The Opinion Page

A forum for Al to post his musings
brother dave k.
Family

Re: The Opinion Page

Post by brother dave k. »

Al, i'm glad that you started this thread, and i hope that it will prove to be productive in the bonding of a community of people making progress in the development of the soul. As Elizabeth said, i have, for a very long time, dealt with the extestential questions of "what is real and what is not", who am i, what is the truth, what meaning and purpose does life have, etc." Elizabeth, thank you for your openness and vulnerability, and bringing these human concerns and issues to the table. i am sure that it will encourage others.

much brotherly love in the Christ Spirit,

dave k.
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Thank you both, Al and Dave, for your kindness and acceptance. I did have flashes after writing it, fear that perhaps I shouldn't have. So thank you. A friend gave me a bumper sticker many years ago, and it's still on my car. It reads: "What wisdom is there that is greater than kindness?" No, it's not a Divine Love truth, but it's lovely and says a great deal in a culture that places so much importance on intellectual and educational accomplishments, as it says kindness trumps all of that. I mention this as I feel the impact of your kindness.

What Good is there that is greater than receiving Divine Love into our souls?

love,
elizabeth
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Amen, to that!
Kathryn
Family

Post by Kathryn »

Thank you Zack and Al for sharing.

Al I know that you have been very close to Jesus and Zack I like that "Jesus is Master" and I think he is overjoyed when we pray to God for his Love and yet we still very much appreciate Jesus and all that he has done and continues to do. I think he is very delighted to see so many of us, from around the world unite together in the truths in which he has taught us.

Love & Blessings, Kathy
Kathryn
Family

Post by Kathryn »

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for your discussions in and around conflict. I have seen that movie and forget the name of it.

I too struggle with conflict Elizabeth and I am the peacemaker in my husband’s family. His siblings tolerate each other. It is very sad really and I often pray to God to please perhaps help me find a way to mend the pain between these two families. I love each of them – they are all wonderful souls. I know that deep down they would welcome the conflict between them disappear. I am presently praying on this daily.

For me personally – conflict can be inevitable, it does not have to be bad or destructive. Conflict can cause a great deal of stress but sometimes God can use it for good. Perhaps conflict can provide an opportunity to glorify God and grow to be like Christ by turning from attitudes that promote conflict.

Being brought up in the Catholic faith there are many biblical passages that I still like to turn to when I find myself involved in a conflict:

“Brothers and Sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.”

And so we also have been taught in the Padgett messages, a message from George Washington on August 1, 1915:

But the brotherhood of man is not the great object for which men should work or preach. First, let each man receive in his heart this Divine Love of the Father, and then the true principles which should exist in the brotherhood of man will find their existence, and men not only as individuals but as brothers will find that they will be happier, and devote themselves to serving one another and to causing the greatest good to the greatest numbers. No mere philanthropical desires of men will bring about the great millenium that men look forward to in organizing and fostering what they call the brotherhood of men.

Of course, men should endeavor to love one another even if they do not have this Divine Love in their souls, but such love will not be sufficient to form a brotherhood that will last and grow under all circumstances. Men's desires are not naturally of the kind that unite them together in one great object, and where their material interests or love of power or ambition to extend their territorial or commercial interests come in conflict with this natural love for one another the natural love must succumb, and as a result war will ensue, and hatred and envy and the desire to overcome one another will take the place of love and brotherhood. Only when men shall get this Divine Love in their hearts will they be able to overcome these natural desires.

And so we have learned that the real essence in dealing with conflict is realizing that the Divine Love of God is in us and we need to glorify him. The true brotherhood of man cannot be achieved via the Natural Love route and again the Padgett messages make simply so much sense and why it is so important that the truth be known!

Love & Blessings, Kathryn
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Dear Kathryn,

I have read your post twice; perhaps I should read it again and again before posting an opinion that has been on my heart these past several days. Your post, Kathryn, is both timely and extremely important, as least it is to me.

Divine Love within our soul, ideally, should make all the difference in the world, not just for our own personal happiness and joy, but the way we relate to each other. And I would add, the way that we relate to other individuals with the Divine Love.

But, sadly, this is not the case, or so it appears to me. I do not feel it is my place to go much further in my statement than what I have already said. But I do feel led to say one more thing. In the Bible Jesus was quite plain when he spoke these words: "How can you say that you love God and hate your brother?" Does the Divine Love in our heart and soul make a huge difference in the way that we treat each other and the way that we act toward one another? Let us examine ourselves; let the examination begin with our self and not the other person. Have I harmed or injured in any way my brother or sister? If I feel that I have, then I must go to that other person and make amends, ask forgiveness, and then will I then feel free to go to the Father and pray and ask for more of His Great Love.

Again, Kathryn, thank you for writing what you did.

With much love to each one,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you everyone for all your commentaries and I agree that we need to look within if we are feeling judgments or negativity towards another whether they are on the Divine Path or not. True Love can and will heal all wounds and bring us to forgiveness. To the extent that we can love ourselves and others is the true indication of our own soul progression. When that deep peace lives abundantly within, the Divine Love has healed our scorched souls. We are all human and must be compassionate towards ourselves and others. Raising unrealistic expectations does little to create a welcoming space here. After all, we are here to urge each other to pray for God's Love. If we can spur each other on in this pursuit then we have accomplished our goal. Whatever else we share is a bonus. To be honest enough with ourselves and our brothers and sisters that we will make mistakes and probably step on some toes but also knowing that this is done almost inadvertently and without malice is important. I do not believe that someone who is sincerely praying for the Love could carry malice towards another. There are misunderstanding and misinterpretations of intent but these things are inevitable considering the medium we are using to communicate with each other. These elements are not quickly made right in this slow communication mode. Yet we try to love and respect one another and I hope that this will always be the case. Because without this, we have nothing to say and might as well pack it up. If we cannot convey the Love here and demonstrate it's powerful effects upon us then we have no understanding of what Divine Love is. Again, with the proviso that we are human and will falter on occasion. My own impression here is that everyone is trying very hard to be loving and accepting and as long as we are trying, we will grow stronger with each effort and attempt to be in that light and grace. This is a learning arena and a testing ground as we share our hearts with one another. With loving and nurturing intent, we will assist each one to self realization and greater awareness of God's wondrous Love. It is certainly working for me, I hope for all of you as well. Much love to everyone here.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

Al wrote,
I do not believe that someone who is sincerely praying for the Love could carry malice towards another.
I think this is a line that bears repeating everytime a chance is got. Perhaps you should try to incorporate it here and there whenever possible. That's why I try hard not to carry a thin skin (don't believe it mattered anyway). But I'll say it for more important folks (sorry for the connotation), it shouldn't matter too much if a remark or such carries a malicious or disrespecting undertone. Explanations can be requested/demanded. Because should it be found that there was indeed malice of intent, we all know the guilty party would be the one that's required sympathy and ultimately prayer. In that sense, brothers and sisters!, I believe we should be free to enjoy expressing ourselves in fellowship and divine communion. Hopefully one day we will be! Having said that, I'll simply reiterate that I Love You All! At least that much I am intending on holding on to.
With Blessings!
Doles
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Doles, I think for the most part we are enjoying a loving and positive conversation together here. It's not perfect but it's the best we can do at this time. And yes I believe we should strive for something more loving and pure in intention. Pray for the Love . That's the key to all of these hopes and ambitions. The natural love does get developed and purified along the way. Since we are at different stages in this journey, we all need to support one another and accept that we will falter on occasion. Love is tolerant and kind and so should all of us here be in that flow of acceptance and support. God bless for now.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.