follow. God will give you the strength. His Love will dissipate all conditions that are not in harmony with it. You are in His loving care and one of His children. I love you too. Your brother and friend.......Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Marga M. wrote: So, Geoff you too believe that the deep pain that I felt was because of dark spirits? I'm not so sure because the lady at work, when we had another prayer one day, I felt the an evil spirit actually leave her while we prayed.
Dear Marga,

No.

In my experience (of reading about these things) I have come across dark spirits causing physical problems including those which were painful. I have also, in this case personally, experienced dreadful feelings of doom and nastiness which were caused by a dark spirit I found on the internet, many years ago. But I got rid of it through prayer.

I thought you were talking about emotional pain here, and I have never heard of dark spirits causing emotional pain. I am not saying it can't happen, just I have never heard of it. But they can cause you to feel depressed. Is that emotional pain? I thought we caused our own emotional pain and being an empath is sensing the emotional pain of another human being?

If you read that book (Remote Depossession) I sent you a few days back, I suggest reading it carefully to see if there are any instances of emotional pain being transferred to humans. I would also suggest reading 30 Years among the Dead by Dr Carl Wickland and again look for that. I am familiar with both, but don't recall transferred emotional pain. A lot of people are empaths, heck there are web sites for them, and again I don't recall anyone in those communities saying its caused by dark entities. But I don't hang out on those sites, I never felt at home there. Too pagan for me. (Not God Centred)

I would think that people in emotional distress would likely attract dark spirits and that perhaps the two issues are being confused. Because both are present does not mean either caused the other.

hugs
Geoff